• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Edit time is too short

Status
Not open for further replies.

KobbeKid

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
The time to edirt is too short....I am not a good typist and always make a lot of typing errors....too often I do not have enough time to do that before the edit function is shut down.

The time to edirt is too short....I am not a good typist and always make a lot of typing errors....too often I do not have enough time to do that before the edit function is shut down.

I suggest that you make more of an effort to proof read and fix your typos before you send the reply.

Why don't you just take your time making sure all of your typing errors are corrected before submitting a post? There is no time limit for that.

Kid, it looks like sympathy is in short supply these days. (That's S, Y, M, P, A, T, H, Y.. :) )

(Just kidding, Kid--I'm a lousy typist, too!)

I'm more concerned about the maximum post length. It's caught me a couple of times.

If you miss a mistake send a PM to @Redress who will be happy to correct it for you.

On occasion, I get called away or distracted and am subject to the same issue.

Such is life.

20 minutes to edit or delete a post is very generous.
Why do they need a time limit?

and...........why is there no delete button?

Why do they need a time limit?

and...........why is there no delete button?
There is a delete button, right under edit, for 20 minutes after you post. There should be a time limit, otherwise people could just go back and edit their old posts and deny they ever said something, for example. Notepad has no edit time limit, you can always use that until you're sure you want to press that post reply button.

It's my understanding that there is no intention of changing the number of edit minutes at this time. Question asked and answered. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom