• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Eddie Vedder On Gun Control Opponents: 'I Almost Wish Bad Things Upon These People'

Re: Eddie Vedder On Gun Control Opponents: 'I Almost Wish Bad Things Upon These Peopl

you start playing Barney and Ill start blowing **** up.... jsut sayin'

:lol:

I always wanted a purple lizard's head on my trophy wall along with the Impala, Lesser Kudu, Gnu and Grant's Gazelle.

Eddie Vedder On Gun Control Opponents: 'I Almost Wish Bad Things Upon These P...

I think he's right to be angry and frustrated at unjustified violence in this country..despite that violence approaching historic lows.

.....and that's where I stop agreeing with Eddy Vedder...I just don't have much in common with far lefties <shrugs>
He's like every other far lefty. They care SO MUCH about the violence yet only focus on the extreme minority of violent incidents. I'd actually give them major props I they went into the streets and inner cities and attacked the real problem. Hell, I'd even make a donation in their name after the gangs issued their response.

I actually like his voice still. The lyrics and musicality has slipped. Their single tracks are actually decent for about a minute, then they are boring and repetitive. But I'll download their latest and give it a listen.

Re: Eddie Vedder On Gun Control Opponents: 'I Almost Wish Bad Things Upon These Peopl

Eddie Vedder can stick his ukulele up his ass...

Eh, I just see Eddie Vedder as a brilliant and talented musician. I love Pearl Jam, they're my favourite band. I enjoy being a fan but i am not a disciple. It's irrelevant to me what Ed thinks of Gun control.

He's just a man and he makes great music.

Eh, I just see Eddie Vedder as a brilliant and talented musician. I love Pearl Jam, they're my favourite band. I enjoy being a fan but i am not a disciple. It's irrelevant to me what Ed thinks of Gun control.

He's just a man and he makes great music.

BINGO!!! His commentary on the issue has no validity. He isn't an expert.

So it is ok to wish harm on those who disagree with you?

And you wonder why we want to have a right to protect ourselves with a firearm?

I am his huckleberry. I want the extremists that hate gun owners to put their hate into action. When its over, we won't have many gun haters around anymore

The truth is the band members left from Mother Love Bone had no good reason to add him to the tribute band Temple of the Dog as they already had Chris Cornell for vocals that started the tribute band to begin with.

As for his voice, that is pretty much gone these days.
I haven't kept up with PJ since probably just after high school, but the first three albums were pretty good. Nothing compared to MLB though.

This is why I pirate music.

so far HOJ has cited the following in support of his hatred of gun owners

1) a fourth rate law professor who teaches at a bottom tier law school named Carl BOGUS-whose theory is either totally ignored by leading constitutional scholars or quickly dismissed as BS.

2) a washed up singer who has no relevant expertise or education in the field and whose understanding of the issue is probably a little less than the average American's ability to compose rock songs

Frankly, I don't find HOJ's idols to be very convincing

I haven't kept up with PJ since probably just after high school, but the first three albums were pretty good. Nothing compared to MLB though.

i guess i am an old Coot, because i still listen to 60's and 70's music.

I do too, much more so than Pearl Jam, but their early stuff was really good for it's time. The thing about music up to about the mid 90s is that it could mostly hold up forever, the newer stuff................not so much.

maybe i should go look up the views points of pee-wee Herman.

this thread is ridiculous, to think at people should listen to people in the entertainment business, as them being any sort of authority on issues.

You want your opinion heard, apparently. Should we consider you some kind of expert?

nothing wrong with that. my 15 year old looks down on the current stuff (he is fairly decent as a musician) and notes that Ian Anderson, Jimmy Page, Jerry Garcia, and Jimmy Hendrix are all far better musicians than most of the stuff topping the charts these days. 50 years from now, LZ and Hendrix and The Grateful dead will still have millions of fans. Lady Gaga not so much

You want your opinion heard, apparently. Should we consider you some kind of expert?

He seems to be far more educated than ANY of the anti gun brayers. I notice you have changed your lean to "other". is that a strategic ploy to gain credibility on the gun forum since most of those who have "progressive" or Very liberal tend to be completely clueless on these gun topics.

I am his huckleberry. I want the extremists that hate gun owners to put their hate into action. When its over, we won't have many gun haters around anymore

(snicker!)
Schoolyard bullcrap. Want whatever lulls you to sleep at night.

Vedder with "Zeke" did a great cover of Johnny Ramone's "The Dangers of Love" on WE'RE A HAPPY FAMILY. the funny thing was Johnny Ramone was an NRA Life member and said Vedder's views on guns was idiotic many years ago.

Johnny was a good guy. one of my friends in law school was heavily into the NY punk scene and his father had a place where such acts often played. He knew Johnny well and was at his funeral. He said Johnny was very sharp politically and very pro gun rights

to post a statement from a entertainer on the form, as an authority is ridiculous.

i dont have a problem with people posting their point of view on the forum, however he didn't post his view, HEAD posted it for him, as if he's an authority for all of us to take heart and listen.

if you wish to make your view known... i am glad to listen to it....however it you were list someone who uses his frame to promote a cause, thats something, i relegate to the dustbin.

(snicker!)
Schoolyard bullcrap. Want whatever lulls you to sleep at night.

It seems you come to these gun threads to bait pro gun posters. rather than take a solid position and then have the stones to defend it, you sneer, snicker, insinuate and insult people mainly, I suspect, because they aren't far lefties. I think that is what really bothers you and why you engage in such behavior

He seems to be far more educated than ANY of the anti gun brayers. I notice you have changed your lean to "other". is that a strategic ploy to gain credibility on the gun forum since most of those who have "progressive" or Very liberal tend to be completely clueless on these gun topics.

No you don't. Notice anything, I mean. My thing has always said, 'other'.

Vedder with "Zeke" did a great cover of Johnny Ramone's "The Dangers of Love" on WE'RE A HAPPY FAMILY. the funny thing was Johnny Ramone was an NRA Life member and said Vedder's views on guns was idiotic many years ago.

Johnny was a good guy. one of my friends in law school was heavily into the NY punk scene and his father had a place where such acts often played. He knew Johnny well and was at his funeral. He said Johnny was very sharp politically and very pro gun rights
That's pretty cool. Iirc, Johnny and Joey used to have little clashes here and there because they were quite different politically.

That's pretty cool. Iirc, Johnny and Joey used to have little clashes here and there because they were quite different politically.

some claim that Joey's song the KKK Took my baby away was a reference to Johnny getting Joey's girlfriend.

some claim that Joey's song the KKK Took my baby away was a reference to Johnny getting Joey's girlfriend.
LOL. I love that era of their music too.

You can't think with your heart about everything. Killing is an ugly business, but sometimes it needs to be done.

Especially when idiots such as Mr. Vedder are given any chance of being taken seriously.

Back
Top Bottom