• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ed Schultz Moving Back to MSNBC Weekdays

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
He's moving to 5PM eastern a slot now occupied by Chris "Tweety" Matthews who will now only be seen just once each day at 7PM. This slot was normally just a repeat of the 5PM slot. I didn't think Schultz's move to weekends was a smart one. I thought they would reverse the switch with Chris Hayse because Hayse ratings in the 8PM slot haven't been as Schultz's was.

Ed Schultz Moving Back to MSNBC Weekdays - TVNewser

Who cares. MSNBC attracts people that find it difficult to keep drool in their mouths.

I guess having 8 people watching is better than 7

He's moving to 5PM eastern a slot now occupied by Chris "Tweety" Matthews who will now only be seen just once each day at 7PM. This slot was normally just a repeat of the 5PM slot. I didn't think Schultz's move to weekends was a smart one. I thought they would reverse the switch with Chris Hayse because Hayse ratings in the 8PM slot haven't been as Schultz's was.

Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.:sinking::sinking:

Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.:sinking::sinking:
I don't think so, repeating Matthews show just one hour later was always dumb. Putting him on just once will strengthen his show.

I get the sense the move of Schultz's show to the weekend was initiated by Schultz himself, it allowed him to do his daily 3-hour radio show near his home in the mid-west and travel to NYC to do the TV show on the weekend. Ed's new schedule will be less grueling than it was before the move to the weekend. He then had to wait 5 hours after his radio show to do his TV show, with the new schedule it will be just two hours.

Fox is doing some adjusting of their own by putting Megyn Kelly in Sean Hannity's time-slot.

free yourself from confirmation bias. it's liberating.

Very good analogy! :thumbs:

Good morning, Jack! :2wave:

Good morning, Polgara.:2wave:

I'm off work today (and therefore posting a bit) for scheduled maintenance. Getting old is hell, but it beats the alternative.:peace

I don't think so, repeating Matthews show just one hour later was always dumb. Putting him on just once will strengthen his show.

I get the sense the move of Schultz's show to the weekend was initiated by Schultz himself, it allowed him to do his daily 3-hour radio show near his home in the mid-west and travel to NYC to do the TV show on the weekend. Ed's new schedule will be less grueling than it was before the move to the weekend. He then had to wait 5 hours after his radio show to do his TV show, with the new schedule it will be just two hours.

Fox is doing some adjusting of their own by putting Megyn Kelly in Sean Hannity's time-slot.

Fox's move is from a position of strength. MK is the hottest property in cable television right now, having been courted by CNN and at least one of the former big three over-the-air networks. I confess that I like Ed Schultz even though I disagree with him on many questions. Seems like a guy I could spend two-three good hours with in a bar. Nonetheless, his old school union guy on-air demeanor doesn't have much of a cable news audience.:peace

I'm off work today (and therefore posting a bit) for scheduled maintenance. Getting old is hell, but it beats the alternative.:peace

:agree: What's the old saying? "If I can get out of bed, it's shaping up to be a good day!" :lamo:

I assume the "scheduled maintenance" you refer to means office equipment, and not a checkup with a sadistic doctor! :lamo:

Yes, but isn't the difference that Fox has an audience and MSLSD doesn't?

Fox's move is from a position of strength. MK is the hottest property in cable television right now, having been courted by CNN and at least one of the former big three over-the-air networks. I confess that I like Ed Schultz even though I disagree with him on many questions. Seems like a guy I could spend two-three good hours with in a bar. Nonetheless, his old school union guy on-air demeanor doesn't have much of a cable news audience.:peace

What is the Rev. Al cable news audience?

Yes, but isn't the difference that Fox has an audience and MSLSD doesn't?
Well, your just wrong, MSNBC does have an audience (I am certain there are others besides me) albeit not as large as Fox, the person they supported for POTUS won.

BTW, referring to them as MSLSD is childish and stupid. :mrgreen:

You mean he didn't go to Al GoreJazeera? I heard they had a spot open for a janitor.

Schultz is the worst nightmare of The Five. Their main claim is to have legs for the right's perverts to stare at. MSLSD has now realized their big mistake. And Chameleon Matthews is begging his audience to move to 7:00 eastern.
You mean he didn't go to Al GoreJazeera? I heard they had a spot open for a janitor.

Well, your just wrong, MSNBC does have an audience (I am certain there are others besides me) albeit not as large as Fox, the person they supported for POTUS won.

BTW, referring to them as MSLSD is childish and stupid. :mrgreen:

I agree. Everyone knows they're MSDNC.:peace

Ed the talking jackass is comming back to days. Hell I didn't know he left. Dosn't matter nobody will see him cause nobody watches MSLSD.

Airing Matthews, at all, is dumb.

To quote Sgt. Hulka (Stripes): "Lighten up, Francis.":peace
I am light, what I said is true, I think it's good Fox tries to pick the candidate for president ... Good for the DNC that is. McCain, Romney ... lol Who will be the flunky next time?

Schultz is the worst nightmare of The Five. Their main claim is to have legs for the right's perverts to stare at. MSLSD has now realized their big mistake. And Chameleon Matthews is begging his audience to move to 7:00 eastern.

... so you like Schultz's legs?

Back
Top Bottom