• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ed Schultz Moving Back to MSNBC Weekdays

That's great news! I liked his show when it was on weekdays. Didn't always agree with him, and he could harp on things to excess, but he is a passionate guy and did an interesting show. When he moved to weekends, I thought I'd watch it a bit, but I never did. Turns out I'm doing other things at those times. Even though I'm at work during the 4 pm (CST) slot, I can at least tape it. Glad to hear Hardball is staying on at 6 pm.

I read this story the other day and it had all the gravitas of a person telling me their lunch had just moved from their small intestine to their large intestines.

I thought it may have been Schultz's idea, because his wife had gotten cancer this past year. He said that the weekday shows and his radio show meant 13 hour days, so the move to weekends enabled him to spend more time with family, even though he worked all weekend and weekdays, too. But his weekdays were shorter. But I don't know if MSNBC was trying to attract a younger crowd with Hayes or what. Or a more intellectual crowd, leading into the Maddow show. Schultz has more appeal to the older working crowd, while Hayes & Maddow appeal to a younger more educated crowd, I would think. But I'm glad Schultz is back to weekdays. The weekend show turned out to be a bad idea.

Hardball's prime show is staying at the same time. The audience doesn't have to move.

oxy Limpy and Jerry Sandusky--what a Repub pair---both protected by Repub governors

You'd be less pathetic if you didn't write like you were high on something.

I did not make this claim about Air America. Is Limbaugh allowed out of the Repub capital of OXY yet?
Big Eddie never worked for Air America although he was heard on many of their stations.

And pathetic is a Republikan attorney general who refused to prosecute Sandusky because of his election for governor. Pretty sick.
You'd be less pathetic if you didn't write like you were high on something.

He's moving to 5PM eastern a slot now occupied by Chris "Tweety" Matthews who will now only be seen just once each day at 7PM. This slot was normally just a repeat of the 5PM slot. I didn't think Schultz's move to weekends was a smart one. I thought they would reverse the switch with Chris Hayse because Hayse ratings in the 8PM slot haven't been as Schultz's was.

Ed Schultz Moving Back to MSNBC Weekdays - TVNewser

MSNBC ratings. Hum. You know, normally when we say "six of one, half a dozen of the other," we're speaking metaphorically, not literally.

And pathetic is a Republikan attorney general who refused to prosecute Sandusky because of his election for governor. Pretty sick.

I noticed you replied twice to the part of my post that said you write like you are high on something and failed to respond to my point that there was a Democrat in the governor's seat in Pennsylvania for the 8 years prior to Sandusky's arrest.

Nice tell, Johnny Space Cadet.

Big Eddie never worked for Air America although he was heard on many of their stations.

Yeah, he was on the 12:00-3 shift for some other Lib channel, the results were the same.

Last edited:
The right hate Chris because he never lets a repiglicon get away with bullshat... he acts as sort of a crap meter for the repiglicon party and he is very good at it.
They hate Ed because he is genuinely passionate about American workers rights and their unions.
In the end, Fux Snooze has higher cable TV ratings and they support losing presidential candidates.
If I had to choose I think I'd stick with winning presidential elections and let the ratings slide.
Democratic voters don't need to be spoon fed their politics like repiglicons do with Fux Snooze... they are generally much smarter and can find the truth on their own.

I am light, what I said is true, I think it's good Fox tries to pick the candidate for president ... Good for the DNC that is. McCain, Romney ... lol Who will be the flunky next time?

You used to have a sense of humor.

You used to have a sense of humor.
I still do, however when someone says or implies MSNBC and FOX are the same thing, but a different side of the coin I get defensive. Fox is run by an idealog, Roger Ailes, MSNBC is not. Fox is a haven for GOP candidates who don't have the moxie to appear in the MSM, you see that most when it comes to presidential candidates.

Fox has super ratings MSNBC does not, but the occupant of the White House is a Democrat. I like it that way.:peace

I still do, however when someone says or implies MSNBC and FOX are the same thing, but a different side of the coin I get defensive. Fox is run by an idealog, Roger Ailes, MSNBC is not. Fox is a haven for GOP candidates who don't have the moxie to appear in the MSM, you see that most when it comes to presidential candidates.

Fox has super ratings MSNBC does not, but the occupant of the White House is a Democrat. I like it that way.:peace

I think you have it exactly backwards re Fox and MSNBC. Fox puts many more liberals on the air than MSNBC does conservatives. It's not close.:peace

I think you have it exactly backwards re Fox and MSNBC. Fox puts many more liberals on the air than MSNBC does conservatives. It's not close.:peace
Most those liberals have a POV which conservatives agree with, like Kirsten Powers loves to trash the media. MSNBC has a conservative host, Joe Scarborough, how many liberal hosts does Fox have? Please don't give me that Greta Van Susteren BS you guys always give, she is no Libeal.

Most those liberals have a POV which conservatives agree with, like Kirsten Powers loves to trash the media. MSNBC has a conservative host, Joe Scarborough, how many liberal hosts does Fox have? Please don't give me that Greta Van Susteren BS you guys always give, she is no Libeal.

I watch Morning Joe every day. Joe is balanced by Red Mika. I don't make any claims about hosts. It is nonetheless undeniable that you will hear far more liberal opinions expressed on Fox than conservative opinions on MSNBC. Fox is the only cable news network to go out of their way to present opinion diversity.:peace

I watch Morning Joe every day. Joe is balanced by Red Mika. I don't make any claims about hosts. It is nonetheless undeniable that you will hear far more liberal opinions expressed on Fox than conservative opinions on MSNBC. Fox is the only cable news network to go out of their way to present opinion diversity.:peace
Fox is a place where members of the GOP go when they don't want to face the questions from the MSM, they hide on Fox. Fox was the only place where Gov. Romney went when he didn't didn't take his wife to bail him out. That basically my point Jack.

Rupert Murdoch and Roger Ailes want Fox to be the King maker and just fine with me because it doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom