• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

With, naturally, a jab at Glenn Beck at the end.

Jon Stewart IS "Fair and Balanced" with emphasis on "Balanced". He is not an ex-drug addict, recovering alcoholic, with questionable morals. He speaks directly out of one mouth and it is not for shock and awe.show me the money like some other shock jock radio/TV pundits. He is successful because he isn't full of shyte. This causes much consternation and jealously from the likes of Ed Schultz; who btw is the liberal equivalent to Glenn Beck without the following. Here is what Jon said about MSNBC that may have Ed's tighty-whities in a wad:
Jon Stewart Hilariously Mocks MSNBC
1). MSNBC: Nothing Says Sizzle Like Andrea Mitchell

2). MSNBC: Still 100% Latino Free

3). MSNBC: It Could Always Be Worse. You Could Be Watching CNN Right Now

For all of those people on the Right who demonize Jon Stewart and his “liberal show,” I’d like them to watch this segment. Stewart doesn’t have a political agenda. He does have an agenda about media accountability, but he doesn’t have a partisan agenda. It is endless frustrating to watch and read so many of the self righteous political pundits in this country try to attach a political motive to everything that Stewart does, for example, The Rally to Restore Sanity, which isn’t about politics, and won’t impact the midterm elections a couple of days later, no matter how myopically the talking heads analyze it.

With their constant thrust to fit him into their predefined political narrative, the media has proven Jon Stewart’s point for him. Cable news needs to break away from the entertainment that passes as news, and try to focus on returning to its original purpose of factual reporting and news gathering. This will never happen because of how profitable the current model is. Fox News makes a mountain of profit. MSNBC is one of the most profitable divisions in the whole NBC family. Even CNN despite their ratings struggle pulls in strong profits.

The news media has shifted from being run as a public service with a civic duty to report the news to a center for corporate profits. Jon Stewart has been the singular voice advocating for “restoring sanity” to our media. That’s what the 10/30 rally is about. It is about getting rid of lame, slick, branding, like MSNBC’s latest terrible misfire, and replacing it with programming that is informative. As Stewart himself has proven with his comedy show, it is possible to be entertaining and informative, but as long as news divisions are being run with only profit in mind, our news will continue to vanish from what are supposed to be news networks.

Ed Shultz would denounce his own mother or his own children if it gained him 1 or 2 additional kool-aid drinkers to watch his anaemic rantings.

Why do people pretend that Ed Schultz is relevant?

Not sure --- I guess because he gets attention for saying outrageous things. The more outrageous the more attention and some may think such attention makes his nutty statements relevant. :shrug:

Not sure --- I guess because he gets attention for saying outrageous things. The more outrageous the more attention and some may think such attention makes his nutty statements relevant. :shrug:

That is why many of us compare him to Glenn Beck, except that far fewer liberals actually give what he says any credence. Liberals are smart like that.

This thread belongs in the breaking news category? :lamo This is nothing more than audio from Ed's radio program and put on YouTube by Brian Maloney at RadioEqualizer who is trying to make a non-story into one. Listening to Ed's commentary, it doesn't exactly sound that he's denounced the rally, its more like he's questioning the validity of it from a political POV.

Fox News is an Oxymoron.

What I don't get about the libs on DP who go on and on about the loathsome Fox News is that if Fox News is an oxymoron, why not stop giving the morons oxy? Why not just ignore their BS?

That is why many of us compare him to Glenn Beck, except that far fewer liberals actually give what he says any credence. Liberals are smart like that.

Ask a couple hard core left wingers... Obama and van Jones... if Beck has any credibility.

Exactly. Schultz is a blow hard dick that spews nonsense. For whatever reason that formula does not work on the left.

Exactly. Schultz is a blow hard dick that spews nonsense. For whatever reason that formula does not work on the left.

And, which side of the political fence are Keith Olberrman, Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews, Joy Behar and Nina Totenberg on?

Who is Nina Totenberg? :lol:

Ed Shultz would denounce his own mother or his own children if it gained him 1 or 2 additional kool-aid drinkers to watch his anaemic rantings.
All those guys care about is ratings. Maybe the best thing to do is ignore them.

I don't want to lump all pundits together. There are plenty of polite ones like George Will and Sam Donaldson, but the rude ones get the ratings.

And, which side of the political fence are Keith Olberrman, Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews, Joy Behar and Nina Totenberg on?

How are their ratings?

And who watches them? Do they have the same ratings as Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly and Beck?

May I present to you:

:failpail:

And who watches them? Do they have the same ratings as Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly and Beck?

May I present to you:

:failpail:

Are you suggesting that since MSNBC's ratings are not as high as Fox's ratings, the content and subsequent outrageous behavior is somehow excused?

With, naturally, a jab at Glenn Beck at the end.

slide_12644_169304_large.jpg

Are you suggesting that since MSNBC's ratings are not as high as Fox's ratings, the content and subsequent outrageous behavior is somehow excused?

I think she is suggesting that they are less relevant. I don't see any of the MSNBC pundits having disciples here like Beck does.

All I can say is that douche doesn't speak for me. :shrug:

I rather dislike biased pundits and would rather get facts.

Every time I say that about Glenn Beck or Rush, most lefties call me a liar because they can't possibly comprehend that Beck and Rush don't run the GOP.

It's not that weird that a guy who makes a living off of spreading fear, and insanity would be against a rally promoting to stop that kind of rhetoric.

Reactions: mpg
Every time I say that about Glenn Beck or Rush, most lefties call me a liar because they can't possibly comprehend that Beck and Rush don't run the GOP.

Who is the leader of the GOP?

Back
Top Bottom