• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ed Schultz Blames Glenn Beck for the Shoulder Stomper

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Big surprise, right?

No mention of what Glenn said about it on his radio show today. No mention of how Glenn repudiated the "violence is on the table" remark. No mention of ANY left-wing violence. Ed even says that it's ONLY the right-wing causing violence.

Good Lord. :doh

Well, just remember that media personalities get into war with other media personalities. That's the way they are and have an audience of millions to engage in egotistical blabbering.

Big surprise, right?

No mention of what Glenn said about it on his radio show today. No mention of how Glenn repudiated the "violence is on the table" remark. No mention of ANY left-wing violence. Ed even says that it's ONLY the right-wing causing violence.

Glenn Beck said the violenece would be coming from "the left," Ed was correct saying that.

Not really big on Ed Schultz, but I don't see what's inaccurate about this video.

Both sides have their idiots.

I swear I don't know any liberals that watch Schultz. Using Schultz to counter Beck is like me using this crackhead birther I know to rebut Schultz.

No one is ever going to hold our elected officials accountable as long as they are listening to these idiots.

Not really big on Ed Schultz, but I don't see what's inaccurate about this video.

How about the opening statement? Can you 'honestly' say that ALL Tea PArty members & ALL Tea Party candidates have been acting like thugs since the election campaigns began? Really? ALL of them?

Big surprise, right?

I get exhausted with the whole 'media war' getting wrapped up with my politics.

It's all bull****.

Much of the time watching television news can be summed up in the following words: Watch Journalists and Media Personalities Playing Politics!
It's like watching children.

Much of the time watching television news can be summed up in the following words: Watch Journalists and Media Personalities Playing Politics!

There has to be a word for that instead of journalist or maybe there needs to be another word for what use to be journalist?

It's sad and pathetic, isn't it?

What I find interesting, is how many on the left respond to a thread where a pundit is targeted, especially when it's a liberal pundit. Instead of, or along with, condemning the pundit (in this case Shultz), they condemn all political opinion shows, and imply that anyone who tunes in to them are uneducated and unintelligent.

Gee... You think the fact that conservative opinion shows on both radio and television are dominating liberal talk in the ratings, and are destroying the liberal agenda by informing the public about things the main stream media won't, has anything to do with their condemnation of all political opinion?

Naaaaa... Couldn't be.

I have a tool like him in my tool chest. It is broken, and serves no useful purpose.

Agreed. But that would apply to Beck as well IMHO. Why do people listen to any of them?

Ill watch Schultz a little but his show is all political hype. I prefer others on MSNBC.

Thank you for making my point... Give yourself a cookie.

**** is ****. Doesn't matter who's dominating or what is happening because of it. **** is still ****. And it all stinks.

**** is ****. Doesn't matter who's dominating or what is happening because of it. **** is still ****. And it all stinks.

Thank you again... You must be in a good mood to keep feeding me like this.

Thank you again... You must be in a good mood to keep feeding me like this.

Nope, but your complaint is flawed. Sorry. You may like **** because it suits you. But it's still **** and smells.

Nope, but your complaint is flawed. Sorry. You may like **** because it suits you. But it's still **** and smells.

That's the ticket... Go after me with insults.

You liberals never fail to meet expectations.

That's the ticket... Go after me with insults.

You liberals never fail to meet expectations.

I'm not the one saying I like ****. So I'm not the one insulting you. Just saying . . . ;)

There has to be a word for that instead of journalist or maybe there needs to be another word for what use to be journalist?

Journalists do it frequently. Basically what it is is being shown the "teachers lounge" at all times. You can easily pick out meta-discussions each week, especially during those times where they have to "ask" themselves whether not a story they themselves have covered day in and day out was too much. Even in documentaries, journalists are complaining about the lack of respect or the degredation of their profession because people are seeing the bright and colorful images instead of "the news"-which so happens to be a certain political viewpoint (in this case, a journalist on one of the classic networks complaining that viewers were responding positively to the images of Reagan near a balloon shower rather than getting the fact that something *possibly* negative-depending on one's political view-happened. It was a PBS documentary, I want to say, about the 1988 elections.)

What the viewer ends up seeing is less politics or less war meta discussions, and what you end up viewing is the world of journalism and how journalists view the world around them. Then it just exponentially worse when born and bred radio show hosts and television pundits become involved.

And Grim, I'm not trying to dismiss this controversy. I'm trying to expand the discussion, ironically, to a viewpoint you could also agree with.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom