• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Economy Flights Not Safe For Black Women, Says New Orleans Mayor

Read the article?
I read the OP link which didn't answer my question, and the trip to France?
And do New Orleans residents feel the have benefited as a result of the trips? That's all that should really matter, if they are the only ones who paid for them.

I read the OP link which didn't answer my question, and the trip to France?
And do New Orleans residents feel the have benefited as a result of the trips? That's all that should really matter, if they are the only ones who paid for them.
I edited my post to include a quote from the second article.

I edited my post to include a quote from the second article.
I was curious, but it's not something I'm willing to waste much time on to get answers.
Thanks for what you provided.

The good Mayor has standards like Beetle Juice Lightfoot.

But coach isn’t safe. Especially for black women.

I call horse hockey
——-
New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell has defended using taxpayers’ money to purchase first-class seats on international flights and insisted she will not pay the money back after previously stating that it is unsafe to fly economy as a black woman

This wins "dumbest new thread" award for this week, I think.

The mayor of a major U.S. city flies 1st Class on official business trips to Europe.

B.F.D.

If I were a betting man (and I'm not)...I'd wager that EVERY other mayor.....of EVERY other major (or even mid-sized) city....in EVERY other state in this country.....take similar accommodations on international flights for official business as well.

The real "story" here is that this mayor is an African-American woman....who represents and largely African-American major U.S. city.

That this is even a "news" story, is reflective of the shallowness of idiocy within the white-grievance community.

Easy for you to say. It wasn't on YOUR dime.
It's on the "dime" of every resident of every international city in this country. Just standard operating procedure for an elected official in her position.

The only reason it's "news" to Reason.com....is because she's black and Democratic and New Orleans is predominantly black city.

The mayor of Tulsa is white. He travels internationally frequently as well, because Tulsa is an energy business hub. You think he flies coach for 13 hours? Of course not.

White-grievance thinking and tactics are not very hard to identify.

Last edited:
It's on the "dime" of every resident of every international city in this country. Just standard operating procedure for an elected official in her position.

The only reason it's "news" to Reason.com....is because she's black and Democratic and New Orleans is predominantly black city.

The mayor of Tulsa is white. He travels internationally frequently as well, because Tulsa is an energy business hub. You think he flies coach for 13 hours? Of course not.

White-grievance thinking and tactics are not very hard to identify.
Why shouldn't they ride coach? Trump would have. Heck, he gave up his weekly paycheck

This wins "dumbest new thread" award for this week, I think.

The mayor of a major U.S. city flies 1st Class on official business trips to Europe.

B.F.D.

If I were a betting man (and I'm not)...I'd wager that EVERY other mayor.....of EVERY other major (or even mid-sized) city....in EVERY other state in this country.....take similar accommodations on international flights for official business as well.

The real "story" here is that this mayor is an African-American woman....who represents and largely African-American major U.S. city.

That this is even a "news" story, is reflective of the shallowness of idiocy within the white-grievance community.
You must think it was OK for the head of BLM to buy houses with donated money?

No. The reason it's news is because it's a politician engaging in piss-poor spending habits.

The only thing i give her kudos for is she didn't use a private jet like some Green Hypocrites.

Why shouldn't they ride coach? Trump would have. Heck, he gave up his weekly paycheck

Please. Trump flying coach?

He earned far more billing the Secret Service for staying in his facilities than he ever earned as president.

Speaking of Trump and the race card...

Last edited:
I wonder if any of her "entourage" back in coach were black women?
It didn't say. One would think that the mayor's staff is diverse. I understand wanting to be comfortable on a long overseas flight, I don't buy her excuse.

I wonder if any of her "entourage" back in coach were black women?
Is anyone else curious to learn what happens to Black Women who fly economy?

Is anyone else curious to learn what happens to Black Women who fly economy?
Yes. Please research extensively and report in the morning. We want video footage for sure.

Yes. Please research extensively and report in the morning. We want video footage for sure.
If there is such an issue, I would hope there would be some interest in resolving it. Wouldn't you?

Why shouldn't they ride coach? Trump would have.
Trump? :ROFLMAO: Your Dear Leader (Trump) is an effete, blow-dried, manicured fake tough-guy who has never worked an honest day...AND never flown coach....in his entire life.

Trump would have taken his own plane....AND BILLED THE CITY for it!

Even the most brain-washed of Trump acolytes should be ashamed to post something as silly as the above.

Heck, he gave up his weekly paycheck
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:......while he LITERALLY violated the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution by continuing to enrich himself while in office. He never divesting himself from his businesses, and used his DC hotel to host gatherings and even foreign leaders....and while he bill the US taxpayers for every one of the 400+ days of vacation AND the 293 documents daytime golf trips to Bedminster NJ that Trump took while in office.

Trump spent 26% of his days in office on official vacations....and another 293 days in which he left the WH to play golf in the middle of the day.....which amounts to 46% of his entire presidency. [To compare, Obama took a TOTAL of about 350 days of vacation....in EIGHT YEARS].

Trump was a lazy, corrupt and incompetent one-term failure who enriched himself while in office.

As for his pledge to donate his salary, it turned out to be a typical Trump con-job. He did donate his salary each quarter ($100K per quarter) primarily to various federal agencies...BUT, he then cut that same amount from the budgets of those agencies each year! PLUS....his businesses (primarily Trump Hotel DC and Mar a Lago) earned EXPONENTIALLY more than Trump's $400K salary while Trump was in office.

Again, I would like to say I'm surprised that you would even raise such a weak argument....but that would be a lie. I'm not shocked by any of it, anymore.

You must think it was OK for the head of BLM to buy houses with donated money?
Dumb comment. Obviously, you couldn't rebut my point, so you opted for DEFLECTION.

You must think that you can change the subject on me, and get away with it.

You can't.

Bottom line: Any/every big-city mayor in the country is flying first class on any official business trips to Europe. The only reason this is a story for the wingnut media is that THIS mayor is black....and she was elected by a predominantly black city. That's all it takes for people like you to be triggered.

No. The reason it's news is because it's a politician engaging in piss-poor spending habits.
No. It's just another glaring example of rightwing hypocrisy.

Sorry, but it's just bs, and I think you know it. No mayor in this country is traveling coach on official business to Europe. None.

To pretend otherwise, is to be naïve or dishonest.

That aside...you're a conservative and a Trump acolyte, for Pete's sake. You really have no standing in the "piss-poor spending habits" debate.

The only thing i give her kudos for is she didn't use a private jet like some Green Hypocrites.
Again...the ONLY reason this is a story in the rightwing universe....is because the mayor is black and she leads a prominent, majority black city.

The mayor of Tulsa (who is white and a GOPer)...recently took a trip to Europe as well. Tell me...why didn't that make the front page of Reason.com?

Back
Top Bottom