• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Economy added 431,000 jobs in March despite worries over slowing economy

Yes and we are now 400,000 below the Pre pandemic results over two years ago. Can you explain why the job creation caused Biden to go into a spending spree? Still no explanation as to why he isn't getting credit for these results, probably has a lot to do with the impact his policies have had on inflation as you didn't read the article I posted including the following

If you aren't on a fixed income you aren't nearly as affected as those who are and that is what the left fails to recognize
Oh no! If we have a strong jobs growth in April and are net jobs since your hero's "high point", you'll lose that talking point.

I don't give two shits about polls.
Inflation has been world wide. Why are you blaming inflation on liberals when the issue expands beyond our boundaries? Are you blaming rising inflation in England, Germany, and other countries on liberals?
Of course you don't as obviously you don't give a shit about how inflation is hurting hourly employees and those on fixed income, typical liberal compassion. Always placing blame on someone else now foreign governments? Please explain to us what it is about Biden and liberalism that creates your kind of loyalty

Oh no! If we have a strong jobs growth in April and are net jobs since your hero's "high point", you'll lose that talking point.
Context doesn't resonate with you does it as it is all about continuing to sell the liberal utopian ideology. Answer the question how does 8% inflation affect hourly employees and fixed income retirees and where is that factored into the job growth?

Am I the only one not surprised that Conservative ran on here this morning to show us all how angry he is that America is succeeding, and how he is, as usual, rooting for America to fail?

It must be sad to be filled with such ugly partisan hate. Maybe he can write a fan letter to Trump.

Am I the only one not surprised that Conservative ran on here this morning to show us all how angry he is that America is succeeding, and how he is, as usual, rooting for America to fail?

It must be sad to be filled with such ugly partisan hate. Maybe he can write a fan letter to Trump.
Sorry but your fixation with me is rather scary, does your employer know you spend so much time socially ln the computer. Amazing how being concerned about high inflation is partisan hate. Just goes to show how easy it is to indoctrinate poorly educated people on feel good liberal rhetoric.

Sorry but your fixation with me is rather scary, does your employer know you spend so much time socially ln the computer. Amazing how being concerned about high inflation is partisan hate. Just goes to show how easy it is to indoctrinate poorly educated people on feel good liberal rhetoric.

I'm not fixated with (you mean on) you. You are on here, posting in this thread. Weird comment.

My customers are in Europe (something I've posted 1000 times on here) and it's past 6:00 where they are. They are no longer working.

Get a job and you'll find out what it's like to work.

Context doesn't resonate with you does it as it is all about continuing to sell the liberal utopian ideology. Answer the question how does 8% inflation affect hourly employees and fixed income retirees and where is that factored into the job growth?

So, where did anyone post anything about any ideologies in this thread?
I saw posters come in and cheer that America continues to grow. More jobs added, lower unemployment rates.
Then a few posters came in here to shit on that success.
No where did anyone post anything about ideologies, either conservative or liberal.

Retirees can get jobs.
I'm tired of having my tax dollars pay for these lazy government teet suckers to sit around and do nothing but complain.

I'm not fixated with (you mean on) you. You are on here, posting in this thread. Weird comment.

My customers are in Europe (something I've posted 1000 times on here) and it's past 6:00 where they are. They are no longer working.

Get a job and you'll find out what it's like to work.
So what does this have to do with the thread topic and stop with the personal attacks. Had a job for 35 years and unlike you I understand the private sector and the context of these economic numbers. You continue to cheerlead economic data that you don't understand. I suggest a civics class to learn what causes inflation and how that is all tied to liberal economic policies. why would any gov't spend trillions of dollars on a returning job market and recovering economy?

As stated these job numbers are improving but gains are wiped out by historic high inflation, 2% in 2020, 7% in 2021, and 8% this year. Typical liberal compassion on display for those hourly workers and fixed income retirees who have their income gutted by the high inflation

So what does this have to do with the thread topic and stop with the personal attacks. Had a job for 35 years and unlike you I understand the private sector and the context of these economic numbers. You continue to cheerlead economic data that you don't understand. I suggest a civics class to learn what causes inflation and how that is all tied to liberal economic policies. why would any gov't spend trillions of dollars on a returning job market and recovering economy?

As stated these job numbers are improving but gains are wiped out by historic high inflation, 2% in 2020, 7% in 2021, and 8% this year. Typical liberal compassion on display for those hourly workers and fixed income retirees who have their income gutted by the high inflation

So says the poster who immediately plopped in the same polling turds. :poop:

"Nonfarm payrolls expanded by 431,000 for the month, while the unemployment rate was 3.6%, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been looking for 490,000 on payrolls and 3.7% for the jobless level."

Seems like US fell a bit short of what was hoped. Anything positive in job growth is always a good thing, especially with rising inflation and consumer pricing.

"Revisions from prior months also were strong. January’s total rose 23,000 to 504,000, while February was revised up to 750,000 compared to the initial count of 678,000. For the first quarter, job growth totaled 1.685 million, an average of nearly 562,000."

Glad to see that January's and February's total jobs were revised up.
more bad news for the deplorables and other conservatives.

You never had a job. That's why you're living off Social Security.

Poor man. You must have wet your Depends when you heard this positive, great-for-America news this morning.

So says the poster who immediately plopped in the same polling turds. :poop:

Be kind to him. He HATES good economic news. He roots for America to fail.

Maybe Trump will send him a fresh pair of his dirty tighty whities to chew on. He needs them.

The interesting thing here is your OP did not mention Biden, yet now the only thing he talks about is Biden. He did the same with my post where I provided some of the highlights as well as areas that still need improvement and somehow I'm defending Biden. The lesson is partisans only see the world through that lens, so it's hard to talk about anything without it having to belong to a very narrow set of columns.

So, where did anyone post anything about any ideologies in this thread?
I saw posters come in and cheer that America continues to grow. More jobs added, lower unemployment rates.
Then a few posters came in here to shit on that success.
No where did anyone post anything about ideologies, either conservative or liberal.

Retirees can get jobs.
I'm tired of having my tax dollars pay for these lazy government teet suckers to sit around and do nothing but complain.
Your cheerleading says it all

What do you attribute these job gains to?

Success is in the eye of the beholder and if you truly looked at success you would look at your own individual situation during the Trump economy 2017 thru February 2020. You would understand that it is the private sector that matters in this country and reopening of economies due to pandemic lifting regulations that are leading to the job creation. Biden policies continue to hurt the American people doing nothing to promote or provide incentive to the private sectors.

Awesome retirees could get jobs taking them from those entering the work force?

How do your tax dollars pay for retirees? Do you have a clue what funds SS and Medicare? Are you contributing to SS and Medicare now?

Success is in the eye of the beholder and if you truly looked at success you would look at your own individual situation during the Trump economy 2017 thru February 2020. You would understand that it is the private sector that matters in this country and reopening of economies due to pandemic lifting regulations that are leading to the job creation. Biden policies continue to hurt the American people doing nothing to promote or provide incentive to the private sectors.

How do your tax dollars pay for retirees? Do you have a clue what funds SS and Medicare? Are you contributing to SS and Medicare now?
Trump was president all the way to Jan 2021. You don’t get to subtract their bad years. Trump left office with the worst economic record of any modern US President going back to hoover, with NEGATIVE job creation lol

Also, what does trump have to do with March’s stellar job report and the upward revision of February?

I don't give two shits about polls.
Inflation has been world wide. Why are you blaming inflation on liberals when the issue expands beyond our boundaries? Are you blaming rising inflation in England, Germany, and other countries on liberals?
I’ve tried to discuss the global inflation before with @Conservative but he doesn’t really understand economics. There’s a Democrat in the White House so the sky is falling. That’s as much of an insight as you’re going to get from him.

Nearly back to pre-pandemic levels.
fredgraph.png
In @Conservative speak, we are 408k shy:
fredgraph.png

It's always both entertaining and refreshing when someone cherry picks a data point purely on the basis of partisanship and that data point walks on stage like Will Smith.

In @Conservative speak, we are 408k shy:
fredgraph.png

It's always both entertaining and refreshing when someone cherry picks a data point purely on the basis of partisanship and that data point walks on stage like Will Smith.
This is why the response to this news is met with railroading the discussion with a shift to inflation.

This is why the response to this news is met with railroading the discussion with a shift to inflation.
No more pre-pandemic employment talk. That trash narrative has been abandoned the way a Russian soldier would walk away from their tank.

I posted and commented on jobs.

"Seems like US fell a bit short of what was hoped. Anything positive in job growth is always a good thing, especially with rising inflation and consumer pricing."

Where is that "cheerleading?" Or is it that I was celebrating continued American success that you hate?

Probably the easing of restrictions due to the pandemic. Most if not all states are easing restrictions. People are out and about.

Trump was president until Jan 20, 2021.

There are 11 million openings. I'm sure we get a couple million retirees out and about filling these jobs, our economy would be roaring.

I fund your retirement with my taxes and my SS and my Medicare. I'm still working. Working as you sit on your keister and complain that America is continuing to succeed.

It is good that the open jobs are being filled.

The open jobs have hovered around 11 million for several months.

If the rewards for not working had been curtailed and eliminated sooner, the job gains would have occurred sooner as well.
They were eliminated in September.

And months later y’all were still blaming it on money nobody was getting anymore because your media only told you part of the story.

It left out the millions of new small businesses started and those who got tech education during the pandemic and have contractor positions that don’t count as employed. And those from two income households where one stayed home with the kids and after adapting they decided to keep it that way.

That’s millions of people. But that reality dilutes you spoon fed narratives so you are unable to consider them.

Back
Top Bottom