• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Economics is the real blue tsunami

A tRump supporter is trying to lecture me on facts. :lol:

Notice how you never put the same standard on yourself to back up this ridiculous claim:

No facts to back that up.
Have you LOOKED at the Dow Jones in the last week or two?

There's a long-term blue tsunami out there, and it's much more powerful than any voter sentiment. It's simple economics.

Liberals and Democrats are moving to red states in record numbers, and, unlike what the partisan hacks say, it isn't because the blue states are stagnating. It's actually because the blue states are booming like crazy.

States like New York and California have the most "popular" jobs, and plenty of people still consider them to be "dream states" to live in. Of course, that means that competition for these jobs is brutal, and competition for housing is even worse. That's the reason you can spend upwards of $50,000 per year for a semi-reasonable apartment.

Imagine $50,000. Just sitting there. Or in your bank account. Do you really want that going to your RENT?

What's more, a lot of blue state businesses have created "remote work" or "telecommuting" positions. Even if you have one of those jobs, and need to fly back to the home office for the big meetings, you're still saving all that money, so the plane tickets aren't a problem.

So obviously, these blue state migrants are enjoying a lower cost of living, lower regional income and property taxes, and even a paycheck from a blue state: which means they get to live rich.

And guess who all these new arrivals are going to vote for? That's your blue tsunami.
SO, everyone leaving blue states are doing so because things are "so great" there?

eyes crossed puppet.jpg

I can't help but notice the lack of a single link while arguing against all logic. You bring the wild claims that you did in OP and you should at least make some effort to back them up.

I can't help but think of you as similar to the stereotypical rebel teen who loudly and proudly claims he's rebelling. . . but as soon as someone asks him "What are you rebelling against?" he has no answer at all.

Good point. November 2018 has been a bad month for the DJIA.

https://www.usatoday.com/money/lookup/index/I:DJI/
Your silly little one-week chart means squat. It's less than 10% away from its all-time high and about 35-40% higher than the number cited on your "look how good Obama done" pretty picture. Every find that year Obama had 3.5% GDP growth. Oh, BTW Trump's unemployment is 3.7% just a tad lower than your Obama pretty picture's 5.8% So if you maintain Obama did a great job, Trump must be doing a fantastic one.

Last edited:
I can't help but think of you as similar to the stereotypical rebel teen who loudly and proudly claims he's rebelling. . . but as soon as someone asks him "What are you rebelling against?" he has no answer at all.

That's pretty cute and all. I'm so glad you dreamed up a completely irrelevant simile instead of wasting your time addressing the actual question. I would hate to make you have to actually back up anything you say at all.

That's pretty cute and all. I'm so glad you dreamed up a completely irrelevant simile instead of wasting your time addressing the actual question. I would hate to make you have to actually back up anything you say at all.

There was no "actual question," Mr. Revisionist.

But hey, if you're disputing something I claimed, why don't we start by you telling me what it is?

If you're not disputing any of my points, why are you interested in sources? (There are quite a few, by the way.)
Why are you so defensive? You made assertions, I asked for validation of those assertions. If you aren’t prepared to back up assertions, don’t make any.

There was no "actual question," Mr. Revisionist.

But hey, if you're disputing something I claimed, why don't we start by you telling me what it is?

As with others here, I commented on the complete lack of logic, information, or links to back up your claims that the blue states are doing so well economically that everyone is running from them. We get that you are more interested in snarky commentary than addressing those points, but you seem to actually believe this insanity.

Let's start with this. Present any links showing blue state economies are doing better. Or any links that people are running to blue states. Maybe present any information at all to back it up.

You are welcome to make your adorable little comments about me. I don't mind those coming from folks like yourself. So far, though, all you have done is deflect. You made grandiose claims in your OP and then asked other people to prove you wrong rather than present a single piece of evidence. You made the assertion. Guess who's job it is to back up that claim.

Why are you so defensive? You made assertions, I asked for validation of those assertions. If you aren’t prepared to back up assertions, don’t make any.

You don't get to say that my assertions aren't valid without presenting so much as an argument.

If you want to look for sources, be my guest.

As with others here, I commented on the complete lack of logic, information, or links to back up your claims that the blue states are doing so well economically that everyone is running from them. We get that you are more interested in snarky commentary than addressing those points, but you seem to actually believe this insanity.

So once again, the rebel without a clue has nothing with which to dispute the OP.

Let's start with this. Present any links showing blue state economies are doing better.
Okay, here's one:

The American Human Development Index (AHDI) allows for a state-by-state assessment of critical factors like income, education, and health. When we calculated the average AHDI for the red states — those won by Donald Trump — it was much lower than the average AHDI for blue states. In fact, by way of international comparisons, the blue states won by Hillary Clinton have a human development index similar to the Netherlands, while the red states have an AHDI that resembles Russia’s.
Source

Or any links that people are running to blue states.
Seriously? All you have to do is look at population trends over the past few decades and see who has the biggest percentage in growth. You claim to be so very brilliant. I'm sure you can figure out how to do that.

You are welcome to make your adorable little comments about me. I don't mind those coming from folks like yourself.
As are you; the feeling is mutual.

So once again, the rebel without a clue has nothing with which to dispute the OP.

Okay, here's one:

Source

Seriously? All you have to do is look at population trends over the past few decades and see who has the biggest percentage in growth. You claim to be so very brilliant. I'm sure you can figure out how to do that.

As are you; the feeling is mutual.

I'm relieved to learn that you can understand at least basic English. It's a HUGE step in the right direction. Of course, I do wish it went far enough to read your own links, but we have to be reasonable in the steps we take with someone who demonstrates the special needs you do. I'm hugely relieved to finally find on page 4 of this thread that you understand what a link or a source is. I hold out some faint hope you can also find the meaning of basis, understanding, or discerning and future links might have some merit.

Let's start here. Do you know why a blog from a financial institution might be a flawed breakdown of a social "science" bit piece that gives no state-by-state breakdown? Can you see how your links don't actually reference your claims in the OP? Your answers will help us learn if your problem is just sequitur logic or deeper than that.

I do still find it cute that you think the onus is on those laughing at your lack of information to prove you wrong when absolutely no evidence has been presented to prove your wild assertions correct. That child-like confusion is endearing and you should only let it go when you have been educated beyond elementary levels.

Let me give you a clue to some basics. Look for a single paper, clear article, or even semi-intelligent publication that actually backs up your whole point and is not a blog. Try reading replies before you respond, such as finding where I claimed my brilliance. Consider that logic needs to follow from one step to another organically and make sense as a whole. Just these basic points will get you miles ahead of your current posts.

Good luck! I have faith that you can manage these basics! You did get online somehow.

There's a long-term blue tsunami out there, and it's much more powerful than any voter sentiment. It's simple economics.

Liberals and Democrats are moving to red states in record numbers, and, unlike what the partisan hacks say, it isn't because the blue states are stagnating. It's actually because the blue states are booming like crazy.

States like New York and California have the most "popular" jobs, and plenty of people still consider them to be "dream states" to live in. Of course, that means that competition for these jobs is brutal, and competition for housing is even worse. That's the reason you can spend upwards of $50,000 per year for a semi-reasonable apartment.

Imagine $50,000. Just sitting there. Or in your bank account. Do you really want that going to your RENT?

What's more, a lot of blue state businesses have created "remote work" or "telecommuting" positions. Even if you have one of those jobs, and need to fly back to the home office for the big meetings, you're still saving all that money, so the plane tickets aren't a problem.

So obviously, these blue state migrants are enjoying a lower cost of living, lower regional income and property taxes, and even a paycheck from a blue state: which means they get to live rich.

And guess who all these new arrivals are going to vote for? That's your blue tsunami.

People are leaving democratic areas like California because of its increased costs of living, which was born of high taxation and mismanagement of tax payer funds, and high amounts of regulations, and can't find a job that pays well enough to afford such a place. They are moving to republican lead areas such as Texas because of its low taxes and cheaper costs of living. Where business are booming, job that pay well are easy to get and how far that money stretches goes a lot further.
So this notion that blue states like California are doing so well that they must leave is a farce.

You don't get to say that my assertions aren't valid .....
Sure I do, but I didn’t. I’ve only asked you to provide some basis to validate your claims. Which you haven’t. If I had called BS on you I would have included my reasoning and supporting evidence/facts. You made assertions as if they were facts. Where’s your supporting evidence/facts?

I'm relieved to learn that you can understand at least basic English. It's a HUGE step in the right direction. Of course, I do wish it went far enough to read your own links, but we have to be reasonable in the steps we take with someone who demonstrates the special needs you do. I'm hugely relieved to finally find on page 4 of this thread that you understand what a link or a source is. I hold out some faint hope you can also find the meaning of basis, understanding, or discerning and future links might have some merit.

Let's start here. Do you know why a blog from a financial institution might be a flawed breakdown of a social "science" bit piece that gives no state-by-state breakdown? Can you see how your links don't actually reference your claims in the OP? Your answers will help us learn if your problem is just sequitur logic or deeper than that.

I do still find it cute that you think the onus is on those laughing at your lack of information to prove you wrong when absolutely no evidence has been presented to prove your wild assertions correct. That child-like confusion is endearing and you should only let it go when you have been educated beyond elementary levels.

Let me give you a clue to some basics. Look for a single paper, clear article, or even semi-intelligent publication that actually backs up your whole point and is not a blog. Try reading replies before you respond, such as finding where I claimed my brilliance. Consider that logic needs to follow from one step to another organically and make sense as a whole. Just these basic points will get you miles ahead of your current posts.

Good luck! I have faith that you can manage these basics! You did get online somehow.

Goalpost moving! How thoroughly adorable! I could just eat you up.

Although I'm relieved that you at long last requested something specific, I guess it's beyond you to make any kind of counterargument, or even an intelligent attack on the source. So instead, you ask for a different kind of evidence, for no reason other than what was presented doesn't agree with your ridiculous worldview.

However, I'll give you points for having admitted to your lack of brilliance.

People are leaving democratic areas like California because of its increased costs of living, which was born of high taxation and mismanagement of tax payer funds, and high amounts of regulations, and can't find a job that pays well enough to afford such a place. They are moving to republican lead areas such as Texas because of its low taxes and cheaper costs of living. Where business are booming, job that pay well are easy to get and how far that money stretches goes a lot further.
So this notion that blue states like California are doing so well that they must leave is a farce.

Increased cost of living is due to "high taxation and mismanagement of funds"? :lol

When did you stop paying attention to supply and demand?

Sure I do, but I didn’t. I’ve only asked you to provide some basis to validate your claims. Which you haven’t. If I had called BS on you I would have included my reasoning and supporting evidence/facts. You made assertions as if they were facts. Where’s your supporting evidence/facts?

Okay, now I see your problem: you don't know what a "fact" is.

Here, I'll spoon feed you just this once.

Facts can be either proved OR disproved. Opinions cannot be.

"Assertions" can be either facts or opinions. Since everything in the OP can in theory be proved or disproved, I was not asserting any opinion. So, as I said, you're welcome to disprove any fact in the OP that you can.

Goalpost moving! How thoroughly adorable! I could just eat you up.

Although I'm relieved that you at long last requested something specific, I guess it's beyond you to make any kind of counterargument, or even an intelligent attack on the source. So instead, you ask for a different kind of evidence, for no reason other than what was presented doesn't agree with your ridiculous worldview.

However, I'll give you points for having admitted to your lack of brilliance.

So, you are basically displaying that you are completely divorced from reality. No worries, it was readily apparent from the OP. I just like to try and encourage people who try. You remind me of those I donate to in the Special Olympics and it makes me want to cheer for you. I think if you keep trying and really put your heart in it, you can manage a coherent post. Try just getting to 1. You'll be amazed how accomplished you feel.

I don't want you to stress yourself out, though. No one has moved any goal posts. The goal has been the same from the beginning. If you really concentrate your efforts, you can manage to support any part of your original claims. We have kept it a little broad for you because we don't want the gears you are grinding to break from the strain. Just find any support at all.

You have given another demonstration of your inability here, though. It helps if you make some effort to cover your inadequacies. I corrected you for saying I claimed to be brilliant. I did not deny brilliance. Learning this difference will help you in the basic goals you are working on.

Once again, I wish you luck. We are all hoping you can overcome your genetic disadvantages and support your claims.

Okay, now I see your problem: you don't know what a "fact" is.
The only problem is your failure/inability to back up your assertion.

Facts can be either proved OR disproved. Opinions cannot be.
Wrong. You got it bass ackwards. Apparently your tutor has failed you again. Opinions can be proven or disproven. Facts, by definition, are truths and can only be proven. You should tell your Mommy and Daddy to ask for a refund.

As for your original incredulous (being kind) claim, never mind trying to back it up. I’ve read enough of your twaddle now to be assured you don’t know what you’re talking about and that you’re a dishonest poster.

Last edited:
Increased cost of living is due to "high taxation and mismanagement of funds"? :lol

Taxes are passed on to the consumer, increasing the costs of goods and services.
Democrats always increase regulations which increase operating costs to businesses which increase the costs of the goods and services to the consumer.
Regulations also suppress competition of businesses restricting the supply side of the equation. Business competition puts a downward pressure on their prices, so the result is increase costs to the consumer.

Did you skip economics classes?

I almost forgot. States like California have income taxes while states like Texas do not. A consumer has a lot more money to spend when the government doesn't take a percentage of your earnings. For example making 80K in Texas where cost of living for example is 10K less per year California, compared to making 100K in California where the government takes 10K out of your pocket and the 10K increase in cost of living the Two people will have the same living standards. My numbers here are plucked out of thin air just to show my point.

So, you are basically displaying that you are completely divorced from reality. No worries, it was readily apparent from the OP. I just like to try and encourage people who try. You remind me of those I donate to in the Special Olympics and it makes me want to cheer for you. I think if you keep trying and really put your heart in it, you can manage a coherent post. Try just getting to 1. You'll be amazed how accomplished you feel.

I don't want you to stress yourself out, though. No one has moved any goal posts. The goal has been the same from the beginning. If you really concentrate your efforts, you can manage to support any part of your original claims. We have kept it a little broad for you because we don't want the gears you are grinding to break from the strain. Just find any support at all.

You have given another demonstration of your inability here, though. It helps if you make some effort to cover your inadequacies. I corrected you for saying I claimed to be brilliant. I did not deny brilliance. Learning this difference will help you in the basic goals you are working on.

Once again, I wish you luck. We are all hoping you can overcome your genetic disadvantages and support your claims.

So you are basically displaying that you have no desire at all for actual debate, preferring instead to take pot shots and pretending that no evidence will ever be good enough, while refusing to provide any of your own.

No worries; I'll leave you at the kiddie table with the other alternative-fact people on this thread. Let me know if you ever become serious about a discussion.

Taxes are passed on to the consumer, increasing the costs of goods and services.
Democrats always increase regulations which increase operating costs to businesses which increase the costs of the goods and services to the consumer.
Regulations also suppress competition of businesses restricting the supply side of the equation. Business competition puts a downward pressure on their prices, so the result is increase costs to the consumer.

Did you skip economics classes?

You obviously did, because you're pretending above that supply and demand doesn't exist.

Back
Top Bottom