• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Economic slavery

UtahBill said:
Part of the problem here is unrealistic expectations of our youth. They don't know that all the things that mom and dad have took them 20 or more years to earn. They want to start off in life as young marrieds (or not married) with ALL the stuff that their elders have.
I am doing better than my parents, and my kids will do better than me, and the grandkids better yet. Part of that will be due to grandma and grandpa helping out, and guiding their efforts, and giving advice, and making sure they get a good education. The family should stay connected from generation to generation, and the older members should help the younger ones, or at least the younger ones who are doing their part. The lazy ones can make it on their own as best they can. That goes for my grandkids as well. I hope none of them have to discover that the hard way.

I think one thing families need to understand-and emphasis more-is on finachial strength and weaknesses, and encourage the know how of keeping your books straight and finances in order, and how important money actually is in the world.

Lets face it, the world is about the money, thats what you get to get things, thats a fact of life that many parents steer away from teaching their kids about.

128shot said:
Lets face it, the world is about the money

Unfortunatly....

It has been found that people who think about finances more, are more commonly depressed.

Comrade Brian said:
Unfortunatly....

It has been found that people who think about finances more, are more commonly depressed.
Then there should be a high suicide rate among economists!
We raised 2 parasitic appendages (aka children), paid for their college education, got them started well in life, and taught them the basics of financial well being. They learned from us, and by watching their friends, that credit card debt is the quickest way to fail financially, and if they go down that road, they go alone. We are able to help them out in emergencies, and will, as long as they are being responsible.
Earning the money is only half of personal economics, using it wisely is the other half.
If anything is economic slavery, it is debt incurred for frivolous living, and it is a yoke that we place on our own necks voluntarily.
Most of what happens to us in life is self inflicted, but when the bad stuff happens, some of us will deny it and look to blame others, or the system.
There is no future in the blame game.

While you talk about the racial descrimination, Unfair, why dont you also mention that it happens to everyone.

Ex.) Many US colleges are payed by foreign countries (one being Saudi Arabia) to hire muslims and middle easterners especially and give them priority. This is racial descrimination at its finest. Just because it doesnt involve the lower class doesnt change that.

Yes, however, it is difficult (for some whites too) to move up in society.

UtahBill said:
Most of what happens to us in life is self inflicted, but when the bad stuff happens, some of us will deny it and look to blame others, or the system.

N _ _ C P

Would anyone like to buy a vowel?

Calm2Chaos said:
Your still blaming everybody else for the problems....

Gimmie gimmie gimmie, gimmie something for nothing. Minimum wage is not designed to be lived off of. Your expected to move into a carrer which you will grow into and advance. Why would you expect minimum wage to be a career living wage. Thats why it's called "Minimum" it's the utmost lowest you can go. I worked for minimum wage when I was a kid. it was about 3.00 an hour. I didn't however continue to work for that. I looked learned and found better.

Good for you that you looked learned and found better, working class people are makign the toilet paper you wipe yourself with and youre nothing with out all those people who you acuse of saying 'gimme gimmee..."

America is nothing without working people. No government, no economy, no civilization. It isnt really called "gimme gimme gimme somethnig for nothing"
Its "let me get whats already mine cause I made it, show some respect !"

Back
Top Bottom