• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Economic Freedom: Most and Least Developed Countries

Viking11

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Most developed countries (IHDI above 0.800)

EconomicFreedom-MostDevelopedCountries.png

Least developed countries (IHDI below 0.300)

EconomicFreedom-LeastDevelopedCountries.png

The most developed countries have more economic freedom than the least developed countries in all categories expect 'Fiscal Freedom' and 'Government Spending', suggesting that high taxes and high government spending is good for society.

Correlation and causation aren't the same thing, Viking. I think it's more likely that more developed countries can simply afford to have larger governments than undeveloped ones, due to the citizens being more productive. Which could still be considered causation when you think about it, rendering the first sentence of my post absolutely pointless.

Forget the first and last sentences of that paragraph.

Most developed countries (IHDI above 0.800)

Least developed countries (IHDI below 0.300)

The most developed countries have more economic freedom than the least developed countries in all categories expect 'Fiscal Freedom' and 'Government Spending', suggesting that high taxes and high government spending is good for society.

Why do your posts always remind me of clickbait ads? Those never deliver what they promise either.

If the overwhelming majority of the nations in the graph end up "N/A" then that should tell you something.

Back
Top Bottom