• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

eating *****

Is eating cats and dogs wrong

• Cats, dogs, chickens, pigs, whatever YUM!

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Eating cats and dogs is wrong!

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
I realize we eat cows and lots of other species but cats and dogs just crosses a line to me, what about you?

"Part of the celebration includes La Festival Gastronomico del Gato, (The Gastronomic Festival of the Cat) a cat-eating feast commemorating the time when early settlers were forced to survive on cat meat, or so the story goes. Dozens of cats are bred specially for the feline feast, the BBC reports.
Featured dishes include spicy cat stew and grilled cat with native huacatay herbs, and the meat reportedly has a flavor similar to rabbit.

Cat-Eating Festival: Peru's 'Gastronomic Festival Of The Cat' Includes A Feline Menu

And here I thought this thread was about eating *****.

I was hoping to drop in and post a cheesy one-liner. Alas... the topic concerned felines.

At least cats don't give one cancer.

I realize we eat cows and lots of other species but cats and dogs just crosses a line to me, what about you?

"Part of the celebration includes La Festival Gastronomico del Gato, (The Gastronomic Festival of the Cat) a cat-eating feast commemorating the time when early settlers were forced to survive on cat meat, or so the story goes. Dozens of cats are bred specially for the feline feast, the BBC reports.
Featured dishes include spicy cat stew and grilled cat with native huacatay herbs, and the meat reportedly has a flavor similar to rabbit.

Cat-Eating Festival: Peru's 'Gastronomic Festival Of The Cat' Includes A Feline Menu

It's considered wrong in this country. They are domesticated family pets. Other countries? They're vermin or akin to livestock. To each their own.

I guess.

I'll avoid my notorious statement about eating my friends.

I'll skip dining on my feline and canine companions.....

You don't have to eat them for that to happen. They donate frequently and copiously.....

It's also not advisable to eat them while they're bleeding.

I think it has to do with emotional attackment to certain animal species. In our culture cats and dogs are pets and very dear to us. In other cultures animals like cows may be dear to them or even sacred from a spiritual standpoint. Some cultures or beliefs won't eat pigs while others may eat dogs.

Meat is meat, animal life is animal life. I love my dog and I miss my cat that passed away, unless I was starving I wouldn't eat dog or cat meat because I'm emotionally attached to those animal species. However, another culture or anyone that would eat cat or dog meat isn't wrong just like it isn't wrong for us to eat cows or things that to them are sacred.

However, if you literally eat a ***** you are a cannibal. If you eat out a ***** that is something different.

I think it has to do with emotional attackment to certain animal species. In our culture cats and dogs are pets and very dear to us. In other cultures animals like cows may be dear to them or even sacred from a spiritual standpoint. Some cultures or beliefs won't eat pigs while others may eat dogs.

Meat is meat, animal life is animal life. I love my dog and I miss my cat that passed away, unless I was starving I wouldn't eat dog or cat meat because I'm emotionally attached to those animal species. However, another culture or anyone that would eat cat or dog meat isn't wrong just like it isn't wrong for us to eat cows or things that to them are sacred.

However, if you literally eat a ***** you are a cannibal. If you eat out a ***** that is something different.

I nibble. What does that make me?

Back when there were few other options, it was not wrong. But today when food is plentiful, there is no need to kill off our closest animal friends, our pets.

If eating **** is acceptable, why not *****? ****ing double standards..

Some cats have it cumming.

But, seriously, I think it's a silly, arbitrary societal taboo that it's not ok to kill and eat animals that we commonly consider "pets" like dogs or cats. I grew up on a farm and as a kid many of our livestock were pets to me. In the end, they're still just as delicious. :mrgreen:

I could never eat *****. There would be too much hair stuck in my mouth.

This is why we have invented shaving and what a wonderful invention it is!

Also **** the OT, I want to talk about eating *****!

If food sources continue to become more scarce in the future then why not eat human meat? I mean the ones in the US dress out 200-300 pounds often for an adult human.

As long as it is not "long Pork", then to each his/her own.

One think I learned traveling the world, if it is good, it is good, never ask what it is.

If food sources continue to become more scarce in the future then why not eat human meat? I mean the ones in the US dress out 200-300 pounds often for an adult human.

The Donner party pretty much cured us of that.....

How about horses?

Back
Top Bottom