• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

eating *****

Is eating cats and dogs wrong

• Cats, dogs, chickens, pigs, whatever YUM!

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Eating cats and dogs is wrong!

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters
I realize we eat cows and lots of other species but cats and dogs just crosses a line to me, what about you?

"Part of the celebration includes La Festival Gastronomico del Gato, (The Gastronomic Festival of the Cat) a cat-eating feast commemorating the time when early settlers were forced to survive on cat meat, or so the story goes. Dozens of cats are bred specially for the feline feast, the BBC reports.
Featured dishes include spicy cat stew and grilled cat with native huacatay herbs, and the meat reportedly has a flavor similar to rabbit.

Cat-Eating Festival: Peru's 'Gastronomic Festival Of The Cat' Includes A Feline Menu

Pretty sure I ate dog in Korea. Not sure I would knowingly eat cat, though. They're chock full of parasites and other nasty ****.

Which are acceptable to eat?

xKE07.jpg

Brown_Leghorn_rooster_in_Australia.jpg

blue-footed-booby2.jpg

Donkey_1_arp_750px.jpg

If your hungry enough, any of them. Pretty much any land animal is edible, maybe it's not desirable to eat them, but they are edible. Always wash worms first and remember to remove the legs from your grasshoppers and crickets otherwise they may get caught in your throat.

goats are the cleanest animals

I could never eat *****. There would be too much hair stuck in my mouth.

There has been a trend towards ******s similar to this one in the last few decades:

Hairless-Cat2.jpg

All of the tastiness one would hope for without the hair issues :2razz:

Dogs and cats have been bred to be mans companion for thousands of generations and they have a trust of man built into their genes, Eating them betrays this trust and is wrong. If my dog and I were starving somewhere I'd cut off my lower leg and feed it to her before I would kill and eat my dog to survive. You know what though, my dog would not eat my leg if offered because that genetically built in trust works both ways. There is a bond between humans and certain animals that is a borderline sin to defy. I realize their are vicious dogs and wild cats and dogs but that is because man somewhere along the line broke the bond, we are the ones that have the intelligence thus the responsibility to safe guard certain animals we have bred to be our companions.

It's considered wrong in this country. They are domesticated family pets. Other countries? They're vermin or akin to livestock. To each their own.

I guess.
This is pretty close to my sentiment.

I don't like that some cultures eat dogs and cats, but it's their culture and I can live with it and won't think less of them for it. PROVIDED... it stays in their country. It is NOT part of our culture, and while I am all for being as accommodating to (legal) immigrants as is reasonably necessary, that doesn't mean we have to accept everything. They'll have to cease eating dogs and cats should they emigrate here. Immigration accommodation is a two-way street.

I realize we eat cows and lots of other species but cats and dogs just crosses a line to me, what about you?

"Part of the celebration includes La Festival Gastronomico del Gato, (The Gastronomic Festival of the Cat) a cat-eating feast commemorating the time when early settlers were forced to survive on cat meat, or so the story goes. Dozens of cats are bred specially for the feline feast, the BBC reports.
Featured dishes include spicy cat stew and grilled cat with native huacatay herbs, and the meat reportedly has a flavor similar to rabbit.

Cat-Eating Festival: Peru's 'Gastronomic Festival Of The Cat' Includes A Feline Menu

Cats and dogs obviously have a lot of character, and so more than any other animal, they often become our friends. I only like to eat my friends if they are alive and willing (and female). I would prefer that where I live, the eating of cats and dogs remain illegal, but do I really have the right to impose my view on someone who enjoys eating them? Probably not. We eat animals, but who am I to tell you which ones to eat? How many dogs or cats are killed in the shelters? Would it be better if someone at least ate them instead? These are all difficult questions that are all part of having dominion on earth.

I love burgers and steaks and chicken, but wouldn't care to be at the slaughterhouse when they are slaughtered. Feces and things that are not supposed to be for human consumption, all have naturally repulsive tastes and smells. So, the fact that burgers steaks and chicken taste and smell so darn good, is quite a convincing argument that they were put here for us to eat.

There are these taco stands on the streets of Tijuana. The tacos are addictive. The long running joke is that they are dog meat, etc., and we would always cringe at the thought. After years of hearing this rumour, I finally said "you know what? I love those tacos - if those tacos are dog meat, then I love dog meat!!"

Dogs and cats have been bred to be mans companion for thousands of generations and they have a trust of man built into their genes, Eating them betrays this trust and is wrong. If my dog and I were starving somewhere I'd cut off my lower leg and feed it to her before I would kill and eat my dog to survive. You know what though, my dog would not eat my leg if offered because that genetically built in trust works both ways. There is a bond between humans and certain animals that is a borderline sin to defy. I realize their are vicious dogs and wild cats and dogs but that is because man somewhere along the line broke the bond, we are the ones that have the intelligence thus the responsibility to safe guard certain animals we have bred to be our companions.

Cows are domesticated and trust farmers too. And then one day the farmer cuts their ****ing throat open. Stop fooling yourself into thinking there's a difference. There isn't.

Cows are domesticated and trust farmers too. And then one day the farmer cuts their ****ing throat open. Stop fooling yourself into thinking there's a difference. There isn't.

That's why they'll all become food if need be. :mrgreen:

It's considered wrong in this country. They are domesticated family pets. Other countries? They're vermin or akin to livestock. To each their own.

I guess.

Even China is stopping the dog meat trade. Their reason is because it makes them look "uncivilized". Now if only the Japanese would follow suit and stop eating dolphins and whales. That makes them look like barbarians to me. I can't believe the world doesn't call them on it.

Even China is stopping the dog meat trade. Their reason is because it makes them look "uncivilized". Now if only the Japanese would follow suit and stop eating dolphins and whales. That makes them look like barbarians to me. I can't believe the world doesn't call them on it.

What's the difference between eating whale and, say, snapper?

What's the difference between eating whale and, say, snapper?

Whales are endangered and have been persecuted enough. Dolphins may be smarter than we are. The Japanese can afford to eat without destroying species or torturing intelligent mammals.

This eating ***** brought me here

The title of the thread brought me here lol

If you do it right you can hear purring.

If you were hungry, you would eat whatever and wouldn't care whether some ass thought it made you look uncivilized or not. :roll:

If I'm starving to death, I'll eat a cat.

Most of the world does call them on it. They're just ignoring it.

In Hong Kong and I think some other Asian countries like Taiwan or Japan, we have criminalised the consumption of dogs and cats due to large influx of Chinese immigrants, which are obviously vicious dog cat eaters. I dont think you should have law this, in Europe or indeed America.

Back
Top Bottom