• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

eating *****

Is eating cats and dogs wrong

• Cats, dogs, chickens, pigs, whatever YUM!

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Eating cats and dogs is wrong!

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters
If food sources continue to become more scarce in the future then why not eat human meat? I mean the ones in the US dress out 200-300 pounds often for an adult human.
Soylent Green...
I hope our life on this planet NEVER comes to that.
To prevent , we must learn to respect....ect....

I don't see an issue with it. They are just animals i don't know what makes them not worthy of eating.

I am reminded of Dennis Leary and a comedy bit he did once. Regarding just this.

" Dennis Leary: My fluffy little dog.. He's so cute- There's the problem. We only want to save the cute animals, don't we? Yeah. Why don't we just have animal auditions. Line 'em up one by one and interview them individually.*
Dennis: What are you?
Otter: I'm an otter.
Dennis: And what do you do?
Otter: I swim around on my back and do cute little human things with my hands.
Dennis: You're free to go. And what are you?
Cow: I'm a cow.
Denis: Get in the ****ing truck, ok pal!
Cow: But I'm an animal.
Dennis: You're a baseball glove! Get on that truck!
Cow: I'm an animal, I have rights!
Dennis: (pointing at leather jacket) Yeah, here's yer ****ing cousin, get on the ****ing truck, pal!"

I'd never eat a dog, or cat, or a horse. But, it's not morally wrong or anything like that. However, if it's against the law where you are, one should expect to face the full consequences for their actions.

Also, that title.

It's considered wrong in this country. They are domesticated family pets. Other countries? They're vermin or akin to livestock. To each their own.

I guess.

Besides it's not all that tasty. There are so many other meat sources that are much tastier. Of course it is monumentally stupid in my book the resources that go into keeping pets in this country, but hey, to each their own.

Btw, hamsters are pretty good.

Generally speaking, it isn't a good idea to eat the meat of predators or scavengers, and dogs and cats do both. More chance of bacteria/etc... and typically the meat of a predator doesn't taste as good.

Not to mention the neighbors would be appalled.

It's considered wrong in this country. They are domesticated family pets. Other countries? They're vermin or akin to livestock. To each their own.

I guess.
Besides that point, which is valid, we also don't have a tendency to eat predatory animals, with the exception of fish, and in the south, alligator. I do have one "wild-man" friend who will eat mountain lion, but he's a rare exception.

Nice thread title sawyer.

Generally speaking, it isn't a good idea to eat the meat of predators or scavengers, and dogs and cats do both. More chance of bacteria/etc... and typically the meat of a predator doesn't taste as good.

Not to mention the neighbors would be appalled.

Next time you stuff bacon in your mouth, I'll tell you some things pigs are known to eat. :D

Besides that point, which is valid, we also don't have a tendency to eat predatory animals, with the exception of fish, and in the south, alligator. I do have one "wild-man" friend who will eat mountain lion, but he's a rare exception.

That's interesting. I hadn't thought about that, but you're right.

Next time you stuff bacon in your mouth, I'll tell you some things pigs are known to eat. :D
You know what the cool thing is about internal organs? It filters all that nasty **** so it doesnt get to the bloodstream and into the meat. As long as you arent eating pigs bowels...you are fine. And if you are...thats just nasty.

Disappointing. I really thought this was going to be a thread about Bills comments to Jennifer Flowers about Hillary.

We need to be harvesting and eating jellyfish.

I realize we eat cows and lots of other species but cats and dogs just crosses a line to me, what about you?

"Part of the celebration includes La Festival Gastronomico del Gato, (The Gastronomic Festival of the Cat) a cat-eating feast commemorating the time when early settlers were forced to survive on cat meat, or so the story goes. Dozens of cats are bred specially for the feline feast, the BBC reports.
Featured dishes include spicy cat stew and grilled cat with native huacatay herbs, and the meat reportedly has a flavor similar to rabbit.

Cat-Eating Festival: Peru's 'Gastronomic Festival Of The Cat' Includes A Feline Menu

I could never see myself eating a cat or dog, but if someone else wants to then I am not going to condemn them for it.

Mind if I ask why?

Something I saw on PBS. As we overfish the oceans, the jellyfish populations have exploded exponentially because there are so fewer fish to eat them. They are edible, abundant, cheap and apparently taste like carrots but so far only the Chinese eat them. Humans should introduce themselves as their predator and allow fish populations to recover some.

How is this thread not closed yet? lol

Chickens are just bastards, that's why.

Chickens and cows are animals.

Dogs and cats are animals.

Animals are food.

Try a list of what they won't eat, would be much shorter list since they will eat almost anything. At least they are not as bad as goats, hogs at least stick with plant and animal matter. However, hogs used for food production are limited in what they are allowed to eat. That is why they taste so much better than wild hog.

Back
Top Bottom