• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Eating too much red meat ages the body

wrong. I just pointed out how meat is poison.

Meat in and of itself is not poison. That is nothing more than hysterics. It is true that our mass meat farming is making it less nutritious and that overconsumption can lead to significant problems. But it's not poison. It just means we should follow more sustainable practices and seek balance in our diets.

All you have to do is supplement your diet with a suitable multivitamin and you wil get all the nutrients you need (like B-12, Iron, Vitamin A, etc.).

Plus, a vegetarian diet is far less expensive and usually contains FAR less saturated fat and cholesterol then a non-vegetarian diet - especially one that is relatively heavy with red meat. And it provides lots of fibre, something meats do not have and which is very good for colon health.

Imo, there is NOTHING you can get in red meat that you cannot get in fish and chicken and fruits/vegetables (if you don't want to go the whole vegetarian way).

Imo, red meat is totally unnecessary to a human's existence.

Additionally, my friend, meat takes up LOTS of calories/energy just to create it...something to consider as the population of the planet continues to grow.

Calories per acre for various foods

food-energy.png

Energy Required To Produce a Pound of Food : TreeHugger

I like red meat. That being said, it's 1-2 nights a week I make it. I try for 2-3 meatless nights and the rest fish/chicken. But some hamburger or steak will find its way in there.

but eating more vegetables and fruit doesn't. interesting isn't it?

https://authoritynutrition.com/top-5-reasons-why-vegan-diets-are-a-terrible-idea/
Vegans Are Deficient in Many Important Nutrients
There Are No Studies Showing That They’re Better Than Other Diets
Proponents of Vegan Diets Use Lies and Fear Mongering to Promote Their Cause
Vegan Diets May Work in The Short Term, For Other Reasons
There is NO Health Reason to Completely Avoid Animal Foods

also...

Negative Effects of Veganism | Healthy Eating | SF Gate
How Vegetarianism is Bad for You and the Environment
Strict Vegan Diets May Be Dangerous
The Negative Effects of Vegetarianism | LIVESTRONG.COM

there are always exceptions. people always think they will be the 100 year old who ate bacon every day and smoked. more denial. they don't think they will take after their father who died at 48 from clogged arteries or lung cancer

Like the exceptions that you post of vegan athletes??? It's fun watching you start to respond with the same kind of responses that people have beaten you over the head with...

Proper BBQ? No, there's no "too much" when it comes to proper BBQ.

I've got a couple of pork sirloins brining for mini hams. They went in the brine on Saturday and I'll cold smoke them for about 3 hours this Saturday, then crank up the heat to finish them off. Some will get thin sliced for sandwiches, some will get thick sliced for steaks, the rest will get diced up for smoked pepper jack risotto. I'll probably throw in some cheese when I cold smoke the hams and some B/S chicken thighs when I turn up the heat.

The opposing view.

Vegetarian and 'healthy' diets could be more harmful to the environment, researchers say
Eating lettuce is 'over three times worse' in greenhouse gas emissions than eating bacon

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/12/151214130727.htm

Yes and no.

It's only true because of the way veggies are grown (with chemical fertilizer in drought-prone areas, etc) . If we had a more rational argricultural system, veggies would be far less of a strain on the environment.

Woman trying to prove ‘vegans can do anything’ among four dead on Mount Everest

That’s how many feet in the air the peak of Mount Everest towers in Nepal, and over the world, in its gleaming white brilliance. Since the British first billed it as the highest point on Earth in 1856, that snow-capped tip, where almost no life can survive without mechanical assistance because of oxygen levels that are one-third those at sea level, sings a Siren’s song to some high achievers. In 1953, Sir Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing Norgay offered photographic evidence that proved the feat achievable. Achievable, yes, but maddeningly difficult. The quest to reach (and return from) it has cost more than 250 lives over the years. It’s such a herculean task that it’s become the linguistic stand-in for any difficult job — writing that novel or completing that marathon was “my own personal Everest,” some might say.

For Maria Strydom and her husband, Robert Gropel, climbing Everest while adhering to a strict vegan diet was their “own personal Everest.”

The 34-year-old Strydom, a lecturer at Monash Business School in Melbourne, Australia, had a message she wanted to share with the world: Veganism is not a handicap.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-more-missing-and-thirty-sick-or-frostbitten/

Apparently, this didn't work out too well.

Apparently, this didn't work out too well.

I just glanced through the article, perhaps I missed it.
Where in the article does it claim the vegan diet killed the woman?
Another guy, non vegan, also died of altitude sickness during the same climb. She was one of four. Interesting odds.
The article speaks of 200 others who died attempting the climb. I wonder what their diets consisted of?

Another guy, non vegan, also died of altitude sickness during the same climb. She was one of four. Interesting odds.
The article speaks of 200 others who died attempting the climb. I wonder what their diets consisted of?

i wonder if it's the same person who said you should eat meat because that's what mountain men did in the early 1800's?

Her point of climbing the mountain was to show a vegan could do it.

the 100 year old who runs marathons is vegan. to me that means more than the 22 year old football player who lives on mountain dew and burger king.

Exactly. She, a vegan, attempted to climb the mountain and died. She didn't climb the mountain and died because she was vegan. Big difference.

Exactly. She, a vegan, attempted to climb the mountain and died. She didn't climb the mountain and died because she was vegan. Big difference.

must have been the vegan air that killed her

How many vegans climbed? IIRC it was one.

How many vegans died?

Isn't that 100% of vegans attempting the climb dying?

(I know, I know.... Wonderful example of bad statistics)

Back
Top Bottom