• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Eating Habits

grip

Slow 🅖 Hand
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I want to lose 25 lbs, but struggle because I don't eat much. I have two meals a day on my new (permanent) diet, instead of the normal 3, and it's working this time because of my second meal. The first one is an average early dinner. The 2nd consists of a few ounces of berries and mixed nuts. For some reason, this combo really satiates my appetite.

I use blueberries mostly because of taste, availability, and nutrients, though strawberries, blackberries, or even grapes may work. Mix it up. Different nut and berry combos add a lil more variety of tastes and nutrients.

Also, I take one day off to pig out as a reward, which helps with the cravings. You'll find it doesn't cost much for one day of added calories, and that you can only eat so much with a shrinking tummy.

If you're more active and require another daily meal with more healthy calories, you could add a breakfast of toasted oats. See the article below...

>> BTW, I've lost 12 lbs in 8 days. Granted that the first 10 lbs are mostly water and waste. The next 13 lbs, I suspect will take longer. And I'm already less arthritic and sleeping better.

Baked oats: I'll have to check that out.

Alternate fasting.

One day you eat two single servings of oatmeal with a bit of milk and sugar. It will be like a half cup of oats.

The next day you eat as you normally do.

Then you alternate forever.

Alternate fasting.

One day you eat two single servings of oatmeal with a bit of milk and sugar. It will be like a half cup of oats.

The next day you eat as you normally do.

Then you alternate forever.

Good one. We need more alternative diet plans posted here. :)

I forgot an important element. I use whip cream on my berries to cut the sour effect. Only a few extra calories. :D

I want to lose 25 lbs, but struggle because I don't eat much. I have two meals a day on my new (permanent) diet, instead of the normal 3, and it's working this time because of my second meal. The first one is an average early dinner. The 2nd consists of a few ounces of berries and mixed nuts. For some reason, this combo really satiates my appetite.

I use blueberries mostly because of taste, availability, and nutrients, though strawberries, blackberries, or even grapes may work. Mix it up. Different nut and berry combos add a lil more variety of tastes and nutrients.

Also, I take one day off to pig out as a reward, which helps with the cravings. You'll find it doesn't cost much for one day of added calories, and that you can only eat so much with a shrinking tummy.

If you're more active and require another daily meal with more healthy calories, you could add a breakfast of toasted oats. See the article below...

>> BTW, I've lost 12 lbs in 8 days. Granted that the first 10 lbs are mostly water and waste. The next 13 lbs, I suspect will take longer. And I'm already less arthritic and sleeping better.

I never eat oatmeal because I can't stand the mushy texture, but baking it sounds really good! And berries and nuts are great. I've gained 3-4 lbs while being home the last year or so, but I'd like to lose 10. I've been trying to up the exercise, but its hard to make myself get out there and do it. So many excuses - the treadmill motor needs rebuilt. Its too cold/snowy. Too hot....

I don't eat all that much either, but its all the wrong stuff. Hate vegetables (unless raw, with dip), love carbs.

To necro an old thread with an update... well, I lost 20 lbs on the berries, nuts, and pomegranate juice diet. Though the nuts every day gave me a hemorrhoid the size of a pecan. Gone now, TG. I only eat them a few times a week, but added cranberry extract and resveratrol to my CoQ10, fish oil, and vitamin D routine.

But my blood work from the lab was sensational. My blood pressure, PSA, glucose, A1C, cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL, kidney, liver, and heart function were all that of a teenager. The doctor looked at me like I was a spook, and said, whatever the hell you're doing keep doing it!

To necro an old thread with an update... well, I lost 20 lbs on the berries, nuts, and pomegranate juice diet. Though the nuts every day gave me a hemorrhoid the size of a pecan. Gone now, TG. I only eat them a few times a week, but added cranberry extract and resveratrol to my CoQ10, fish oil, and vitamin D routine.

But my blood work from the lab was sensational. My blood pressure, PSA, glucose, A1C, cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL, kidney, liver, and heart function were all that of a teenager. The doctor looked at me like I was a spook, and said, whatever the hell you're doing keep doing it!
I eat a fry up every day for breakfast ( probably approaching 30 eggs a week) , tuna, cheese or ham sandwiches or porridge for lunch and whatever I like in the evening. I usually drink a few pints of beer a day too. I could probably do with losing a stone in weight if I were overly concerned with getting a six pack.

For me it’s always been about getting half an hours exercise ( normally body weight exercises now) most days ( been doing this for 40 years) and having a fairly physical job. I‘d say I’m fit and strong for my age. My mother in law once told me something very true...the secret of health is to keep moving...and that’s why I’m not a blob lol.🤣😂

I eat a fry up every day for breakfast ( probably approaching 30 eggs a week) , tuna, cheese or ham sandwiches or porridge for lunch and whatever I like in the evening. I usually drink a few pints of beer a day too. I could probably do with losing a stone in weight if I were overly concerned with getting a six pack.

For me it’s always been about getting half an hours exercise ( normally body weight exercises now) most days ( been doing this for 40 years) and having a fairly physical job. I‘d say I’m fit and strong for my age. My mother in law once told me something very true...the secret of health is to keep moving...and that’s why I’m not a blob lol.🤣😂

I love eggs and eat them almost every day. I like beer also but have to abstain due to other issues.
My mom was always busy with chores and believed the key to longevity was variety and moderation in all things.
I thought my parents and all adults were stiff dufuses as a kid. How little did I know. ;)

I love eggs and eat them almost every day. I like beer also but have to abstain due to other issues.
My mom was always busy with chores and believed the key to longevity was variety and moderation in all things.
I thought my parents and all adults were stiff dufuses as a kid. How little did I know. ;)
It’s said that Mark Twain left home when he was seventeen and returned when he was twenty-one; he remarked that in that four years, he was surprised at how much his parents had learned.......

EDIT: I was a little off:

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have theold man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

Yeah....i have a habit of eating.

There’s not a lot of fun in moderation though...🤣😂😇

Back
Top Bottom