• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Eating Challenges

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
In the spirit of healthy eating I present:

So the question is ... has anyone here ever done an eating challenge? :2razz:

Hell no. It doesn't sound like the least bit of fun to me. I do find watching them fascinating, though, especially since some of the most successful "competitive eaters" in the world of often small. What of the best is a tiny Asian woman. I can't wrap my mind around how that is possible.

Hell no. It doesn't sound like the least bit of fun to me. I do find watching them fascinating, though, especially since some of the most successful "competitive eaters" in the world of often small. What of the best is a tiny Asian woman. I can't wrap my mind around how that is possible.

Oh you mean this one?

Heck she even puts mayo on her noodles! LOL

No, I have not. I have had 2 lb steaks on occasion, and greatly enjoyed them, but eating to me is a pleasure, not a competition.

As a side note, I find hot dog eating contests absolutely disgusting to watch. After having seen a couple, I refuse to watch them now. They actually make me nauseous.

I find no virtue in Gluttony!
But that has not stopped me from looking!:mrgreen:

No.

And in fact, while I used to love stuffing myself to bursting as a kid growing up, I now cannot stand the sensation of being overly full. I'm not entirely sure I even like feeling full any more.

I feel tired and sometimes even a tad light-headed/anxious if I eat way too much. Not pleasant.

0765cf6d75dd6dca9314a74d8bc884d916118112d8e29fffdfe2a00de022088b.jpg

I'd tell you to mind your own business and that we're all going to die of something.

Yup, exactly. Not everybody gets diabetes anyway.

Yup, exactly. Not everybody gets diabetes anyway.

Nope, not even when it gallops through your family, as it does mine.

When I was a young soldier stationed at Ft Hood Tx back in the 80's there was this steak restaurant that had a challenge to eat a big cut of steak.

I don't recall how big it was, but if you ate it all you didn't have to pay for the meal.

I won that one...does that count? ;)

When I was a young soldier stationed at Ft Hood Tx back in the 80's there was this steak restaurant that had a challenge to eat a big cut of steak.

I don't recall how big it was, but if you ate it all you didn't have to pay for the meal.

I won that one...does that count? ;)

It sure does!

About a decade ago I stumbled onto a burger place that had a 2 pound burger eating challenge. You had to eat it all within half an hour and get the meal free. I succeeded! :mrgreen:

It sure does!

About a decade ago I stumbled onto a burger place that had a 2 pound burger eating challenge. You had to eat it all within half an hour and get the meal free. I succeeded! :mrgreen:
How much would it have cost had you not succeeded?

It sure does!

Ugh. One time I made the mistake of ordering this place's double cheeseburger w/ bacon. The catch is that each patty was 10 ounces.

I wouldn't want to try a full two pounds. That thing had me waddling back home and then lying down for a few hours, feeling foolish.

Then I'd tell you about spelling.

It's from an old commercial for mail order medical supplies, that actor used to be on commercials talking about diabetes and he had some kind of Texan accent and pronounced it so it sounded like "diabeetus"

It's from an old commercial for mail order medical supplies, that actor used to be on commercials talking about diabetes and he had some kind of Texan accent and pronounced it so it sounded like "diabeetus"

Back
Top Bottom