• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Eat Like an Elite: Ford Palmer

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Ford Palmer, 24, set his mile PR, 3:56.79, in February. The New Jersey-New York Track Club runner started a vegan diet after his college physician told him he had high blood pressure for a 20-year-old. Palmer also credits the film "Forks Over Knives" with inspiring his choices.

Breakfast
I couldn't tell you the last time I didn't have oatmeal. While the oats are boiling, I chop up a banana. Then I add a scoop of chunky peanut butter, a squirt of honey (I am not a hardcore vegan), and some granola. Five-minute meal.

Lunch
I make a similar quinoa dish everyday unless I'm going out to lunch with my friends. I cook the quinoa with cumin, paprika, and chili pepper seasoning. While the quinoa is cooking, I sauté onion, garlic, carrots, sweet potato, spinach, black beans, a can of diced tomatoes, and peanuts in a pan. Once you learn how to cook quinoa correctly, it trumps all other grains. I normally have an apple or orange on the side.

To make quinoa correctly, you need to be patient. When the quinoa looks done, add more water. This will make the quinoa fluffy and perfect. Quinoa can be also be bland at times, so seasoning it can change your opinion. I enjoy spice, that's why I go with Mexican seasoning (chili pepper, cumin, paprika). If you don't like spice, cook the quinoa with basil or coat it with lemon juice when done.

Dinner
My dinners are all served in a bowl. I've developed a formula with my diet: grain + veggies + protein = vegan deliciousness. I cycle between pasta, rice, and quinoa for my grain. My veggies consist of what's on sale and what stores well. My protein is typically a type of bean unless I feel like mixing in some tofu.

Eat Like an Elite: Ford Palmer | Runner's World

Bacon!!!!!!!!!!

Ford Palmer, 24, set his mile PR, 3:56.79, in February. The New Jersey-New York Track Club runner started a vegan diet after his college physician told him he had high blood pressure for a 20-year-old. Palmer also credits the film "Forks Over Knives" with inspiring his choices.

Breakfast
I couldn't tell you the last time I didn't have oatmeal. While the oats are boiling, I chop up a banana. Then I add a scoop of chunky peanut butter, a squirt of honey (I am not a hardcore vegan), and some granola. Five-minute meal.

Lunch
I make a similar quinoa dish everyday unless I'm going out to lunch with my friends. I cook the quinoa with cumin, paprika, and chili pepper seasoning. While the quinoa is cooking, I sauté onion, garlic, carrots, sweet potato, spinach, black beans, a can of diced tomatoes, and peanuts in a pan. Once you learn how to cook quinoa correctly, it trumps all other grains. I normally have an apple or orange on the side.

To make quinoa correctly, you need to be patient. When the quinoa looks done, add more water. This will make the quinoa fluffy and perfect. Quinoa can be also be bland at times, so seasoning it can change your opinion. I enjoy spice, that's why I go with Mexican seasoning (chili pepper, cumin, paprika). If you don't like spice, cook the quinoa with basil or coat it with lemon juice when done.

Dinner
My dinners are all served in a bowl. I've developed a formula with my diet: grain + veggies + protein = vegan deliciousness. I cycle between pasta, rice, and quinoa for my grain. My veggies consist of what's on sale and what stores well. My protein is typically a type of bean unless I feel like mixing in some tofu.

Yea my Bpressure isn't high high but it has been on the high end of average. I was trying to lower it a bit about 6 mo ago. I did lower it but I lowered my good cholesterol at the same time.
I did have a nice salad Friday though, romaine, small tomatoes, small carrots and pea pods and some avocado slices with some Italian garlic and parmesan dressing. that's mostly how I lowered it before for a few months that's about all I ate.
I would mix it up with broccoli , cauliflower, carrots and peas and celery. I did sometimes put a little turkey on there but only if I was short on calories. sometimes a bigger avocado too if I was short.
I figured I was burning about 2k to 2.2k calories a day and eating maybe 1.4 to 1.5k a day. I did lose about 8lbs too in like 10 weeks.

That's a good point. let me think a minute.

Nope, I'm still eating bacon.

It's gotten to the point where I have to have bacon when I eat a burger now. I cant imagine a burger without bacon on it anymore.

It's gotten to the point where I have to have bacon when I eat a burger now. I cant imagine a burger without bacon on it anymore.

I can't imagine a burger without an egg on it.

And bacon.

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

IMO, all the report does is show that he doesn't have any real taste or interest in food.

no. bacon is not what healthy people or elite athletes eat. why did you post that?

I wonder if no football player eats bacon, lol.

I mean, I'm sure they don't eat just bacon, or eat bacon several times a week. But no bacon? I would be there are healthy people and elite athletes who do.

Regardless, I'm sure it's possible to be quite healthy on a vegan diet if one is careful with what they are eating and ensuring proper complete proteins. But that could be said about any style of diet. One can eat meat and be quite healthy too, they just need to be careful with what they are eating and the frequency of red meats and other food stuffs.

Bacon!!!!!!!!!!

Made some for the first time this weekend. Cold-smoked it. The first sample was WAY too salty. Fortunately, since I had cold-smoked the bacon, I could still soak it in clear water overnight to draw out some of the salt. Re-smoked the bacon the next day and it turned out pretty good. I'm not sure I'm sold on cold-smoking though. The bacon still has that 100% raw texture and I'll have to freeze it in order to slice it, but other than that, I thought that it was a pretty good first try.

no. bacon is not what healthy people or elite athletes eat. why did you post that?

Because it's true...
Why Runners Should Eat More Pork | Runner's World

Oh, plate of bacon, how you tempt me so
Megan J Parker
Megan J Parker
Aug 25, 2015
Ode to Bacon
Oh, plate of bacon, how you tempt me so
With your sizzle and your crunch I do crave
A gift from Gods wrapped in a tasty bow
There are no leftovers to even save

Why can't I feel myself grow full from you?
There are no others that can be as true
Your fame is unmatched by any before and it's easy to see with such allure

With every new bite, the tears grow stronger
This small plate won't last for that much longer
As the bacon leaves, I fear what's to come
The plate is bare, with not even a crumb

Oh, plate of bacon, I still need you so
With hope, I pray for more bacon to show

Bacon poems — Hello Poetry

Blablabla. Blablablablabla? Bla Blablabla. Blablablaaaaa ? BLABLA ! MEAT BAD VEG GOOD. Bla. Blablablabla, blabla bla blablabla bla? Blablabla blaaaaaa. Bla. Bla, Blablablabla bla blablablablabla. Blablablablabla, blabla & blablabla. Blablablabla NOTICE ME I'M VEGAN Blablabla ! Bla. Blablablabla, blablablaaaa... blabla. Blablablablablabla.

Blabla

blablabla, blablablabla & blablablabla blabla. Bla, blablabla bla blaaaa blabla. Blablablabla blablabla blablabla blabla + blabla + bla + blabla. Blablablabla I DON'T EAT MEAT Blablablablabla.
Blabla, blablablablablabla.

Blablabla

Blabla blabla bla blaaaaa. Bla Blablablablablabla blabla blabla : bla + bla + blablabla = blablabla. Blablablablabla. Blablablablablablablabla, blablabla.

www.blablablablablablablabla.com

That's basically what I read.

I can't imagine a burger without an egg on it.

And bacon.

..and ham and extra bacon and blue cheese and more bacon and another slice of cheese and some more bacon and then some onions sauted in beef lard and then some more bacon with a bacon infused bun.

..and ham and extra bacon and blue cheese and more bacon and another slice of cheese and some more bacon and then some onions sauted in beef lard and then some more bacon with a bacon infused bun.

your doctor and the medical industry love you.

why did you bother to post in this thread?

Because I'm trying to tell you that absolutely no one gives a rat's ass about all your countless pro-vegan threads. You're wasting your time, and I'm trying to help you.

Because I'm trying to tell you that absolutely no one gives a rat's ass about all your countless pro-vegan threads. You're wasting your time, and I'm trying to help you.

He is a very boring blogger.

you care so little that you're posting them. makes a lot of sense. :rolleyes:

*sigh* Can't you see your message isn't affecting anyone ? You're a laughinstock. If that makes you happy...

not true. a lot of people actually engage in the threads and like the posts. for some reason that bothers you and you can't just go find a post about meat to participate in.

A common phenomenon is when people start improving their diets or their health others will sabotage their efforts. Very common.

not true. a lot of people actually engage in the threads and like the posts. for some reason that bothers you and you can't just go find a post about meat to participate in.

A common phenomenon is when people start improving their diets or their health others will sabotage their efforts. Very common.

You & I have different notions of "a lot of people". But whatever floats your boat man :lol:

Back
Top Bottom