• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Easy Rider' actor Dennis Hopper dies

bhkad

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

(CNN) -- Dennis Hopper, the one-time Hollywood enfant terrible who portrayed such indelible characters as "Easy Rider's" biker Billy, "Blue Velvet's" huffing villain Frank Booth and "Hoosiers' " forlorn Shooter Flatch, died of prostate cancer Saturday morning at his home in Venice, California, his wife said. He was 74.
'Easy Rider' actor Dennis Hopper dies - CNN.com

Rest in Peace.

Crosscheck

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Dennis was the third if you count Art Linkletter and Gary Coleman.

hazlnut

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
RIP - a true original. And a Republican in Hollywood.

Hey, man, you don't talk to the Colonel. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "Do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you"... I mean I'm... no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man! I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas...

Ockham

Noblesse oblige
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
What a shame but we all have to go sometime. I hope to hell the wife or girlfriend or whatever the hell she was, will not be getting anything. I think he was in a huge battle with her over money. Hopefully he can rest in peace and she get's snubbed. From what I heard about it, he'd like that!

Best Dennis Hopper role? Easy Rider or was it Apocalypse Now - or something else maybe?

Last edited:

Hatuey

Rule of Two
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
He was the best part of Speed.

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

'Easy Rider' actor Dennis Hopper dies - CNN.com

Rest in Peace.

Well, I knew he was very ill with cancer, and apparently also dealing with a vindictive ex-wife who was keeping his children away from him.
That's very sad.
I think he was a good actor; I admire some of the film noir stuff he did in the 80s, some of the quirky characters he played, such as his characters in Blue Velvet and River's Edge.

Here's a good picture of the young Dennis Hopper.
Same eyes.

RIP, Dennis.

Last edited:

texmaster

Hippie Hater
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
RIP

anyone else remember My Science Project?

mike2810

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
While blasted by some critics , thought Dennis helped "Waterworld" be an ok movie. Still loved him Easy Rider.

Gina

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
While blasted by some critics , thought Dennis helped "Waterworld" be an ok movie. Still loved him Easy Rider.
He made that turkey watchable. In fact he was infinitely watchable. What ever the role, he always held the viewer's interest.

RIP Dennis

ADK_Forever

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I always enjoyed his characters. He brought a unique edge to them.

RIP Dennis :hm

mike2810

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
He made that turkey watchable. In fact he was infinitely watchable. What ever the role, he always held the viewer's interest.

RIP Dennis
I agree. I liked all the movies he was in.

LaMidRighter

Klattu Verata Nicto
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
At least he isn't suffering anymore. The last couple of pics of him showed a man in really bad shape. Our loss but he hopefully can be a peace now, one hell of an actor. R.I.P.

roguenuke

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
The only movie that I can think of with him in it, that hasn't already been mentioned, is Super Mario Brothers.

DeeJayH

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
yeah, uh, NO.
Waterworld is unwatchable, regardless of the amount of weed or acid taken
epic failure

RyrineaHaruno

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
:hm:hm:hm

Rest in peace Dennis Hopper

Oh by the way, I kind of like Water world actually, because he made the movie I think.

d0gbreath

Yellow Dog Democrat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Top Bottom