• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Eastern Religion (HINDU)

xuiq

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I am just curious does anyone here has any idea why many gods and goddesses have swasticas and SHIVA only has OM

xuiq said:
I am just curious does anyone here has any idea why many gods and goddesses have swasticas and SHIVA only has OM

The simple answer is this:

Over the Millenia (Thousands of years) emphasis on which god was the greatest changed.

The swastika is a rather universal symbol which is used in a general fashion in Hinduism.

However, Shiva (Third God of the Hindu Trinity) eventually became identified as the most powerful and therfore the Om/Aum sound and symbol (which symbolizes the three phases of life Begining, continuing, ending) therefore became associated with Shiva.

However it is important to always remember that in Hinduinsm there is really only ONE GOD which exists at the center of all living beings (atman).

It is this One God which is personified as many many Gods by the Hindu.

The three main manifestations of this God being:

Creation, Preservation and Death (Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva)

So in essence, it is merely a matter of emphasis on who they believe personifies Om/Aum the best.

There is no more significance to it than that.

Last edited:
There also goddesses, I don't know, I know for sure they don't have single GOD because you may be mixing it up with muslim ideals because there are many in india and pakistan.

xuiq said:
I know for sure they don't have single GOD because you may be mixing it up with muslim ideals because there are many in india and pakistan.

NO I AM NOT !

Listen very carefully to what I am saying to you.

In Hinduism there is ONE GOD with INFINITE manifestations.

Do you understand what I just said?

In Hinduism all of the "GODS" are really the "ONE GOD."

This same GOD is you and I and all living things.

THIS ONE GOD EXISTS AT THE CENTER OF ALL LIVING THINGS.

Is there anything about this that you do not understand?

I do not think I can be any more clear about it.

Lucidthots said:
NO I AM NOT !

Listen very carefully to what I am saying to you.

In Hinduism there is ONE GOD with INFINITE manifestations.

Do you understand what I just said?

In Hinduism all of the "GODS" are really the "ONE GOD."

This same GOD is you and I and all living things.

THIS ONE GOD EXISTS AT THE CENTER OF ALL LIVING THINGS.

Is there anything about this that you do not understand?

I do not think I can be any more clear about it.

happy you understand hinduisum. THe Bhraman represents the oneness of all in the universe. IN essence, Hinduism is monotheistic. However, the many gods and goddesses are representations of that power. The three main: Bhrama (without the n), Vishnu, and Shiva represent birth, continuity, and destruction in our universe, respectively. In that way, all Hindu gods represent some sort of idea (marriage, wealth, knowledge, etc.). However, when it comes down to attaining spiritual truth, the realization that there is only one is the defining point in hinduism.

nkgupta80 said:
happy you understand hinduisum. THe Bhraman represents the oneness of all in the universe. IN essence, Hinduism is monotheistic. However, the many gods and goddesses are representations of that power. The three main: Bhrama (without the n), Vishnu, and Shiva represent birth, continuity, and destruction in our universe, respectively. In that way, all Hindu gods represent some sort of idea (marriage, wealth, knowledge, etc.). However, when it comes down to attaining spiritual truth, the realization that there is only one is the defining point in hinduism.

BINGO!

Thank You for the acknowledgement.

I love Hinduism.

In my opinion some of the greatest religious lterature of all time is found in the Upanishads.

And it makes Christianity make so much more sense.

Lucidthots said:
BINGO!

Thank You for the acknowledgement.

I love Hinduism.

In my opinion some of the greatest religious lterature of all time is found in the Upanishads.

And it makes Christianity make so much more sense.

You can't go wrong with a religion whose primary principle is the search for truth.

You can go wrong in religion in many ways even hindu

xuiq said:

how can you go wrong with the the search for truth. I never said that your search for truth will necessarily lead you down the right path, but I don't understand how the search for truth itself can be bad.

By the way, the philosophical consequences of this principle is that a person of any religion and philosphy is considered a hindu, as long as he/she is in search of spiritual knowledge, and higher truth.

nkgupta80 said:
how can you go wrong with the the search for truth. I never said that your search for truth will necessarily lead you down the right path, but I don't understand how the search for truth itself can be bad.

By the way, the philosophical consequences of this principle is that a person of any religion and philosphy is considered a hindu, as long as he/she is in search of spiritual knowledge, and higher truth.

Hinduism is brilliant.

You are my brother!

Well looking for truth narrows ur vision of whats surround the truth.

For example when you look for your car keys, you miss greater details of objecting that you ignoring, thus will have harder time finding it or not at all.
When you clean your room you find your keys with ease and among other variaty of object you may have found missing.

Well looking for truth narrows ur vision of whats surround the truth.

For example when you look for your car keys, you miss greater details of objecting that you ignoring, thus will have harder time finding it or not at all.
When you clean your room you find your keys with ease and among other variaty of object you may have found missing.

so you are just criticizing the method of searching for the truth. By focusing on the search for the truth, you rae in essence making it harder. Thus to truly acheive higher truth is to not wallow in it.

What you say is a possibility. Nonetheless it can also be classified as one searching for the truth. Its kinda paradoxical. By not actively searching for higher knowledge, you are one step closer to it. Thus, it doesn't contradict hinduism. BTW That philosophy falls in line with taoism.

I believe that Judaism, Zoroastrianism, Christianity and Islam all have roots in the Vedic teachings concerning Brahma.

It is remarkable that in the Bible myth Genesis, the garden is in the East of Eden.

And the Old Testament Bible, consistently points to the East as the origin of pre-Abrhamic peoples. Specifically East of Shinar (Sumeria) according to the myth of the Tower of Babylon. (The people migrated from the East to Shinar which is in Mesopotamia)

Q: What is EAST of Shinar (Mesopotamia)?
A: I N D I A !

The mythological figure Abraham migrated from Ur, Mesopotamia to the Mediterranean having found GOD.

Was Abraham a Vedic Priest?

The Tree of Life (A Vedic metaphor for "Brahma") is according to the Old Testament is as well, in the East.

In the story of Christs birth, Zoroastrian Priests come from the East to herald the birth of the "King of the Jews."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom