• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

East Palestine ground water rainbow colored

anatta

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I thought that was like a chemical sheen - another Tweet says it's caused by bacteria

Responding to a question from Fox News in East Palestine about whether he would like for Regan to try the town's tapwater, Vance likened the scenario to the film "Erin Brockovich," in which a law office employee uncovers that a large energy company has been contaminating the water of a local town and challenges an employee of the company to drink the contaminated water if it's been deemed safe.

"You know, it reminds me of that scene in ‘Erin Brockovich’ where she puts the water in front of them and says, ‘If you think it’s clean, we brought this water from the community that was affected.' Look, I think that if the EPA administrator wants to stand here and tell people that the tap water is safe, by all means, they should be willing to drink it."

I thought that was like a chemical sheen - another Tweet says it's caused by bacteria

Joe doing anything yet? How about Dewine, anything? Let's get these people out and taken care of. Joe still has addressed the plight of the people in E Palestine.

Responding to a question from Fox News in East Palestine about whether he would like for Regan to try the town's tapwater, Vance likened the scenario to the film "Erin Brockovich," in which a law office employee uncovers that a large energy company has been contaminating the water of a local town and challenges an employee of the company to drink the contaminated water if it's been deemed safe.

"You know, it reminds me of that scene in ‘Erin Brockovich’ where she puts the water in front of them and says, ‘If you think it’s clean, we brought this water from the community that was affected.' Look, I think that if the EPA administrator wants to stand here and tell people that the tap water is safe, by all means, they should be willing to drink it."
Weren't the air and water test done by a private company paid by the railroad?

Weren't the air and water test done by a private company paid by the railroad?
yes. paid by the railroad. Apparently the EPA still says the water is safe to drink (the Vance challenge).
There is a woman interviewed who threw that rock in the water and she is a single mom with 2 kids and no car.
how is she supposed to get bottled water? can they even bathe in it?

the other problem is no attempt is being made to clean up the contaminated soil that will leech into ground water

Joe doing anything yet? How about Dewine, anything? Let's get these people out and taken care of. Joe still has addressed the plight of the people in E Palestine.
Why Joe?

The color of neoliberalism
Somebody needs to get some bottles from the creek and send to Joe, Dewine, Buttegieg, the railroad execs, EPA and anyone else who isn't doeing a thing to fix these peoples' lives.

Somebody needs to get some bottles from the creek and send to Joe, Dewine, Buttegieg, the railroad execs, EPA and anyone else who isn't doeing a thing to fix these peoples' lives.
This gonna drag out for years. Better get used to it

Look at that creek. Do you honestly think it was the source of town's water before the accident?

That creek isn’t groundwater.

I do think they should do everything they can. We had a similar accident in Tuscon this month but they seemed to have done a better job at containment.

The odd thing is, Republicans are also to blame for pulling safety regulations. Trump got rid of hundreds of safety regulations as president. Air, water, our food. They should "all" be "fixing" it, and making sure it doesn't happen in the future.

Priorities people!

That creek isn’t groundwater.

ya/ so what. it will leech into groundwater if they dont get the contaminated soil removed

burning the vinyl chloride released other carcinogens
When vinyl chloride burns, it releases hazardous chemicals such as phosgene and hydrogen chloride into the air

this railroad has been derailing at alarming frequency -what happened to the infrastructure money?
I guess it all went for green nonsense instead of actual infrastructure

this railroad has been derailing at alarming frequency -what happened to the infrastructure money?
I guess it all went for green nonsense instead of actual infrastructure
The NTSB's investigation is not yet complete, but early signs suggest that a faulty wheel bearing on one rail car may have caused the derailment, the board said.

Surveillance video from a home near the crash site recorded "what appears to be a wheel bearing in the final stage of overheat failure moments before the derailment,"

So DeWine has declared East Palestine as a disaster area which is the first step in getting the process rolling? Is that right?
Is it not a fact that Sherrod Brown urged DeWine in a letter to declare East Palestine officially as a disaster area?

What's the matter with the governor of Ohio?

That's the slowest moving "creek" I've ever seen. Looks more like a ditch after heavy rain.

I am as big a Mayor Pete apologist as you will meet, but the fact that another week has gone by without at least doing a much better job of communicating with the public is unacceptable.

There are many problems with the railroads, and whose fault that is has nothing to do with the government immediate responsibility to the people experiencing the disaster.

Back
Top Bottom