• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Earth just experienced its hottest September ever recorded

Absolutely. Because the Earth is more of an ellipsoid than a spheroid.
So when you say that the Earth is more of an ellipsoid than a spheroid, should that be debated endlessly otherwise it's a religion?

The "Causes and Effects" paper, released by the National Academy of Science and the Royal Academy address this 100,000-year cycle.

http://dels.nas.edu/resources/static-assets/exec-office-other/climate-change-QA.pdf

The last few of these natural cycles have recurred roughly every 100,000 years. They are mainly paced by slow changes
in Earth’s orbit which alter the way the Sun’s energy is distributed with latitude and by season on Earth.
These changes alone are not sufficient to cause the observed magnitude of change in temperature, nor to
act on the whole Earth.

Recent estimates of the increase in global average temperature since the end of the last ice age are 4 to 5
°C (7 to 9 °F). That change occurred over a period of about 7,000 years, starting 18,000 years ago. CO2
has risen by 40% in just the past 200 years, contributing to human alteration of the planet’s energy budget
that has so far warmed Earth by about 0.8 °C (1.4 °F). If the rise in CO2 continues unchecked, warming
of the same magnitude as the increase out of the ice age can be expected by the end of this century or
soon after. This speed of warming is more than ten times that at the end of an ice age, the fastest known
natural sustained change on a global scale.

So what's YOUR point?

Last month was 1.2 degrees Fahrenheit above the preindustrial level

:roll: What was the average temperature for Pitcairn Island in September, 1673?

The temperatures and sea level will continue to rise because we are at the end of an ice age. Sea levels are radically lower than typical over the last 50,000 and 50 million years. Nothing humans can do to stop the evolution of earth - although stupid people who listen to liars-for-profit believe being told they are each a god who can control earth. I guess that makes losers feel important while feeding manic depressives.

So what's YOUR point?

Your previous post implied that these processes are natural, and that there is nothing that can be done. As posted, the National Academy of Science stated ---

These changes alone are not sufficient to cause the observed magnitude of change in temperature, nor to
act on the whole Earth.

The temperatures and sea level will continue to rise because we are at the end of an ice age. Sea levels are radically lower than typical over the last 50,000 and 50 million years. Nothing humans can do to stop the evolution of earth - although stupid people who listen to liars-for-profit believe being told they are each a god who can control earth. I guess that makes losers feel important while feeding manic depressives.

Do you call the National Academy of Science and the Royal Academy "liars for profit". See post #13. Current rising temperatures are not normal, when compared with the earth's history.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Because the Earth is more of an ellipsoid than a spheroid. Earth has certainly achieved hydrostatic equilibrium, but due to its 1,000 mph rotation the planet is slightly flat at the poles and bulging slightly at the equator. That is the purpose of debate, to continually test theories to see if they continue to be valid. Debate is the difference between science and religion.

Do you realize your logic and facts went at least 1,000 miles over the indoctrinated types heads?

:roll:

Proxy data is not "made up." You just don't know what the term means, as so clearly displayed elsewhere in your post.

Most proxy data isn't well understood.

Hottest September on record, after many other record hot month this year.

Following the hottest summer on record, 2019 continues to head for the history books. Last month was officially the hottest September on record, just slightly hotter (.04 degrees Fahrenheit) than the previous record-holder, September 2016.

Last month was 1.02 degrees Fahrenheit warmer than the average September from 1981-2010 and about 1.2 degrees Fahrenheit above the preindustrial level, according to data released Friday by the Copernicus Climate Change Service, an organization that tracks global temperatures.

According to AFP, the organization is treating the two months as joint record-holders because the difference is negligible.

September follows a record-setting summer, which recorded the hottest June and July, and the second hottest August. This July was the hottest month on record since record-keeping began 140 years ago.

Climate Change: Earth just experienced its hottest September ever recorded - CBS News

There also 2014-2019 are set to become the warmest recorded five year period.

Five-year period ending 2019 set to be hottest on record

It was the single greatest September of my lifetime and it has continued 11 days into October. So let me be the first to thank all of those who have done their share to make this planet a warmer and better place.:applaud:applaud

It was the single greatest September of my lifetime and it has continued 11 days into October. So let me be the first to thank all of those who have done their share to make this planet a warmer and better place.:applaud:applaud

I always surmised that Libertarians upheld an all-about-me philosophy.

The National Academy of Sciences gets most of its funding from the US Federal Government, the executive branch of which is currently headed by one Donald J. Trump.

And of course, his central premise, that the Academy's scientific conclusions are driven exclusively by the almighty dollar, is nothing more than Conspiracy Theory, espousing that all these scientists, around the world, are living a lie.

Your previous post implied that these processes are natural, and that there is nothing that can be done. As posted, the National Academy of Science stated ---

act on the whole Earth.

No, my previous post implied that we don't know what natural is supposed to be. I'm sorry you didn't read it more carefully.

By you, certainly.

Ahhh. but I do understand the uncertainty of it. You fail over and over again, thinking a proxy smoothed by 600 years couldn't possible have spikes in it, not seen.

Ahhh. but I do understand the uncertainty of it. You fail over and over again, thinking a proxy smoothed by 600 years couldn't possible have spikes in it, not seen.

You do realise that the rate at which the temperature of the Earth can change is constrained by physics, don't you?

So what magnitude and duration of spiking in global temperature do you think is possible without an accompanying change in the composition of the atmosphere?

That's a good question! You don't hear it phrased from that perspective very often.

Back
Top Bottom