• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Earth Day 2016

Dibbler

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Happy Earth Day. Despite my issues with the 'Green Movement', I can appreciate earth day. Time to reflect on the gifts of nature halfway into spring here in the northern hemisphere. As a landscaper....back in the '90's, :doh I occasionally found it perplexing why my customers, who've spent decades of their lives laboring to have and maintain a nice home and a great yard, grow NOTHING edible on their properties. Not a fruit tree nor berry bush, nada. It is both the will of god and personally practical to grow something edible on your land if you are lucky enough to have some.

So, my advice to you typical homeowners, in honor of Earth Day, is to plant something that will bear fruit. Provide a few dinners off the yard. This will allow you to NOT have to run the the store,

hippy talk trigger warning...

and thus reduce your carbon footprint and there is no styrofoam packaging to dispose of. suggestion: Ever bearing raspberries... close to magical.

:peace

Happy Earth day everyone.

Happy Earth Day. Despite my issues with the 'Green Movement', I can appreciate earth day. Time to reflect on the gifts of nature halfway into spring here in the northern hemisphere. As a landscaper....back in the '90's, :doh I occasionally found it perplexing why my customers, who've spent decades of their lives laboring to have and maintain a nice home and a great yard, grow NOTHING edible on their properties. Not a fruit tree nor berry bush, nada. It is both the will of god and personally practical to grow something edible on your land if you are lucky enough to have some.

So, my advice to you typical homeowners, in honor of Earth Day, is to plant something that will bear fruit. Provide a few dinners off the yard. This will allow you to NOT have to run the the store,

hippy talk trigger warning...

and thus reduce your carbon footprint and there is no styrofoam packaging to dispose of. suggestion: Ever bearing raspberries... close to magical.

:peace

George Carlin brought up a point in one of his scripted rants. When the earth needed some oxygen, it gave rise to the photosynthetic organisms to make it.

The land turned green and the sky turned blue. Eventually, Humans turned up.

Carlin mused that perhaps the Earth has decided that it needs plastic. Who knows? Maybe the role of humans in the short history of the planet is very pointed and aimed ONLY at producing plastic and other non-biodegradable things.

In the great scheme of things, we can see only the point of the pin. Even in our blink-of-an-eye life spans, we can see only the days during which we are living. The way our brains work, there are various times in our lives that we can grasp only the exact moment we are currently living.

It could be that the Earth has discovered that we are not all that desirable. Carlin offers the idea that the earth might develop things that attack us. Turns out big things don't do the trick. Pack things don't do it either. Maybe tiny things like viruses will do it...

Every day is Earth Day. Man's Day is fleeting and the writing is on the wall.

Happy Earth Day.
FYI.
Earth Day was the 22, not the 23rd.
Your location says you are on the East Coast of the USA. Seemingly it was already over when you posted.

Last edited:
FYI.
Earth Day was the 22, not the 23rd.
Your location says you are on the East Coast of the USA. Seemingly it was already over when you posted.

Yes, I am a day late, but I thought I'd give a shout as nobody else did. Yesterday I was busy pouring concrete on a contaminated site in the Boston metro.

Yes, I am a day late, but I thought I'd give a shout as nobody else did. Yesterday I was busy pouring concrete on a contaminated site in the Boston metro.
Then ...

Belated Happy Earth Day!

(I have no idea if this is true or not, but it sure seems to be.)
earth-day-envorinmental-scares.jpg

Then ...

Belated Happy Earth Day!

(I have no idea if this is true or not, but it sure seems to be.)
earth-day-envorinmental-scares.jpg

Silent Spring didn't come true because we did something to prevent it. Think about that whenever you see a bald eagle or a peregrine falcon.

Widespread famine didn't come true due to the green revolution.

Humans do have a record of being able to prevent some disasters. Now, should that supervolcano in Yellowstone blow, we might just be toast.

170 some odd countries had dignitaries hop in their jets and travel from all over the world to NYC and the UN for a signing ceremony for the Paris Climate accord recently negotiated. Nothing like using Earth Day as a back drop for 170 plus wasted jet trips to sign a piece of paper that none of the countries is bound by law to follow and none of the countries will in any way come close to reaching their stated commitments. But hey, they all got a jazzy photo op at the UN with pen in hand to use to show their ignorant followers back home how earth friendly they are. I wonder if they also dropped off their slush fund cheques as well. so the cretins at the UN could start handing out bribes and payments to the dictators and war lords they intend to enrich first in their scheme to transfer wealth from first world nations.

Back
Top Bottom