• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Earnest can't say why WH won't be lit in blue to honor cops

Re: The White House refuses to light up blue to honor slain cops

Flying the flag at half mast happens for numerous reasons. I would think that if the White House can be lit in a rainbow in solidarity with the LGBT community for the SCOTUS ruling on SSM, the White House is lit in Pink for Breast Cancer awareness, it was lit in the colors of the French flag following terrorist attacks in France, and we know they have blue lights because in addition to the SCOTUS SSM ruling they lit up in blue for Autism Awareness, then surely it can be lit in blue by the highest ranking law enforcement officer in the nation, The President as laid out in Article II of the US Constitution, in solidarity with his fellow law enforcement officers.

What are his priorities? With whom does he show solidarity and with whom does he refuse to do so? Why would they not given the other times that they have?

Yup, I think lighting the WH with blue is actually a good idea under these circumstances.

By the way, the rainbow after the SCOTUS decision was a bit much, IMO. I agreed with the decision too, but lighting up the White House like a stick of Fruit Stripe gum? Seriously?

Yup, I think lighting the WH with blue is actually a good idea under these circumstances.

By the way, the rainbow after the SCOTUS decision was a bit much, IMO. I agreed with the decision too, but lighting up the White House like a stick of Fruit Stripe gum? Seriously?

Actually, I liked it. To me, it symbolized bringing all of us together as one - a rainbow nation. But hey, I'm weird that way. I also liked it when it was lit up in pink for Breast Cancer of what you know are obvious personal reasons and not just because I like boobies, which I do. Either we light it up for major national salient moments, like supporting police would be since they are being slain en masse, or e don't light it up for anything.

Actually, I liked it. To me, it symbolized bringing all of us together as one - a rainbow nation. But hey, I'm weird that way. I also liked it when it was lit up in pink for Breast Cancer of what you know are obvious personal reasons and not just because I like boobies, which I do. Either we light it up for major national salient moments, like supporting police would be since they are being slain en masse, or e don't light it up for anything.

I didn't like it because they don't tend to light up the WH to correspond with SCOTUS decisions. I don't think POTUS should be in the habit of picking favorites. As you said, celebrate (or mourn) everything, or nothing at all.

My opinion on the moronic Bergdahl comment is fact.

Source?

I didn't like it because they don't tend to light up the WH to correspond with SCOTUS decisions. I don't think POTUS should be in the habit of picking favorites. As you said, celebrate (or mourn) everything, or nothing at all.

Agreed.

That response is as dumb as the first post. Quit wasting your and my time.

It looks like you may be the one wasting your own time. Nobody made you read his posts.

Sure. Here is the moronic statement. The moronic prediction. Perhaps you can help with your source on the prediction itself.

"It will be at halfmast when Bergdhal dies too."

It looks like you may be the one wasting your own time. Nobody made you read his posts.

Correct. Reading a moron's post is a waste of time.

Correct. Reading a moron's post is a waste of time.

Tell me about it.

My opinion on the moronic Bergdahl comment is fact.

Yes, it's factually correct to label your opinion in that manner.

Earnest can't say why WH won't be lit in blue to honor cops | Washington Examiner

nor, at this point would anyone in their right might EXPECT YOU TOO, which is the saddest part of all. that is why this administration nauseates people in one simple headline. that is why we can't wait to see you go. that's why 75% of the country thinks we are going in the WRONG DIRECTION.

go....away......now

Perhaps this is a little to simplistic for big drama America, but why is this the decision of the President or the White House staff anyway. Here in Canada, we have what is known as the National Capital Commission which is a Crown Corporation that handles all matters related to the maintenance and appearance of federal government facilities in Ottawa and the surrounding area, including the Prime Minister's official residence as well as the residences of other government officials.

Put the decision making in the hands of an arms-length institution and take it out of the hands of politicians who act only in political ways.

If only they were homosexual police officers :( Then they'd likely light it up with a rainbow or something because then they can spin this as an attack against the LGBT community or something.

Poor Josh Earnest might be the only person in America who can't say why the White House won't be lit blue. Oh, he knows, of course, but he can't say why and keep his cushy if embarrassing job.

Earnest can't say why WH won't be lit in blue to honor cops | Washington Examiner

nor, at this point would anyone in their right might EXPECT YOU TOO, which is the saddest part of all. that is why this administration nauseates people in one simple headline. that is why we can't wait to see you go. that's why 75% of the country thinks we are going in the WRONG DIRECTION.

go....away......now

WTF? Obama lite up the White House for every other god damn thing! This isn't justifiable somehow? What an asshole.

How about we make this super simple: No lighting of the White House for anything.

Exactly, but we've now way past that already. Apparently it's 'lighting for the favored leftist ideological concerns of the administration' and little else. yeah, I was right. What a bunch of assholes.

So do sheriffs and deputies get blue, or another colour? What about sailors who die in service? Or any other armed forces? What colours would they have to be? There's already an established method for registering the state's mourning. To demand an alternative for one niche is just another specious attack.

How about we make this super simple: No lighting of the White House for anything.

No Christmas tree, no lights, keep public spaces neutral. I am all in.

No Christmas tree, no lights, keep public spaces neutral. I am all in.

I'll keep the Christmas Tree. He can ram everything else up there where the sun don't shine.

Yeah, the next time anyone dies under a republican's watch, we should demand that they pat their head while rubbing their belly and squawking like a chicken, and then when they don't immediately capitulate to our demands, we will dishonestly accuse them of insensitivity.

That, or we could behave like adults.

Yeah, the next time anyone dies under a republican's watch, we should demand that they pat their head while rubbing their belly and squawking like a chicken, and then when they don't immediately capitulate to our demands, we will dishonestly accuse them of insensitivity.

That, or we could behave like adults.

And we wouldn't expect anything less from you loyal, patriotic, hard working, college educated, supportive citizens.

Last edited:

Actually, what we really need is a New National Holiday. It could be called The LGBT, BLM, New Black Panther, Skinhead, Out-of-Wedlock Welfare Mothers Day of Celebration. In honor of the day, we'd turn off all the lights in D.C., distribute free crack cocaine, and throw the flag on the ground.

That could literally be 1,000 different people.

Great more conservative nonsense about the president. The flags were at half mast for the killed police officers, to claim anything else is ludicrous.

If only they were homosexual police officers :( Then they'd likely light it up with a rainbow or something because then they can spin this as an attack against the LGBT community or something.

Sure, that is of course why the white house was lit up in rainbow colors when the people in Orlando got murdered. Ooh wait, that didn't happen. So not that active on coloring the white house now is it.

Let us remember a little while back when the killing spree had happened in Orlando, when the flags were ordered at half mast by Obama. I can remember a county official in Alabama refusing to lower the flag with the justification:

because the shooting that left 49 dead and more than 50 injured was not a "valid circumstance" for flying the flag at half-staff.

This idiotic official also refused to fly the half mast when the attacks happened in Paris and Orlando. He wrote:

"When the flag is at half-staff, our country's head is figuratively held low, and quite frankly, I am not willing to hang my head down because of a terrorist attack against our people and our allies," Dorsey wrote, "We need more than a gesture as a response. I want us, as Americans, to stand tall, courageously, and fight back against the forces of evil, and let's fight like we intend to win."

BUT GUESS WHAT?!!! shooting dead 49 people in Orlando, 14 killed in San Bernardino was not something the flags where put at half mast, nor was the Paris terror attacks BUT!!!!! here is the kicker and you can guess it, the shooting of the police officers, that was something that the flags needed to be at half mast for.

:roll:What an idiot this Tucker Dorsey.

Actually, what we really need is a New National Holiday. It could be called The LGBT, BLM, New Black Panther, Skinhead, Out-of-Wedlock Welfare Mothers Day of Celebration. In honor of the day, we'd turn off all the lights in D.C., distribute free crack cocaine, and throw the flag on the ground.

Can we have a holiday called "The Day The Mods Got Rid of Quazimodo"?

WTF? Obama lite up the White House for every other god damn thing! This isn't justifiable somehow? What an asshole.

Yeah, nonsense of course, the White House is not lit up for every other god damn thing, in fact it is lit up very few times. And it was justifiable enough to order flags at half mast and going to the memorial of the police officers, speech and all.

Exactly, but we've now way past that already. Apparently it's 'lighting for the favored leftist ideological concerns of the administration' and little else. yeah, I was right. What a bunch of assholes.

Is coloring the white house pink a "leftist ideological concern"? Nope, it is a human ideological concern.

Back
Top Bottom