• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Early voting shows Democrats leading Republicans in historic battleground surge

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

10/23/20
Arizona's first week of early voting has set records, with the number of ballots returned almost doubling from 2018 in the Copper State's three largest counties. In Maricopa County -- home to the state capital of Phoenix -- the Recorder's Office reported that ballots processed increased 116% compared with two years ago and 96% in comparison with the 2016 presidential election. The Maricopa County elections department told The Arizona Republic Thursday that the second week of processing shows further increases. That afternoon, County Recorder Adrian Fontes announced via Twitter that Maricopa had hit 2.6 million active voters. In the Southwestern Pima County, early voting increased by 92% from 2018, while Pinal County -- located between Scottsdale and Tucson -- saw an increase of 88%, according to their county recorder offices' data. Compared with four years ago, Pima County's tally rose 56%, and Pinal's spiked by 132%.

The Republic confirmed trends in the Sunbelt battleground currently appear to favor Democrats, with more ballots being mailed and dropped off at voting centers. From Oct. 7 -- when early voting opened -- through Oct. 19, almost 281,000 Democrats turned in ballots compared with 218,000 from Republicans. Around 25,000 Arizonans have voted in person compared with approximately 9,000 in the same time period four years ago and 42.3% of Democrats who turned in early ballots had either not voted or voted in just one of the past three election cycles, according to officials. Metropolitan areas of Arizona such as Phoenix have seen a demographic shift over the last few years, with the inclusion of new residents, younger voters, and increased participation by the Latino community. Although voter registration following a 10-day deadline extension slightly favored Republicans over Democrats, Arizona's undecided and independents led the charge.

From Fox News. The voting numbers indicate an historic turnout in Arizona, with huge voter turnouts among Democrats and Independents.

These numbers do not bode well for Trump/Biden and incumbent GOP Senator Martha McSally. Democrats need to flip McSally's Senate seat.

From Fox News. The voting numbers indicate an historic turnout in Arizona, with huge voter turnouts among Democrats and Independents.

These numbers do not bode well for Trump/Biden and GOP Senator Martha McSally.
Well shoot dems have this in the bag...they scan stay home on election day.

What do you think of the chance at AZ going Blue?
If not now in 2024?

These numbers do not bode well for Trump/Biden and incumbent GOP Senator Martha McSally. Democrats need to flip McSally's Senate seat.

. Democrats need to flip McSally's Senate seat

I think they will easily

I'm not breaking out the champagne yet. Polls show that Dems are more likely to vote by mail and early while Reps said they'll wait until Election Day.
I'm worried that the mail in Michigan will be slow, as ballots must reach the clerks by Election Day, as per the GOP controlled legislature. Any late ballots will be tossed.

I plan to vote today, 1st day in NY.

Yeah. I'll be staying at home on election day... y'know... since I already voted and all.

But have fun standing in line on Nov 4.

There's a lot of election to go!

If Trump wins and democrats capture the house and the senate, it's going to get more crazy.

I'm not breaking out the champagne yet. Polls show that Dems are more likely to vote by mail and early while Reps said they'll wait until Election Day.
I'm worried that the mail in Michigan will be slow, as ballots must reach the clerks by Election Day, as per the GOP controlled legislature. Any late ballots will be tossed.

I plan to vote today, 1st day in NY.

Naturally, as a Democrat, I do not want Democrats to feel one iota of complacency and I want every single person who wants Joe Biden as president or who simply wants to get Trump out of office to feel he needs to get to the polls.

That having been said, this is the first election about which it is being said that more Republicans than Democrats vote in person. Traditionally it is more Republicans who vote absentee. That is why many Republican leaders were so horrified that Trump discouraged voting by mail. Voting by mail was how they often got many of their votes. (Listen to Joe Scarborough and Michael Steele discuss this.)

As you all know by now, multiple polls found that twice as many Democrats as Republicans planned to vote early.

If the ratio of Dems to Reps in early voting is less than 2 to 1, this is bad news for Biden.

One thing to keep in mind, Citizens are voting in huge numbers and doubt that will stop until the election is done, and even the Republicans admit that a large turn out goes against their chances of winning. Like the signs I am seeing but do not get complacent, make sure you and all you know Vote, the Future of Nation depends on it.

my guess is that since the precious says to vote in person, that's what many Republicans will do instead of the safer and saner option of voting by mail.

my guess is that since the precious says to vote in person, that's what many Republicans will do instead of the safer and saner option of voting by mail.

No, you can wear masks and social distance while voting

No, you can wear masks and social distance while voting

right. the last time i voted in person, Republicans had restricted the number of polling locations, and the line was wrapped around the outside of the building at 6:30 AM. then we all got to touch the same spot on ten or twelve machines.

**** a whole lotta that.

right. the last time i voted in person, Republicans had restricted the number of polling locations, and the line was wrapped around the outside of the building at 6:30 AM. then we all got to touch the same spot on ten or twelve machines.

**** a whole lotta that.

Republicans had restricted the number of polling locations

Was this early or election day voting?

then we all got to touch the same spot on ten or twelve machines.

Hand Sanitizer Felix

Polls support this statement.

Minus the adjectives in the last sentence.

Was this early or election day voting?

Hand Sanitizer Felix

it was an off year election. hand sanitizer won't protect you from the militantly maskless morons around you.

either way, i don't have to worry about voting in person, as i already voted by mail. i do have to worry about it as a super spreader event, however. so do you.

Back
Top Bottom