• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Early Voting Numbers Scare Democrats

Except that Rove was right about a majority but not of the conservative majority, we have a majority its called the cult of statism. Where theft, death, spinelessness, oppression are all the rage for those of us not in the political class.

WTF are you smoking I want some:mrgreen:

I think this may be the start of candidates able to talk about national manufacturing in their political platforms and get populist support from the left and the right. This election is the start- The teaparty is symptomatic of the change from control of the two partry's both supporting free trade. One or the other will bend and soon- start giving in to the more popular rhetoric voters want to hear. It will be interesting to see who or what emerges to take the place of the republicans and democrats leadership positions on the issue of national manufacturing and the failed policys of private versus public stimulis we have had from Bush & Obama.
They were right about one thing. The government cant artificially take the place of the free economy- now lets see where the intellectual muscle comes from to "Bolden the American political landscape" to start advocating American national manufacturing. Dude the answer is- Jobs. Jobs. Jobs. Not more comsumption.

You might be to young for this but at one time Karl Rove was predicting a permanent R majority.

I might be, I never remembering hearing about that and I have been pretty into politics since I was in high school. I do remember however kids in my poli sci classes telling me Republicans were one and done after the '08 election and I just laughed at them. We as a nation easily forget why were pissed at one side or another after a few years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/24/weekinreview/24baker.html
~snip
The reality of presidential politics is that it helps to have an enemy. With Democrats controlling the White House and Congress, they shoulder responsibility for the country’s troubles. No amount of venting about George W. Bush or the filibuster rule has convinced the public otherwise. But if Republicans capture Congress, Mr. Obama will finally have a foil heading toward his own re-election battle in 2012.

“The best possible result for Obama politically is for the Republicans to gain control of both houses,” said Douglas E. Schoen, a Democratic pollster and strategist who helped President Bill Clinton recover from his own midterm Congressional defeat in 1994 to win re-election two years later. “That’s what Obama should want.”

Who knows, probably SSDD.

I frankly don't care about the election. For the most part, both parties are identical in platform, but how they get there is different. One is in the express lane to hell and the other is taking their sweet time in the middle lane of the interstate. For me, it's one party with two names.

In a few elections when the Republicans are removed from the Congress, are still going to talking about how "The People" are sweeping the Dems aside forever in a "total rejection" of their philosophy?

Probably, but its going to be just as ridiculous then as it is now. If Reps or Dems really want to stay in power for longer they need to stop talking about every election as if its the end all be all of elections.
This is an election of that sort; sober people know it.

It's why the folks are revved up; they know Obama has inflicted great damage and is going to do more if left unchecked. They not only want to stop Obama, but begin the process of repealing his nonsense, with the goal of repealing him in 2-years.

Last edited:
This one is.
It's why the folks are revved up; they know Obama has inflicted great damage and is going to do more if left unchecked.

Well only shows how dumb people are then... since most of the damage was done by the Republicans in the first place.

For college students, it's so not '08 - Matt Negrin - POLITICO.com

On college campuses where Barack Obama made politics cool again, most students have moved on.

They’ve quit bugging their friends about change, they’re no longer trying to sign up new voters and the knock-on-door day trips now draw only the most hard-core.

One statistic from Rock the Vote, the most aggressive organization behind youthful political participation, illustrates the difference between now and 2008 — just 280,000 young voters signed up in its midterm elections voter drive, a fraction of the 2.5 million who eagerly put their name on voter forms two years ago.

The bottom line: From coast to coast, universities that brim with liberal ideas and idealistic students won’t be sending nearly as many voters to the polls on Nov. 2. And that’s bad news for Democrats.

In Colorado’s Larimer County, which includes the Colorado State University campus, voter registration drives resulted in 20,000 new voters in 2008. This year, only 1,200 came through.

The story is the same in Virginia’s Albemarle County, which includes 90 percent of the dorms at the University of Virginia. In 2008, 6,171 people registered to vote; only 2,714 new registrations came in this year, a number that could be troubling for the reelection efforts of Democratic Rep. Tom Perriello, who won 2008 thanks in large part to students who turned out for Obama.

A couple of hours away at Virginia Tech, Montgomery County recorded 1,441 new voters, far fewer than the 7,402 who sent in forms in 2008.

that's TODAY

the same thing is going on at uc davis, same at the university of new hampshire

colleges across the country which just 2 years ago were literally forested with obamite paraphernalia are today denuded

according to the harvard institute of politics, 70% of college kids said they were going to vote in 08, and 51 did

this year, only 35 even SAY they will show up

this all became catastrophically clear on mtv 2 weeks ago when obama got murdered by the matriculators

his awkward appearance on smut tv was accompanied by the release of the mtv/ap snapshot of youth sentiment: 60 percent approved of obama's performance in may 09, only 44% today

rock the vote reports under 30's preferring dems generically by 18 points in 08, only half that today

the youth vote is notoriously unreliable, only 25% participated in the 06 offyear

the avalanche of acme faces in november 08 appears today an anomaly, just another obamite advantage that has VANISHED

bloomberg, also TODAY, independently reaches the same conclusions

Obama Excitement Wanes as Young Voters Tune Out U.S. Election - Bloomberg

the empirics from pew: under 30's interest in this election is 31%, down from 39 in the last offyear, 06

support for generic dems has dropped across the same demographic, from 62% in 08 to 54 today

obama's generic approval amongst the kids is 49, down from 58 one year ago (when chris christie and bob mcdonnell captured trenton and richmond)

Last edited:
Well only shows how dumb people are then... since most of the damage was done by the Republicans in the first place.

Of course they were started during the term of the Republicans, and then BHO made it even worse.

Everyone knows that!!

And that is why there is a Tea Party movement which is dissatisfied with both Democrats and Republicans,

The Tea Party is supporting candidates who are Conservative, and who will stop the big spending.

So you are missing the entire plot if you are trying to make one party worse than the other. They both stink.

This is an election of that sort; sober people know it.

It's why the folks are revved up; they know Obama has inflicted great damage and is going to do more if left unchecked. They not only want to stop Obama, but begin the process of repealing his nonsense, with the goal of repealing him in 2-years.

In many ways its 1994 all over again. New healthcare, although that time it was a bill not a law, and backlash over an assault weapons ban which happened in 1994 and many people think will happen again.

Trust me if this was really that historic election we'd be seeing a much bigger change, for example the Dems wouldnt probably be holding onto the Senate.

TODAY:

Poll: Independents siding with GOP - James Hohmann and Jim VandeHei - POLITICO.com

Republicans are on the verge of broad wins next week for one big reason: independent voters are ready to boot Democrats from office, according to a new POLITICO/George Washington University Battleground Poll.

Expressing deep dissatisfaction with President Obama’s policies and performance, independents have increasingly sided with conservatives in the belief that government grew too large, too fast under Obama—and that it can no longer be trusted. In the final pre-election Battleground Poll, Republicans hold a 14-point edge among independents and lead overall, 47 percent to 42 percent, in the generic ballot match up.

The swing among independents rivals the emergence of the spirited Tea Party movement as one of the most important changes in American politics over the past 20 months. Many other polls have confirmed this trend over that period, even though it has been vastly overshadowed by coverage of more provocative characters and themes on the right.

The poll found these independents are merging with Republican voters, who remain decidedly more enthusiastic about voting next Tuesday, to threaten both the House and Senate Democratic governing majorities. The Republican lead expands to 12 points in the generic ballot among those “extremely likely” to vote.

It’s the flight of independents that presents the biggest challenge for Democrats. Independents helped lift Democrats to power in 2006 and pushed Obama into office in 2008. But in last year’s Virginia and New Jersey gubernatorial races, these voters registered grave concerns and did it again by breaking for Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) in his upset victory in January.

TODAY independents oppose obamacare, 62 to 16

52% of the general population thinks ahab obama's leviathan legislation is a loser

66% of I's say the stimulus was a waste, up a dozen since labor day

"there's been decided momentum for republicans in the last two months:" 29% of I's were leaning gop on labor day, 38% in the third week of september, 44% TODAY

gwu/battleground's findings are confirmed by "a host of other polls," notes roger simon's journo listers

that'd be gallup, pew, rasmussen, cnn...

amongst I's disgusted with both parties, by 46 to 24 they intend to vote gop

when it comes to job creation, I's favor congressional republicans over the president, 50 to 26

whites oppose obama, 56 to 33

suburbanites are down on him, 51 to 39 (down from 44% support in september)

in the northeast, he's upside down, 41 to 50

in the midwest it's 42 to 48

blue collar whites, the old reagan dems, lean republican by 15

73% of whites say they're likely to vote, compared to 52% of under 30's, 62% of single women, only 47% of african americans

obama would lose to an unnamed republican, 42 to 48

he leads women overall, 46 to 43, but trails men, 37 to 52

and republican women are found to be "significantly more likely to vote"

cbs reports on the same phenomenon, also TODAY:

Frustrated Independents May Spell Doom for Dems - The Early Show - CBS News

(CBS) With just eight days to go until the midterm elections, Republicans appear poised to take control of the House of Representatives. And despite efforts by President Obama to fire up the base and close the enthusiasm gap for Democrats, it may not be working as well as hoped.

According to the latest battleground poll from Politico, Republicans lead Democrats 47 to 42 percent overall - including a 14-point edge among independents, reports CBS News White House correspondent Bill Plante.

CBS News political consultant John Dickerson doesn't think the Democrats will be able to dig out of that big hole among independents in time for the election.

"Not at all. In fact, the president and Democrats have been trying to turn that number around for months and months and it's just stuck there. And that's the big problem for Democrats. They talk about these early voting numbers in the states that have early voting and it shows Democrats are turning out [tho they're down 15 points relative to republicans over 06] which is great for Democrats. But independent voters are also turning out and so, when they vote, if they're voting with this kind of big margin for Republicans, that's where the big victories will come in for the GOP," he said on CBS' "The Early Show" Monday.

We voted in OBAMA ; because we wanted to show that AMERICA WORKS no matter what your skin color we , sent a message. We get it. We are the ones who pushed that through he didnt do it inspite of us, Conservative republican white males, he did it because of us. We saw a chance to effect this nation and in one wave we swept this country like every other group that helped elect the, Frst Black American as our President. That moment of change for the right reasons at the right time selflessly shinning the light of Americas true nature, for one National passioned embrace we acted together to live the dream we all shared - that of of being a mature federated republican society sharing its values and leading the world with it's principled representative government. No matter who you are or what you may do from now on, I can bet you that in the quiet nook of your boosom - in your self where the calm reasons with your mind to soothe your soul. You will not ever see such clarity in the national body of the electorate as we saw when we in one amazing night filled with togertherness , ELECTED A BLACK AMERICAN to lead us.

Now in November 2010 we will vote to limit what appears to be a government unresponsive to the needs of its citizens.

Last edited:
How would you respond if I told you that Obama was white?

What I was refeering to was because he was black. The issues in some of the posts were about us being seemingly rascist toward The president- the issue is not about the presidents race but leadership and national party political platform. The health care bill was overwhelmingly disliked by the nation. Yet he forged on inspite of the nation he swore to govern and defend. He caused the problem himself by-his smoothe style of "deft represntation". He didnt listen. so in a healthy election cycle His party will be forced out of power , BY A Show of strength from the countrys citizens. HEALTHY.

Back
Top Bottom