• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Early US Voting Appears to Favor Democrats

Dogger807

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Election officials in several closely-contested states say Democrats are turning out to vote early in greater numbers than Republicans. With 34 states allowing voters to go to the polls in person before election day, experts estimate that up to 30 percent of U.S. voters are likely to cast their votes before November 4. VOA Correspondent Cindy Saine takes a look at what early voting trends might mean for the outcome of the election.

Ok... it's really to early too call anything. However I think it's very significant to note the ratio of dem to rep turn out so far.

Wait till the numbers come in on Election Night! :mrgreen:

Ok... it's really to early too call anything. However I think it's very significant to note the ratio of dem to rep turn out so far.

So then your thread topic was just a Lie?

"Early US Voting Appears to Favor Democrats"

Why am I NOT surprised by this? :roll:

So then your thread topic was just a Lie?

"Early US Voting Appears to Favor Democrats"

Why am I NOT surprised by this? :roll:

American Enterprise Institute political analyst John Fortier says there is clearly a Democratic advantage in early voting, but he warns everyone not to jump to conclusions.

UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!

If Obama wins, I'll bet you won't hear any talk of voter fraud from the left.

If Obama wins, I'll bet you won't hear any talk of voter fraud from the left.
You are abolutely correct.

And, if Obama loses, that's ALL you'll hear.

Your thread title is "Early US Voting Appears to Favor Democrats"

Then you say "Ok... it's really to early too call anything."

So you must have made this up, which is a lie; why?

Early voting favors does not mean it has been called, it means that it is favoring.
Nuances like this, or basic common sense perhaps, are certainly not some peoples strengths...

Why don't you do the brave thing and not attack people?
Why don't you do the brave thing and be positive about your stance instead of doing the cowardly thing of simply trying to tear the other guy down?

If you want, I could teach you how... :2razz:

Last edited:
Why don't you do the brave thing and be positive about your stance instead of doing the cowardly thing of simply trying to tear the other guy down?

..............because it needed to be repeated.

Good Job, Bodi :2wave:

Early voting favors does not mean it has been called, it means that it is favoring.

Thank you for admitting what the OP was lol. Never was the title Obama wins the presidency. The title was Early voting APPEARS to favor democrats lol.

Thank you though for admitting what the title was.

Thank you for admitting what the OP was lol. Never was the title Obama wins the presidency. The title was Early voting APPEARS to favor democrats lol.

Thank you though for admitting what the title was.

Yeah... I agree, "Early voting APPEARS to favor democrats", whatever that means...
I just don't think that this thread/title is something to wage war on...
Let alone base an entire argument/justification for victory on...
Pathetic.

Anyway... it appears that most sane people are seeing the light.

Bodi

Nuances like this, or basic common sense perhaps, are certainly not some peoples strengths...

If you want, I could teach you how... :2razz:

You are truly a caricature of your own denial; the only thing you have ever done on this forum is bait and attack.

The only thing you could possibly teach is ignorance; and trust me, there is plenty of that on the forum to go around, particularly from your side of the aisle.

The only thing more amusing about such ignorance is that bloated self opinion you have of yourself.

But hey, do keep avoiding substance or the thread topic; we wouldn't want you to actually have a point.

Originally Posted by Truth Detector

I would ask what part of the above do you NOT get; but it is readily apparent you seldom get anything or have a point. Now please stop your baiting and trolling before you get infracted again, and again, and again.

You are truly a caricature of your own denial; the only thing you have ever done on this forum is bait and attack.

The only thing you could possibly teach is ignorance; and trust me, there is plenty of that on the forum to go around, particularly from your side of the aisle.

The only thing more amusing about such ignorance is that bloated self opinion you have of yourself.

But hey, do keep avoiding substance or the thread topic; we wouldn't want you to actually have a point.

Originally Posted by Truth Detector

I would ask what part of the above do you NOT get; but it is readily apparent you seldom get anything or have a point. Now please stop your baiting and trolling before you get infracted again, and again, and again.

I was simply giving an opinion that most people share... sorry to have so obviously upset you.

Just playin'. OK then, lets look at this issue seriously for a second.
I will suspend, or call ;), my game of sarcasm due to maturity setting in.

Originally Posted by Bodhisattva
Early voting favors

does ... not ... mean

it has been called,

it means that it is favoring.

fa·vor (fā'vər) Pronunciation Key
n.
A gracious, friendly, or obliging act that is freely granted: do someone a favor.

Friendly or favorable regard; approval or support: won the favor of the monarch; looked with favor on the plan.
A state of being held in such regard: a style currently in favor

favoring definition | Dictionary.com

What part about "favoring" bothers you. Seriously... what am I not seeing that you are?
It is obviously "A state of being held in such regard" which means that it is happening "CURRENTLY".
Favoring does not mean that it is concluded, hence it has not been "called".
It is still in the process of, thereby indicating that it can change in the future, just like a game that gets called.
This means that a decision has been made, and obviously the decision is not in until the election is over.
Again, indicating that it has not been "Called", or stopped.

call (kôl) Pronunciation Key
v. called, call·ing, calls

To stop or postpone (a game) because of bad weather, darkness, or other adverse conditions.

called definition | Dictionary.com

Let me know what you think.

WTF is the confusion here? Bod, it seemed to me your thread title was referring to the early voting while your "too early to call" comment was about the final outcome of the race. Yes? No?

WTF is the confusion here? Bod, it seemed to me your thread title was referring to the early voting while your "too early to call" comment was about the final outcome of the race. Yes? No?

Yeah... early voting indications means that it is too early to call, right?
That means that it has not been called yet. That is my point.
It is a small one, but one that I am making and one that TD won't accept.

Unless that is... I am missing something? I am open... talk to me Goose! :2razz:

I was simply giving an opinion that most people share... sorry to have so obviously upset you.

Just playin'. OK then, lets look at this issue seriously for a second.
I will suspend, or call ;), my game of sarcasm due to maturity setting in.

fa·vor (fā'vər) Pronunciation Key
n.
A gracious, friendly, or obliging act that is freely granted: do someone a favor.

Friendly or favorable regard; approval or support: won the favor of the monarch; looked with favor on the plan.
A state of being held in such regard: a style currently in favor

favoring definition | Dictionary.com

What part about "favoring" bothers you. Seriously... what am I not seeing that you are?
It is obviously "A state of being held in such regard" which means that it is happening "CURRENTLY".
Favoring does not mean that it is concluded, hence it has not been "called".
It is still in the process of, thereby indicating that it can change in the future, just like a game that gets called.
This means that a decision has been made, and obviously the decision is not in until the election is over.
Again, indicating that it has not been "Called", or stopped.

call (kôl) Pronunciation Key
v. called, call·ing, calls

To stop or postpone (a game) because of bad weather, darkness, or other adverse conditions.

called definition | Dictionary.com

Let me know what you think.

Here we go again... the third time that you challenge me, the third time I have tried to debate with you after you whine about you being able to whoop on me in a debate regarding your challenge, and now... the thrid time (officially) that you have punked out like a whiney snot nosed child. Dude, you are a joke. Beyond one actually... :rofl

It seems simple comprehension is not a requirement of "truth detection" for some.

I'll bet not.

You are already hearing it from the right. They are calling for voter fraud when only registration fraud exists. Do you think this will just go away after Nov. 4 if Obama wins?

You are already hearing it from the right. They are calling for voter fraud when only registration fraud exists. Do you think this will just go away after Nov. 4 if Obama wins?
Yep. There will be no appreciable word of it from the right.

Back
Top Bottom