• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Early Shout Out to All DP Military Vets

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
When I first heard it, it was Armistice Day; 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of the worst war the world had witnessed up until then.

Thanks to all the vets for their service; Happy Veterans Day!

US Army Oct72-Oct75

When I first heard it, it was Armistice Day; 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of the worst war the world had witnessed up until then.

US Army Oct72-Oct75
Back atcha, brother.

USN Mar71-Jul93

US Army Oct72-Oct75

Peace. :peace

US Army Dec 84 - May 08

I am surprised schools aren’t closed.

Closed statewide in Minnesota I think...

You would think that would be the case here in Texas with such a large veteran community, but nope.

I send my Thank you to each and every veteran that has served our nation!

usmilitaryseals_3.JPG

Yes, I too would like to thank all the veterans who have served in all of our wars.

When one looks at TV documentaries of their valor and suffering (be it World War I or World War II or Vietnam or Afghanistan), one realizes that we do not honor their sacrifices enough.

At the very least, we should make sure that they get the best possible health care.

And if anyone sees a member of the armed forces dining in a restaurant on Veterans Day, hopefully the former will pay for the latter's meal. Even better, the restaurant should pick up the tab.

Army january 2009-oct2011, and national guard from december 2011-oct2015.

I love the idea of honoring veterans but must admit the biggest ones saying thank you are other veterans, with the largest number I see from the vietnam war. I imagine due to the hostilities then against soldiers they feel compelled to give the thanks many in their day would not give.

Most veterans do not seek any thanks but it is nice people do.

Army january 2009-oct2011, and national guard from december 2011-oct2015.

I love the idea of honoring veterans but must admit the biggest ones saying thank you are other veterans, with the largest number I see from the vietnam war. I imagine due to the hostilities then against soldiers they feel compelled to give the thanks many in their day would not give.

Most veterans do not seek any thanks but it is nice people do.

USMC

Feb 1977 to Nov 1997

Thank you for your service, veterans and DP vets.

Branson, MO is expecting about 100,000 veterans....nearly every business is offering discounts, some offer discounts all year. If you have never been to Branson, consider it. We just got back from there, attended 3 shows a day. They love veterans....

I like to look for the really old ones, WW2, and shake their hands.

In-Country Vietnam, Brown Water Navy....USS Harnett Cty, LST 821

Thank you for sacrifices to all veterans and brothers in arms as well as to their families. Who sacrifice much as well.

US Army
2006 and still serving.

Worst war due to the fatalities? The brutality? Or the numbers involved? Certainly the area involved would say not. Or are we doing the chemical focus? Biologically it would’ve been possible if you thought the flue was on purpose. Jochi’s attack on Eastern Europe would rate higher for shear numbers involved, fatalities incurred and shear brutality.

Worst war due to the fatalities? The brutality? Or the numbers involved? Certainly the area involved would say not. Or are we doing the chemical focus? Biologically it would’ve been possible if you thought the flue was on purpose. Jochi’s attack on Eastern Europe would rate higher for shear numbers involved, fatalities incurred and shear brutality.

I somehow think the purpose of the thread flew straight over your head.

I somehow think the purpose of the thread flew straight over your head.

Nope. I got it. It was a contraversal thread from the get go. 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of the worst war ever. Why base your thesis upon lies? If it’s not supposed to be phony, don’t make it so. Just come right out with it being Veterans Day, and stop with the theatrics already.

Nope. I got it. It was a contraversal thread from the get go. 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of the worst war ever. Why base your thesis upon lies? If it’s not supposed to be phony, don’t make it so. Just come right out with it being Veterans Day, and stop with the theatrics already.

It was stated the wort war up until then, as ww2 exceeded ww1, but ww2 had not happened yet when ww1 occurred. If you do not know the estimated death toll of ww1 for both military and civilians worldwide is 37 million, for a few years of fighting that is extremely massive, and I can not think of any other war prior with such death tolls.

It was stated the wort war up until then, as ww2 exceeded ww1, but ww2 had not happened yet when ww1 occurred. If you do not know the estimated death toll of ww1 for both military and civilians worldwide is 37 million, for a few years of fighting that is extremely massive, and I can not think of any other war prior with such death tolls.
No. The flue after the war took the huge proportion of the fatalities. Try something. Read about Jochi’s attack on Eastern Europe. For brutality it surpassed WWI. By all measures. As for the fatalities inflicted during the war, about equal. For the starvation after, equal if not worse. Just because the regime change in Russia lead to Iosephs genocides doesn’t mean that was a part of it.

No. The flue after the war took the huge proportion of the fatalities. Try something. Read about Jochi’s attack on Eastern Europe. For brutality it surpassed WWI. By all measures. As for the fatalities inflicted during the war, about equal. For the starvation after, equal if not worse. Just because the regime change in Russia lead to Iosephs genocides doesn’t mean that was a part of it.

The mongol invasions are listed as higheer death toll than ww1, but spanned over 100 years vs ww1 being 4 years, that puts ww1 in the more brutal category, imagine if ww1 had gone on over 100 years like the mongol invasion, we would have had to count deaths in the hundreds of millions or even billions.

The only one that comes close to ww1 in time of war vs deaths was one chinese revolution which lasted a little over a decade, and had a similar death count.

The mongol invasions are listed as higheer death toll than ww1, but spanned over 100 years vs ww1 being 4 years, that puts ww1 in the more brutal category, imagine if ww1 had gone on over 100 years like the mongol invasion, we would have had to count deaths in the hundreds of millions or even billions.

The only one that comes close to ww1 in time of war vs deaths was one chinese revolution which lasted a little over a decade, and had a similar death count.
The second attack by the mongols that cut through Poland, turned left, hooked up with the southern pincer and was about to reduce Vienna took out all the forces of Eastern Europe save the ones inside Vienna.

I admit our United States Marines brought a swift conclusion against the Germans lines. I’m proud of our militaries abilities to be able to shoot straight and advance under fire. No doubt about it. But the worst? Why try to catagorize it? We weren’t in the trenches.

US Army Oct72-Oct75

Thanks. US Army Sep71-Sep74.

I admit our United States Marines brought a swift conclusion against the Germans lines. I’m proud of our militaries abilities to be able to shoot straight and advance under fire. No doubt about it. But the worst? Why try to catagorize it? We weren’t in the trenches.

Way to derail an otherwise nice thread. :sarcasticclap

Way to derail an otherwise nice thread. :sarcasticclap
It wasn’t nice. He should’ve said our forces snuffed out the Jerry’s when others couldn’t. To elevate ones accomplishments is bordering on deception.

Back
Top Bottom