• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Early Perdiction: Which two teams will be in the Super Bowl this year?

cpgrad08

American
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
My pick is that it is going to be Seattle vs. Denver.

My pick is that it is going to be Seattle vs. Denver.

If Justin Smith and the defense stay healthy, Niners and some patsy from the AFC.....Denver will do.:)

Raiders and a team to lose against them! Ha!

A healthy Ben Roethlisberger, with a talented rookie running back and an unleashed passing game makes another surprising run to the Super Bowl for a shot at number 7 - the AFC is wide open this year with no clear favorites.

In the NFC, a rejuvenated New Orleans and a new offensive minded coach in Chicago lead to two surprise teams surviving the battle but all will be for naught as either one will be no match for the Steelers in the big game. The Terrible Towels rule again!!

A healthy Ben Roethlisberger, with a talented rookie running back and an unleashed passing game makes another surprising run to the Super Bowl for a shot at number 7 - the AFC is wide open this year with no clear favorites.

In the NFC, a rejuvenated New Orleans and a new offensive minded coach in Chicago lead to two surprise teams surviving the battle but all will be for naught as either one will be no match for the Steelers in the big game. The Terrible Towels rule again!!

Roethlisberger is as tough as a 50 cent steak, but the Steelers aren't the defensive force they used to be.
The Saints are weak on defense, as are the Bears nowadays.:)
Stick to Grey Cup analysis, John.:)

Roethlisberger is as tough as a 50 cent steak, but the Steelers aren't the defensive force they used to be.
The Saints are weak on defense, as are the Bears nowadays.:)
Stick to Grey Cup analysis, John.:)

Post your predictions against mine and we'll see who knows what.

Are you taking the Niners and Denver? Out on a limb much? Front runner wagon jumper?

San Fran and New England. Harbaugh's just getting started and although New England has lost some great players, expect Brady to rise to the challenge and some no name offensive players to soon become stars.

Post your predictions against mine and we'll see who knows what.

Are you taking the Niners and Denver? Out on a limb much? Front runner wagon jumper?

Hah.....lifelong Niner fan.
I picked Denver as my default AFC team.....I gotta pick someone...can't stand the Pats.
Besides....maybe if Denver woulda beat Baltimore in the playoffs LAST year, we would have....sob...sniffle...won the Super Bowl.

Hah.....lifelong Niner fan.
I picked Denver as my default AFC team.....I gotta pick someone...can't stand the Pats.
Besides....maybe if Denver woulda beat Baltimore in the playoffs LAST year, we would have....sob...sniffle...won the Super Bowl.

Well, a Niners - Baltimore Super Bowl was about the worst possible combination this lifelong Steelers fan could have had, but glad Baltimore won. Denver will never make it to the Super Bowl - Manning will see to that. Niners may make it, but they had a dream season last year and that seldom happens twice. And it's a well known fact that in the last couple of decades, the teams in the Super Bowl the previous year have sub-par years and often don't make the playoffs the next year. That's just a little CFL inspired tidbit for you.

You also picked the Blue Jays to win the World Series this year. :)

Obviously the Bears and the Lions.

Don't you guys know anything?

Well, technically they're not mathematically eliminated from playoff contention yet. :)

You're right - I did - :3oops: - boy, was that an overhyped pick, but my excuse is I wasn't alone. There's always next year.

Don't feel bad, I expected them to make the playoffs. Oh well, there are always the Maple Leafs...cept they are in a division with the Red Wings now so it will be hard on them too.

Super Bowl will be a team other than Dallas against a team other than NY.

Don't feel bad, I expected them to make the playoffs. Oh well, there are always the Maple Leafs...cept they are in a division with the Red Wings now so it will be hard on them too.

Super Bowl will be a team other than Dallas against a team other than NY.

Red Wings and Leafs get to renew a great, old rivalry that never should have been broken up. Should be fun.

Bengals v. Lions

Bank on it.

San Fran and New England. Harbaugh's just getting started and although New England has lost some great players, expect Brady to rise to the challenge and some no name offensive players to soon become stars.

Hahaha

Miami

Its going to be hard for San Fran to make it since they won't be winning the Division this year.

Beat me to it.
San Fran almost pulled it off last year.
Denver may have something to say this year, but I dont put money on that.

What Harbaugh has done so far is scary, and I don't think Seattle will stand in their way. I feel stronger about them winning the NFC than the Pats winning the AFC.

Its going to be hard for San Fran to make it since they won't be winning the Division this year.

What Harbaugh has done so far is scary, and I don't think Seattle will stand in their way. I feel stronger about them winning the NFC than the Pats winning the AFC.

Seattle won't stand in their way, Seattle will run over them with the Steamroller that is Marshawn Lynch

Back
Top Bottom