• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Early findings show new drug could be ‘gamechanging’ for brain cancer treatment

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Using ipatasertib, researchers say some brain cancers could potentially be made vulnerable to immunotherapy agents.

Two people with advanced brain cancer of the sort that led to the death of the MP Tessa Jowell have responded well in a small trial to an experimental combination of chemo and immunotherapy drugs. In one case, the life-threatening tumour seems to have disappeared.

Doctors at the Institute of Cancer Research and the Royal Marsden hospital in London cautioned that this was very early research but said it was unusual to have such a good response in patients in an early trial.

Ten patients were enrolled in the phase I trial called Ice-Cap. They had advanced glioblastoma, a tumour in the brain similar to that which also killed US president Joe Biden’s son, Beau.
=========================================================================

I had a former business associate die of inoperable brain cancer. He was a former Marine & exercised a lot. While I hated his guts, this is no way to die.

Using ipatasertib, researchers say some brain cancers could potentially be made vulnerable to immunotherapy agents.

Two people with advanced brain cancer of the sort that led to the death of the MP Tessa Jowell have responded well in a small trial to an experimental combination of chemo and immunotherapy drugs. In one case, the life-threatening tumour seems to have disappeared.

Doctors at the Institute of Cancer Research and the Royal Marsden hospital in London cautioned that this was very early research but said it was unusual to have such a good response in patients in an early trial.

Ten patients were enrolled in the phase I trial called Ice-Cap. They had advanced glioblastoma, a tumour in the brain similar to that which also killed US president Joe Biden’s son, Beau.
=========================================================================

I had a former business associate die of inoperable brain cancer. He was a former Marine & exercised a lot. While I hated his guts, this is no way to die.

This is a small molecule under development by the huge Swiss pharma company Roche. It is also in trials (phase II) for breast cancer.

My wife is a breast cancer survivor. I hope I don't have to go through that (chemo + surgery).

Back
Top Bottom