• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

E3 2010: All About Civilization V

Redress

Liberal Fascist For Life!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
http://pc.ign.com/articles/109/1096888p1.html

Big changes are in store this time around, and to learn all about it, we conducted Q&A via email. In case you weren't paying attention last week, we also learned the game's release date: September 21st in North America, and September 24th elsewhere around the world.

Marking my calender for Sept 21. Great interview with the article, some big changes this time around.

Sorry, but the biggest PC game is Star Wars:The Old Republic. Game looks badass!

Sorry, but the biggest PC game is Star Wars:The Old Republic. Game looks badass!

It does look badass, but Civ > *. I remember playing Civ 1 back in the navy, and having to fight people off who wanted to play it awhile.

It does look badass, but Civ > *. I remember playing Civ 1 back in the navy, and having to fight people off who wanted to play it awhile.

Never really played RTS's, the only exposure to the genre I've gotten is Command, and Conquer on the Xbox. So yeah, that wasn't the best experience.

Civ series is turned based, not RTS.

Dammit.
I saw the "E3 2010" and thought, wow, this was just the thread I was about to make!
Then I saw the "All About Civilization V" and thought, crap, Redress ruined my thread.

Oh well. The 3DS (The Nintendo 3DS Is Real, and Doesn't Need Glasses) looks interesting, and not what I had thought it was. Neat to see how that turns out. I'm kind of surprised nobody had thought of it before, if the technology is available.
And surely I'm not the only one here who cares that Zelda: Skyward Sword was just announced. Nintendo actually had a really awesome press conference today.

Oh well. The 3DS (The Nintendo 3DS Is Real, and Doesn't Need Glasses) looks interesting, and not what I had thought it was. Neat to see how that turns out. I'm kind of surprised nobody had thought of it before, if the technology is available.

I thought the same thing, if 3D TV is supposed to be the next big thing, and their biggest stumbling block is that households have to purchase a number of expensive glasses for people to watch, I feel like the TV people would be heavily invested in this same technology that Nintendo seems to have stumbled upon. I don't know what to think about it since there is no way to see the effect unless you're actually holding the damn thing. But considering how big a problem the glasses are I think that if we don't immediately see TV companies jump on this technology that's an indication that it really isn't worth much.

I did see good portions of the E3 on G4. I was mostly interested in anything about Nintendo, and the Old Republic chapter of Star Wars looked absolutely pimp. Anytime they tried to talk about Sony or other crap, I flipped the channel.

As much as I had with the newest Metroid, I would love to get a hold of the new Kid Icarus sometime.

I did see good portions of the E3 on G4. I was mostly interested in anything about Nintendo, and the Old Republic chapter of Star Wars looked absolutely pimp. Anytime they tried to talk about Sony or other crap, I flipped the channel.

As much as I had with the newest Metroid, I would love to get a hold of the new Kid Icarus sometime.

I will own SWTOR.

Back
Top Bottom