• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

E bikes better for the environment than conventional bicycles

why isn't Matt Gaetz telling the people in his South to get their asses off their couches and bike?

I ride a beach cruiser with ape hangers.

This year's Juiced RipCurrent S comes with a 1000W hub and is only $2500. That's what I have my sights set on. Later this summer I'll be moving to a place that's only a 15 minute ride to my office so I'll be happily using it to commute on good days.
I think my tandem with a 1000 watt wheel and the 48 volt 14 AH battery was about $600 total. But I put it together.

Summer is coming and I'm thinking of replacing my current e bike with a fat tire model to do more logging road rides. I had to laugh when as I researched bikes I came across the following.

"Since e-bike riders don’t need to expend as much energy to pedal, in theory, they don’t need as many calories as someone pedaling a conventional bike. In turn, this means less production and fewer food miles per person. If you look at it this way, e-biking might even be better and more energy-efficient than walking. Traveling just one kilometer by e-bike requires about five to 15 watt-hours of energy. Meanwhile, walking demands 15 to 20, depending on the person. "

Yep that's how nuts these people are.

for years I use to run lots of my short daily errands with an electric beach cruiser

but about a year and a half ago took delivery of an Arcimoto FUV which is a three wheel electric motorcycle because I found it wasn't possible to carry stuff (like from the grocery store)

basically since then I have not used my electric beach cruiser,... anyway since I'm a fan of odd efficient modes of transportation my plan is to buy a two seat three wheel tilting eBike when the design is perfected

There are tons of ebikes, but I really wish there were more smaller electric motorcycles to choose from. I don't need something to peddle, as I get plenty of exercise already. The sur ron is too slow and the zero fx is too heavy. Hopefully the Japanese motorcycle manufacturers will get into the market soon.

We haven't even come close to a good start in fixing the problems we've created. If you're uncomfortable with that, that's your conservative problem.

This thread subject and comments does little to nothing about it, previous point stands.

But try to pigeonhole more, it gives us all a good laugh at your repeated failures.

This thread subject and comments does little to nothing about it, previous point stands.

But try to pigeonhole more, it gives us all a good laugh at your repeated failures.

myPoint demolished your point.

myPoint demolished your point.

Then you woke up, this thread is meaningless to the climate change debate. But seeing you take this side speaks volumes for your consistent failure.

Then you woke up, this thread is meaningless to the climate change debate. But seeing you take this side speaks volumes for your consistent failure.

myPoint demolished your point and you're still flailing.

myPoint demolished your point and you're still flailing.

We'll get you a tissue, it'll be okay.

Now explain to us how e-bikes will save the planet from all of us polluters using conventional bikes. Go on, tell us all about it.

We'll get you a tissue, it'll be okay.

Now explain to us how e-bikes will save the planet from all of us polluters using conventional bikes. Go on, tell us all about it.

I don't need a tissue to deal with your weak trolling and straw man argument.

I've seen you post some decent stuff. I've even acknowledged it.

I don't need a tissue to deal with your weak trolling and straw man argument.

I've seen you post some decent stuff. I've even acknowledged it.

My question goes to the point of this thread, in the article a little over half way down, "Offsetting Food Emissions," you arrogantly and foolishly went there, own up or admit you are trolling.

My question goes to the point of this thread, in the article a little over half way down, "Offsetting Food Emissions," you arrogantly and foolishly went there, own up or admit you are trolling.

Again: myPoint demolished your point. If you'd actually like to discuss those points, I'm happy to.

Again: myPoint demolished your point. If you'd actually like to discuss those points, I'm happy to.

You still do not have a point, you jumped into a thread without addressing the subject of the thread, and are giving yourself a very hollow victory lap.

You still do not have a point, you jumped into a thread without addressing the subject of the thread, and are giving yourself a very hollow victory lap.

You're wasting.

Again: myPoint demolished your point:

We have gone off the deep edge with this shit.

We haven't even come close to a good start in fixing the problems we've created. If you're uncomfortable with that, that's your conservative problem.

They are extremely polluting to produce.

As are cars, tires, oils, gasoline, diesel, most food, guns, staplers, houses, streets, highways, power plants, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc ...

As are cars, tires, oils, gasoline, diesel, most food, guns, staplers, houses, streets, highways, power plants, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc ...
Exactly, and claiming e bikes are better for the environment than conventional bikes shows how out of touch with reality the AGW e vehicle obsessed climate change hysteria crowd has become.

Did you reply to my longer comment?
Must have missed it. I was out cutting down trees all morning but I've been riding my e bike a lot lately which saves trees so the stumps I made today don't actually exist and I'm a net zero tree cutter downer. Nutty stuff huh. 😄

Must have missed it.

#11.

You being progressive on one narrow issue is interesting. Industrial agriculture is bad but the rest of environmentalism is a joke to you.

#11.

You being progressive on one narrow issue is interesting. Industrial agriculture is bad but the rest of environmentalism is a joke to you.
AGW climate hysteria has nothing to do with environmentalism. In fact it sucks up all the air In the room and takes the focus off of real pollution. Even worse the so called answers to so called climate change are often devastating to the environment. The environmental movement has been hijacked and derailed very successfully by this politically inspired AGW agenda.

This year's Juiced RipCurrent S comes with a 1000W hub and is only $2500. That's what I have my sights set on. Later this summer I'll be moving to a place that's only a 15 minute ride to my office so I'll be happily using it to commute on good days.
Good sale on last years model. Nice bike. I'm putting it on my list.

There are tons of ebikes, but I really wish there were more smaller electric motorcycles to choose from. I don't need something to peddle, as I get plenty of exercise already. The sur ron is too slow and the zero fx is too heavy. Hopefully the Japanese motorcycle manufacturers will get into the market soon.
From My understanding for something to be considered an electric bicycle in the US means that it has a top powered speed of about 18 mph.
Back when I built mine, the poorly translated instructions said the off road controller for my 1000 watt hub could go up to about 30 Mph,
but the US model mine shipped with was limited to ~18 mph. I got a max GPS MPH of 18 on mine.

AGW climate hysteria has nothing to do with environmentalism. In fact it sucks up all the air In the room and takes the focus off of real pollution. Even worse the so called answers to so called climate change are often devastating to the environment. The environmental movement has been hijacked and derailed very successfully by this politically inspired AGW agenda.

I agree to a degree, but disagree more. Go ahead and make your case.

Back
Top Bottom