• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dwight Howard Sweepstakes

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
5 NBA teams battling it out for the honor to pay a prima donna athlete, with a bad back, who can't hit a free throw to save his life, $120-150 Million.
NBA - How teams rate in chances to sign Dwight Howard - ESPN

I predict that whomever lands him will not win a title with him.

Probably not, but I still want him on my team, which is the Hawks. For all of his flaws, and there are many, he is the best NBA center and almost single-handedly took the Magic to three straight division titles and the NBA Finals.

Probably not, but I still want him on my team, which is the Hawks. For all of his flaws, and there are many, he is the best NBA center and almost single-handedly took the Magic to three straight division titles and the NBA Finals.

You like the Hawks? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

He's either going to the Hawks, the Rockets, or staying with the Lakers. I find the Lakers unlikely tho

You like the Hawks? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Yeah, I picked them when I was a kid as my favorite team because they used to be the St. Louis Hawks. Can't change now, as much as I'd like to.

That was a different Dwight Howard. The current version has no heart, no drive, no pride and diminishing skills. You saw him quit against San Antonio. Right?

Yeah, I picked them when I was a kid as my favorite team because they used to be the St. Louis Hawks. Can't change now, as much as I'd like to.

Dominique Wilkens. If only he had learned to play some D.

If I was Dwight I would go to the Rockets. Of the teams available they offer the most talent and the youngest team overall. Of course, Texas also doesn't have a state income tax vs I think a 10% income tax in California.

That was a different Dwight Howard. The current version has no heart, no drive, no pride and diminishing skills. You saw him quit against San Antonio. Right?

I'd be willing to take the chance that he can do it again. For much of last season he was still a top 3 center. And he's only 27 its not like there's no hope he can return to his previous form. I'd rather have CP3 or Lebron or Curry or Harden but there's no chance at getting any of those stars. I see Dwight as the best shot for the Hawks to finally get out of the second round. There just aren't any really good alternatives. The next best chance would probably be to tank next season and hope to win the lottery and get Wiggins.

They're owned by scumbags.

They're owned by scumbags.

I definitely don't like the Spirit Group. I was extremely disappointed when the sale fell through a coupe years ago. It's not enough to change my fanhood though.

5 NBA teams battling it out for the honor to pay a prima donna athlete, with a bad back, who can't hit a free throw to save his life, $120-150 Million.
NBA - How teams rate in chances to sign Dwight Howard - ESPN

I predict that whomever lands him will not win a title with him.

I'm in the L.A., saw a lot of him this past year and he's a part-time player ... hurt a lot and when he plays he plays only part time ... still, should be able to help a team somewhere, somehow who cAN GET HIM TO WORK FULL-TIME ... AND I WOULD FOUL HIM ALL THE TIME ...

I'm in the L.A., saw a lot of him this past year and he's a part-time player ... hurt a lot and when he plays he plays only part time ... still, should be able to help a team somewhere, somehow who cAN GET HIM TO WORK FULL-TIME ... AND I WOULD FOUL HIM ALL THE TIME ...

I heard on the radio that he wants to go to Houston, but he wants Houston to sign another big-name player to help him win. What a jerk.

In the end, I relish the idea of rooting against this guy. So, I hope he ends up on the Lakers. :)

I heard on the radio that he wants to go to Houston, but he wants Houston to sign another big-name player to help him win. What a jerk.

In the end, I relish the idea of rooting against this guy. So, I hope he ends up on the Lakers. :)

I think he's leaving L.A. ... someone told me that he doesn't get along with the coach ... speaking of the coach ... he's a fast break type coach, so they hire him and put a bunch of old guys on the court ... sheeeeesh ...

I think he's leaving L.A. ... someone told me that he doesn't get along with the coach ... speaking of the coach ... he's a fast break type coach, so they hire him and put a bunch of old guys on the court ... sheeeeesh ...

Someone thought "Showtime" could be brought back with Nash and Kobe...but, yeah, they forgot both guys are pushing 40.

Someone thought "Showtime" could be brought back with Nash and Kobe...but, yeah, they forgot both guys are pushing 40.

And let's not forget Gasol ... if you start a fast break on Monday, he won't get to the other end until Wednesday (and then whine) ...

Fat chance. Atlanta has little to offer.

Plus, CP3 resigned with the Clippers ;)

I will state up front that Dwight Howard possesses (IMO) the weakest leadership skills among the top 20 players. The guy is an established cry baby who refuses to take responsibility.

Anyways. Howard is going to end up in either L.A., or Houston. He stays in L.A. because he can earn an additional $10-$20 million a year in various endorsement deals. Money aside, Kobe is going to retire (most likely) in the next 2 years, so it then becomes DH's team. A team that is not afraid to spend well into the luxury tax (they also secured a $5 billion cable deal). On the other hand, Houston looks to be the best place for DH to go as a player. HOF'er Kevin McHale is the perfect coach to help expand your low-post game. Plus the perimeter orientated Rockets will get the most out of Howard. Most importantly, NBA finals expectation's don't come into play for at least 2 more years.

Then there are the Clippers, Warriors, Hawks, and Mavericks, for which it makes the most sense to force a sign-and-trade to remain in L.A. He keeps his endorsement exposure and goes to a team where the offense runs through a facilitator of CP3's caliber. The rest of the teams have much less to offer.

It's a toss up between L.A. and Houston.

Fat chance. Atlanta has little to offer.

Plus, CP3 resigned with the Clippers ;)

I agree the Rockets and Lakers are the frontrunners, but it's Dwight so I dont think you can count anyone out. If I were the hawks I'd pitch being close to his hometown, the ability to sign any other free agent he wants, and the easier path to a title in the East.

LA, Atl, Dallas are out. No GS either. That pretty much leaves Houston.

NBA Mavs, Lakers out on Dwight Howard - ESPN

I can't wait for laker players and fans to tell us all what they really think of "Superman". :lol:

Back
Top Bottom