• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson backs Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in first public presidential endorsement

joko104

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson backs Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in first public presidential endorsement

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson on Sunday threw his support behind Democratic nominee Joe Biden and running mate Senator Kamala Harris in his first-ever public presidential endorsement. The actor and former wrestler made the announcement in a seven and a half minute-long video posted on his social media platforms.

"As a political independent and centrist for many years, I've voted for Democrats in the past and as well as Republican," Johnson wrote on social media. "In this critical election, I believe Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are the best to lead our country, and as my first ever (public) Presidential endorsement, I proudly endorse them for the presidential office of our United States."

Why do actors do this? I like his movies. He keeps them clean and without graphic violence. I will never watch another of his movies because anything that financially supports him as an actor is a contribution to the Democratic Party.

He pro-actively decided to be a Democratic Party activist so why would I contribute to his career another penny? I always have had the viewpoint. If a restaurant or store has a sign for a candidate I oppose, I will never do business with them again because they turned their business into a political organization. He just changed from being an actor to a Democratic politician using his income and fame as an actor to do so.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson on Sunday threw his support behind Democratic nominee Joe Biden and running mate Senator Kamala Harris in his first-ever public presidential endorsement. The actor and former wrestler made the announcement in a seven and a half minute-long video posted on his social media platforms.

"As a political independent and centrist for many years, I've voted for Democrats in the past and as well as Republican," Johnson wrote on social media. "In this critical election, I believe Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are the best to lead our country, and as my first ever (public) Presidential endorsement, I proudly endorse them for the presidential office of our United States."

Why do actors do this? I like his movies. He keeps them clean and without graphic violence. I will never watch another of his movies because anything that financially supports him as an actor is a contribution to the Democratic Party.

He pro-actively decided to be a Democratic Party activist so why would I contribute to his career another penny? I always have had the viewpoint. If a restaurant or store has a sign for a candidate I oppose, I will never do business with them again because they turned their business into a political organization. He just changed from being an actor to a Democratic politician using his income and fame as an actor to do so.

So you’re canceling him. Okay.

I always have had the viewpoint. If a restaurant or store has a sign for a candidate I oppose, I will never do business with them again because they turned their business into a political organization.

That isn't why. If that was why, you wouldn't need to qualify it with "for a candidate I oppose." You would never do business with a store that had a Trump sign either if that was your reasoning.

You vote with your dollars by boycotting businesses that contribute to causes you disagree with. I never go to Chick-fil-A for similar reasons. Boycotting is a great practice, and more people should do it.

anyone with half a brain is not gonna be voting for the broke con man with a big mouth and bad combover (who is massively in debt to foreign actors).

He pro-actively decided to be a Democratic Party activist so why would I contribute to his career another penny?
Meh. You can't cure all the world's evils.

Tax fraud. Telemarketers. Celebrity endorsements. ...

Why don't you have any problem with all of the financial contributions Trump made in his entire adult life to the Democrats? Including Kamala Harris.

That isn't why. If that was why, you wouldn't need to qualify it with "for a candidate I oppose." You would never do business with a store that had a Trump sign either if that was your reasoning.

You vote with your dollars by boycotting businesses that contribute to causes you disagree with. I never go to Chick-fil-A for similar reasons. Boycotting is a great practice, and more people should do it.

That's not accurate. A business going political is just that. They are picking a side as a business. Thus, their gamble. I think it a foolish one. However, I would do business with a business with a Trump sign because I'm ok with my money going towards supporting Trump.

Simply, I think it is very foolish for an actor or a business to do so. I don't dispute their right to do so. Rather, then bear the consequences. If trying to benefit by supporting a party or candidate, then be prepared to lose because of it too. I do boycott businesses - though not always possible. For example, trying to boycott corporations financing the riots is basically impossible. The richest corporations and people on earth are the cause of them - to divert attention from themselves and for their for-profit and power international agenda and goals.

Cancel Culture indeed....

However, I would do business with a business with a Trump sign because I'm ok with my money going towards supporting Trump.

Exactly my point. Your original claim was:

"I will never do business with them again because they turned their business into a political organization."

If that were true, you would never do business with anyone who turned their business into a political organization. Instead, you only boycott businesses that turn into opposing political organizations. Which is fine, but is very different from your original claim.

Many people are willing to hurt themselves financially in order to help end racial injustices, or fight climate change, or a host of other causes.

I know it is a hard concept for folks on your side of the aisle to understand. As President Trump said over the grave of a Marine Corps officer. "I don't get it. What was in it for them?"

<snip>

And why won't you do the same if they have a sign for a candidate you support? They're making their business a political organization just the same. Or is it simply that you're a hypocrite?

I think it is silly to cancel someone because you don’t like their point of view. He also voted for McCain and Romney. I still watch some of his movies. The ones I like.

I think it is silly to cancel someone because you don’t like their point of view. He also voted for McCain and Romney. I still watch some of his movies. The ones I like.

There is the economic/contributions factor. I like his movies. I will not finance the Democratic Party thru him. It is that simple. I don't claim he should be fired, that he be harassed, his house surrounded by rioters or any of the other cancel culture stuff. I just won't give him any money.

When did he endorse Romney or McCain? I can't find that.

Google now has a WOT warning about Dwyane Johnson's fan club website. Those in Google's WOT system can even see his website without clicking they accept the website is designated as dangerous. ROFL

However, Google does allow BUYING past that warning and I suppose he can afford it. He has shut down his fan club chat. The chat is still up, just says no one is there to answer anymore.

That's what happens when an actor comes out against 60,000,000 American adults because he wants to be cheered by other rich white limousine Hollywood liberals. Whether left (usually) or right (sometimes), when an actor becomes political it has never helped their acting career. How many people who liked "The Rock" do you think are liberals versus conservatives? Then again, he is a super rich guy so what does he care? His rich-guy extra special privileges are at no risk.

If you're only going to watch actors who support Trump, you won't have alot to watch. Most are washed up B-list actors who haven't worked for years.

If you're only going to watch actors who support Trump, you won't have alot to watch. Most are washed up B-list actors who haven't worked for years.
Most actors are not so arrogant and stupid as to endorse anyone. Covid-19 has put most actors out of work anyway.

That's not accurate. A business going political is just that. They are picking a side as a business. Thus, their gamble. I think it a foolish one. However, I would do business with a business with a Trump sign because I'm ok with my money going towards supporting Trump.

Simply, I think it is very foolish for an actor or a business to do so. I don't dispute their right to do so. Rather, then bear the consequences. If trying to benefit by supporting a party or candidate, then be prepared to lose because of it too. I do boycott businesses - though not always possible. For example, trying to boycott corporations financing the riots is basically impossible. The richest corporations and people on earth are the cause of them - to divert attention from themselves and for their for-profit and power international agenda and goals.
I'll bet the Rock isn't going to miss your $7.

I'll bet the Rock isn't going to miss your $7.
I'm certain you are right.

Anyone worth less than $100 million or might hire him for millions are just dirt under his feet in his opinion.

Google now has a WOT warning about Dwyane Johnson's fan club website. Those in Google's WOT system can even see his website without clicking they accept the website is designated as dangerous. ROFL

However, Google does allow BUYING past that warning and I suppose he can afford it. He has shut down his fan club chat. The chat is still up, just says no one is there to answer anymore.
Isn't this just another permutation of all the online abuses targeting Rick Santorum during his 2012 bid for the US Presidency?

You may despise the Democratic party and resent anyone who endorses it, but don't make light of (or worse, condone) "cancel culture" abuse online. It's unacceptable and frankly immoral.

There is the economic/contributions factor. I like his movies. I will not finance the Democratic Party thru him. It is that simple. I don't claim he should be fired, that he be harassed, his house surrounded by rioters or any of the other cancel culture stuff. I just won't give him any money.

When did he endorse Romney or McCain? I can't find that.

Having a point of view is not financing the Democratic party

Anyone worth less than $100 million or might hire him for millions are just dirt under his feet in his opinion.
Oh, so you know him. Got any proof he feels that way or are you just spouting lies?

After now doing some research of him, he is despicable. He is making millions promoting steroid bulking up videos of himself to wannabes. Becoming a steroid monster is extremely unhealthy and makes a person having slow body movement ability. He's just a chemical freak - making millions of dollars marketing that other men should do the same to be like him. Set aside politics, he's scum. Just a freak show.

You're less than dirt under Trump® and his expensive loafers; an actor who portrayed sucesss, and you still love him. The irony is that you just cry "fake news" and believe.....

I hope they bring back "The Rock" Barack Obama in the upcoming SNL episodes?

Given that Jim Carrey is playing Biden now....it could be comedy gold.

Isn't this just another permutation of all the online abuses targeting Rick Santorum during his 2012 bid for the US Presidency?

You may despise the Democratic party and resent anyone who endorses it, but don't make light of (or worse, condone) "cancel culture" abuse online. It's unacceptable and frankly immoral.

I truly do despise the Democratic Party. I do not despise anyone just because the vote Democratic or support a Democratic candidate. I will not give money to Democratic Party causes - and any money to Johnson does just that.

Maybe I favor democratic equality and oppose the special political privileges of the rich and famous? Why was his endorsement plastered all over the Internet? Other than being fabulously wealthy and in a way making millions and millions for Internet billionaires, what are his political credentials? So you think he gets $50 million in free political advertising for his political agenda/goals - but screw little people who use their tiny, tiny power in political opposition? Regardless, I do not dispute his right to do so - while you dispute my rights to be in opposition.

Nothing I posted even hinted at "online abuses." I gave his fan club site a "poor" WOT review. I stated exactly why - which will appear with my review. I suppose you demand I endorse his endorsement?

Actually, as I noted above, having really reviewed what he is doing, I think he's scum outside of politics for the reason I gave above. He is raking in 10 of millions of dollars urging young males to become steroid bulked up monsters like him - wink wink not mentioning steroids. A decade and half ago or so I worked out probably more and harder than he did. The male body can not be naturally bulked up in the way he has. He has a chemical built body and those chemicals/drugs cripple and kill. The young males don't have millions to have this medically monitored like he does. He has an entire team just for this.

Do you know he makes about a million dollars per tweet? Because it makes more than a million for Twitter in advertising fees? Then that damn for-profit steroid freak marketeer becomes a Democratic Party activist using his reputation as a steroid freak. But damn any non-rich and famous person who does anything in opposition to his political activities. He is given a $50 million dollar political voice for free. You and I should just keep our mouths shut. That's your position, right?

Back
Top Bottom