• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dutch right wing political party splits up due to Zelensky speech

Peter King

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
The sarcastically/ironically named Forum for Democracy (due to it being rather not that democratically inclined) has split up. At least 2 of it's founding members have parted ways and the speech of Zelensky was the straw that broke the camels back. Founder and semi dictator of the party Baudet (a despicable human being IMO, he has racist tendencies, did nothing against party members that made anti-Jewish comments, he is arrogant like hell, thinks of himself that he is brilliant and also has xenophobic and anti-female opinions) has split with other founding member (and man who bend over backward to keep working with his semi-dictatorial party leader). For years they were the only members of the parliamentary faction of FVD before Hiddema (the senior member) went into our version of the Senate while Baudet was the defacto sole ruler of his parliamentary faction.

All the political parties have denounced the Russian invasion and violence BAR ONE political party, you guessed it Forum for Democracy. They are the only party who refuses to denounce the invasion and the Russian violence. He keeps justifying the Russian violence and keeps blaming the Ukrainians for just about anything. You would almost think you were watching a member of a pro-Putin faction in the Russian parliament or watching Russia today/Tucker Carlson.
Tomorrow morning (Thurday the 31st) Zelensky is going to make a speech in our parliament and after he departs there will be a parliamentary session about the speech and the measures the Netherlands may want to take.

That is all political parties will be present for the speech (and you guessed it) BAR ONE political party. The party of Baudet refuses to attend the speech with any member and will boycott the political discussions that follow that speech.

This to the horror and disgust of Hiddema and fellow FVD member Frentop. They have left the party, stopped their membership and will continue in the party as independent senators. Hiddema had in the past few weeks loads of criticism of his party's leader and his pro-Russia comments but the refusal to listen to Zelensky's speech and refusing to do his job in the deliberations that follow the speech has as said broken the "camel's back" and has lead to the party split.

It is high time that Hiddema showed some balls so to speak and finally do what he has been threatening to do, kick Baudet in the privates, give him the middle finger and leave the party.

I posted weeks ago, I have had it with Zelensky.

Enough with his demands and appeals to the masses of good hearted idiots. This is his problem, not ours. Putin is not going into Poland, you choose not to be part of NATO.

Enough with him.

Enough with his demands and appeals to the masses of good hearted idiots. This is his problem, not ours. Putin is not going into Poland, you choose not to be part of NATO.

Enough with him.
Ukraine has been trying to become a part of NATO for years, Ukraine certainly did not choose not to be a part of NATO, it was more NATO doing nothing to allow Ukraine in because NATO did not want to touch the Crimea nd Donbas questions with a ten-foot-pole, but you can't blame Ukraine for not being a part of NATO, they have been trying to join for years.

Ukraine has been trying to become a part of NATO for years, Ukraine certainly did not choose not to be a part of NATO, it was more NATO doing nothing to allow Ukraine in because NATO did not want to touch the Crimea nd Donbas questions with a ten-foot-pole, but you can't blame Ukraine for not being a part of NATO, they have been trying to join for years.

Citation required as I have read from several sources that Ukraine did not think it something they wanted. Now they do.

Ok, I looked it up. I was right. In 2010 Ukraine 🇺🇦 scrapped any intention of joining NATO. In 2014 they changed their minds, guess why?
Still, it was not until 2019 that Ukraine was ready to go forward.
These things take years and was proceeding but the reason they are not in NATO falls squarely on them.

Citation required as I have read from several sources that Ukraine did not think it something they wanted. Now they do.

Poroshenko: Ukraine Seeking NATO Membership Action Plan

From 2018 when Poroshenko was still in charge.

Ukraine President Signs Constitutional Amendment On NATO, EU Membership

Since 2019 joining EU and NATO is part of the Ukrainian constitution.

That time Ukraine tried to join NATO — and NATO said no

This is an article from 2014... and it talks about how Ukraine tried to join NATO already during the Yuschenko years, but at the time Ukrainian society was divided on the issue, and NATO felt that it this couldn't move forward with it (though the real reason was NATO was spooked by Russia's negative reaction, and at the time the West was tryng to repair relations with Russia).

Poroshenko: Ukraine Seeking NATO Membership Action Plan

From 2018 when Poroshenkowas still in charge.

Ukraine President Signs Constitutional Amendment On NATO, EU Membership

Since 2019 joining EU and NATO is part of the Ukrainian constitution.

That time Ukraine tried to join NATO — and NATO said no

This is an article from 2014... and it talks about how Ukraine tried to join NATO already during the Yuschenko years, but at the time Ukrainian society was divided on the issue, and NATO felt that it this couldn't move forward with it (though the real reason was NATO was spooked by Russia's negative reaction, and at the time the West was tryng to repair relations with Russia).

See my follow up post. I explained it in an easy to understand paragraph.

I was right, you were wrong. It is what it is.
Peace.

Enough with him.

That's some grade A victim blaming.
His country has been invaded, his citizens are being raped, tortured and executed, his cities are being destroyed and it has nothing to do with Ukraine not being in NATO. IT has everything to do with Russia being an authoritarian, thuggish klepto-fascist nation.

That's some grade A victim blaming.
His country has been invaded, his citizens are being raped, tortured and executed, his cities are being destroyed and it has nothing to do with Ukraine not being in NATO. IT has everything to do with Russia being an authoritarian, thuggish klepto-fascist nation.
Yes, you are his target market. He wants an emotional response not a pragmatic one.

Back
Top Bottom