• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dutch MP Geert Wilders' anti-Islam film sparks protests

R

Rachel

Dutch MP Geert Wilders' anti-Islam film sparks protests

Controversial Dutch MP Geert Wilders has shown his anti-Islam film in the UK's House of Lords, sparking angry scenes outside Parliament.

About 200 members of the English Defence League marched in support of Mr Wilders as police tried to keep apart anti-fascist counter-protesters.

The Met Police said 50 people, mostly counter-protesters, were arrested.

Freedom Party leader Mr Wilders, previously banned from the UK, says Islam and democracy are "incompatible".

The politician attempted to enter Britain last February, but was ordered to fly back to the Netherlands hours later. In October, the ban was overturned.

'Welcome to stay'

Mr Wilders said the film and subsequent discussion was attended by about 60 people.

At a press conference afterwards, he called for an end to immigration to Europe from Islamic countries, but said Muslims who agreed to obey the law of the land would be welcome to stay.

Several hundred members of the English Defence League (EDL) marched past the Houses of Parliament in support of the Dutch politician.

Flanked by mounted police, they chanted football songs and waved Cross of St George flags.

They were kept apart from dozens of anti-fascist demonstrators, who gathered outside the Houses of Parliament, by police officers.

The Unite Against Fascism organisation protested against the visit of Mr Wilders and the EDL march.

The Dutch politician is a guest of cross-bencher Baroness Cox and UK Independence Party leader Lord Pearson.

Lady Cox said the visit had been a victory for free speech, saying: "You don't have to agree but it is important to debate sensibly in a responsible and very democratic way."

The Home Office said it is opposed to "extremism in all its forms".

A spokesman said the government "regrets the decision by Baroness Cox and Lord Pearson to invite Geert Wilders to the House of Lords for a private showing of his film Fitna".

"However, we currently have no reason to deny Mr Wilders admission to the UK," he added.

Controversial film

The Freedom Party recently made major gains in local elections in the Netherlands, becoming the biggest party in the medium-sized city of Almere and the second largest in The Hague, which is the country's political capital.

The Dutch MP has called the Koran a "fascist book".

His film caused outrage across the Muslim world when it was posted on the internet in 2008.

Fitna's opening scenes show a copy of the Koran followed by footage of the 9/11 attacks in the US and the bombings in Madrid in 2004 and London in 2005.

Mr Wilders has had 24-hour protection for the past five years after receiving death threats for his views.

The Dutch politician had been due to show his film at the House of Lords last year when the then Home Secretary Jacqui Smith said his presence had the potential to "threaten community harmony and therefore public safety", prompting the ban on him entering the country.

BBC News - Dutch MP Geert Wilders' anti-Islam film sparks protests

Wow, so much noise over a film!!! I would like someone to try to explain to me why people are so scared of this film. I watched it and although I think it is a little simplistic, it is certainly not racist. And frankly I don't think Geert Wilders is racist.

It's interesting that the Baroness invited a Dutch MP to show his film in the House of Lords in Britain. I suppose this has become an issue outside the Netherlands now as well. And I had no idea Britain had banned a Dutch MP from visiting Britain. What was that about? They actually banned this guy from entering the UK? :confused:

I watched this interview with him on the BBC and he doesn't sound like a racist to me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6cFKQNBH3s&feature=related"]YouTube- Geert Wilders on BBC Hardtalk, part 1[/ame]

I find this all very confusing to say the least. I always support an open debate on all matters, and this debate about this film suggests to me that some people would like to censor this guy, like the way some people wanted to censor newspapers that printed the cartoon of Mohammed.

Last edited:
Wow, so much noise over a film!!! I would like someone to try to explain to me why people are so scared of this film. I watched it and although I think it is a little simplistic, it is certainly not racist. And frankly I don't think Geert Wilders is racist.

It's interesting that the Baroness invited a Dutch MP to show his film in the House of Lords in Britain. I suppose this has become an issue outside the Netherlands now as well. And I had no idea Britain had banned a Dutch MP from visiting Britain. What was that about? They actually banned this guy from entering the UK? :confused:

I watched this interview with him on the BBC and he doesn't sound like a racist to me.

YouTube- Geert Wilders on BBC Hardtalk, part 1

I find this all very confusing to say the least. I always support an open debate on all matters, and this debate about this film suggests to me that some people would like to censor this guy, like the way some people wanted to censor newspapers that printed the cartoon of Mohammed.

Mr Wilders should visit the former Dutch colony of Indonesia, it is the largest Muslim country in the world and...it is a democracy

I wonder what the problem was. These Lordships would have been intelligent enough to form their own conclusions without being told what to think by the likes of bullish Lord Ahmed or the shouting righteous of the anti fascist brigade. (Just 'cos they've got no more Cold War missile bases to riot over for the benefit of jittery Soviets, they have to find some other 'misunderstood' bullies to stand up for.)

And it's also ironic how selective the rowdy Left are in who they target for abuse or defence. Quite hypocritical actually. Fitna outlines the severe oppression of women in orthodox Islam. Leftists indulge in a nice holohoax-style denial of that, yet positively drip with vitriol over perceived inequalities in Western societies: for example, screams about how British institutions have too many white people in them, or how women shouldn't feel forced by convention to wear bras or skirts or stay away from the Priesthood.

No wonder I come out with all guns blazing about the Left, with so many acting like spoilt children and little dictators.

TRICKS OF TAQUIYYA: "We're just as outraged as you are....."

On a related note, consistency is an optional extra for the Muslims as well. It's funny that the Muslim world 'erupts' for the sake of a cartoon or short film which even many other Westerners can't take at face value. So on that ticket you would expect the Muslim world to positively burst with indignation and protest when the bombs go off, antisemitic cartoons get printed in Muslim lands, Western cities get trashed or the Jews get blamed for 9/11, but no....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPacwjv3TeE"]YouTube- An Interview Politically Correct Britain Would Never Allow On The Airwaves[/ame]

You little Muslim tinkers:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...supreme-protector-no-respect-some-people.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/67456-islamists-now-germany.html

Last edited:
"anti" fascist protesters? If these supporters for totalitarian Islam had their way, any criticism of Islam would be verbotten.

Orwell must be rolling in his grave.

"anti" fascist protesters? If these supporters for totalitarian Islam had their way, any criticism of Islam would be verbotten.

Under our New Labour apparatchiks, as well as other quisling governments in the West, that's well well underway.....

United Nations Ban Criticism of Islam Freedom Ain’t Free & Take Our Country Back

Gutless LSE bans Islam critic Douglas Murray for 'security reasons' – Telegraph Blogs

Islam Watch - "Islam and Intellectual Terrorism" by Ibn Warraq

BBC NEWS | UK | UK Politics | New effort to ban religious hate

New 'Equality' laws ban criticism or discrimination against any religion or adherent, even only if someone perceives an offence. In real life this means that people can be prosecuted for criticising the death cult of Islam and questions why there is no Reformation. You can use the legislation to force Christian schools to take in Muslims, but just you watch your back when lambasting imams for keeping out Christians and calling them apes.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnOdD46WI0M"]YouTube- This is what Muslim Children are taught in Britain[/ame]

"There is no hate in our beautiful, clean schools or religion....." Taqiyya, Taqiyya, Taqiyya.....! Fundamental Islam is a religion of genocide and dehamanisation of the non-Naz, er non-Muslims. But on the other hand you just have to take it in context to see it's full beauty!

Let's see the massive swathe of supremacist Muslims in this country be prosecuted for inciting religious hatred against Jews or given diversity training for their absolute contempt for Britain:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srigEkBRf7o"]YouTube- What muslims want 1/7[/ame]

That gonna happen Ms. Harman? Ms. Harman...?

Last edited:
Mr Wilders should visit the former Dutch colony of Indonesia, it is the largest Muslim country in the world and...it is a democracy

Perhaps he should.

I agree with you that Indonesia is a democracy. Unlike many other Islamic states like Saudi Arabia, Sudan, or Iran. Perhaps he really should go to Muslim countries and show his film and discuss it with their Imams.

Although maybe the thought of being beheaded has forced him to postpone his visits to certain countries for now. I mean, in light of all the death threats.

But what I find strange is the debate in Europe about this film and about the views Geert Wilders expressed. Why is it that the British Home Secretary found it necessary to ban a Dutch MP from entering the UK? What is it about this film that makes some people in Europe so uncomfortable? And why were people protesting against his visit to the House of Lords?

His ideas don't seem that extreme at all. He would probably be considered boring and even a moderate by Fox News. He certainly wouldn't be put on trial in the US, and many other countries for that matter, for making a documentary like this. Isn't this protected by freedom of speech laws in the Netherlands?

Here's the film. I suppose since this is what started this whole thing I should also post this here:[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgQdZgojOFI&feature=related"]YouTube- Fitna part 1/4 English Geert Wilders![/ame]

Islam's a Religion of Peace - so much so they'll kill you for denying it!

I think Roy Chubby Brown put it best when he said that Muslim women feeling obliged to wear the burkha for their culture is comparible to the culture of the Ku Klux Klan, only with different coloured sheets.

(I'm not sure the mods may allow the video up, so go to Youtube and paste CHUBBY BROWN ON POLITICAL CORRECTNESS into the bar.)

Last edited:
Perhaps he should.

I agree with you that Indonesia is a democracy. Unlike many other Islamic states like Saudi Arabia, Sudan, or Iran. Perhaps he really should go to Muslim countries and show his film and discuss it with their Imams.

Although maybe the thought of being beheaded has forced him to postpone his visits to certain countries for now. I mean, in light of all the death threats.

But what I find strange is the debate in Europe about this film and about the views Geert Wilders expressed. Why is it that the British Home Secretary found it necessary to ban a Dutch MP from entering the UK? What is it about this film that makes some people in Europe so uncomfortable? And why were people protesting against his visit to the House of Lords?

His ideas don't seem that extreme at all. He would probably be considered boring and even a moderate by Fox News. He certainly wouldn't be put on trial in the US, and many other countries for that matter, for making a documentary like this. Isn't this protected by freedom of speech laws in the Netherlands?

Here's the film. I suppose since this is what started this whole thing I should also post this here:YouTube- Fitna part 1/4 English Geert Wilders!

He was banned because Lord Ahmed believed at the time that it would be used as an excuse - that is by the BNP and radical Islamists to stir people up. He was already awaiting trial in the Netherlands. We have a sensitive situation with our Muslim population at the moment, not least because some people like to see them all as radicals and terrorists when this is a very small section.

He appealed the ban and won.

The film is offensive and is rather like a cartoon kind of YouTube film. It is not real.

However as you will see the Muslims of the UK have worked very well on this. When Wilder visited a few months ago there was only a group of 40 extremists protesting and from what I read the protests were from the EDL possibly the BNP and anti fascists, so what I am wondering is more what you are making all the fuss for.

Last edited:
"We have a sensitive situation with our Muslim population at the moment" - now there's the understatement of the year.

It's not the rioters on the streets you should worry about in the long run. Even the Labour Party, crippled by its own internal Islamic fifth-column, can try to sort that problem out with the usual police.

The Muslims who put in the best efforts to radicalise the young, or blow things up, were all supposedly good old 'British' boys. They helped handicapped kids, worked as doctors, played cricket and looked after their good old mums.

Older Muslims tend to want a life in peace, but a whopping segment of the younger generation admit there is nothing wrong with their religion's extremism and the Islamification of Britain. These are the people who are usually dormant until they see their moment to strike out, often backed by regimes abroad. And thank God they're usually acting in relatively small groups when they do.

So all this talk about things being hijacked by the EDL or BNP is just a fob-off, all to make people think the problems are just localised and marginalised. And the rest of the Muslim Establishment needs to work damn hard to push out the extremists from their sub-society if they're so damn serious about being benign. Otherwise what are we meant to think.....?

Killing for religion is justified, say third of Muslim students - Telegraph

Guardian Unlimited | UK Latest | '40% of UK Muslims' want Sharia Law

BBC NEWS | UK | 'More Muslims radicalised' in UK , etc, etc.

....And these are just the people brash enough to speak their poisoned minds.

"The film is offensive and is rather like a cartoon kind of YouTube film. It is not real." - Holohoax, holohoax!

Last edited:
He was banned because Lord Ahmed threatened parliament with an army of his fellow islamists .

fixed it for ya.

There is a Previous and Long Running String about Wilders here. (of course)
Jan 17- Feb 18.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/64309-dutch-free-speech.html

Most memorable post for me (#235 Karl Rove) containing the true 'prophet' Pat Condell (PBUH).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96ZUZ9CPZII"]YouTube- The crooked judges of Amsterdam[/ame]

and In which I posted:
A Little Fun with it.. and some comment.

DUTCH COURT TO PROCEED WITH POLITICAL KANGAROO PROCEEDINGS AGAINST GEERT WILDERS.......

kanagroo+DUTCH+court.jpg

Tundra Tabloids.......
TundraTabloid.blogspot

Wilders on trial (.com)
among Many, Many others.

Last edited:

Orwell must be rolling in his grave.

Everyone can (or at least should be allowed to) criticize Islam and any other religion, because sometimes they are against important principles like equality of men and women. That's why I am strongly opposed to the burqa.

But on the other hand, Wilders goes really far, he says things like "Islam is not compatible with democracy" while it is not the case (I have cited the example of Indonesia).

It's good to criticize, but when you do it, you should use good arguments.

He was banned because Lord Ahmed believed at the time that it would be used as an excuse - that is by the BNP and radical Islamists to stir people up. He was already awaiting trial in the Netherlands. We have a sensitive situation with our Muslim population at the moment, not least because some people like to see them all as radicals and terrorists when this is a very small section.

He appealed the ban and won.

The film is offensive and is rather like a cartoon kind of YouTube film. It is not real.

However as you will see the Muslims of the UK have worked very well on this. When Wilder visited a few months ago there was only a group of 40 extremists protesting and from what I read the protests were from the EDL possibly the BNP and anti fascists, so what I am wondering is more what you are making all the fuss for.

What in it wasn't real?

The quotes from the Koran? The pictures from terror attacks? Or those Imams he showed?

Sorry if it seems to you like I'm making a fuss. IMHO it seems like a strange story when a Dutch MP is put on trial for making a documentary using actual authentic quotes from the Koran and shows several Imams making hateful speeches. Seems like they want to silence him. Although I guess some people see it differently since they invited him to show his film in the House of Lords.

And the BBC thought it was important enough to put this story on their website so I don't see what's wrong with discussing it? I'm not trying to make a fuss. I saw a story and I wanted to discuss it here.

, Wilders goes really far, he says things like "Islam is not compatible with democracy".

Meanwhile, at gatherings across the U.K., signs are held up calling for beheading those who insult Islam, advocating genocide of Jews, and promising an overthrow of the U.K.

Yep, that little statement by Wilders sure looks outrageous in comparison :roll:

More gold from Pat Condell:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elx8d6frbeI"]YouTube- Ivan Canas: OUTRAGEOUS! The United Kingdom has quietly sanctioned powers for sharia judges. The problem here is not the approval but the sneaky way. British National Party will gain more seats! Please read the 'more info' section[/ame]

So much for Harmony.

Meanwhile, at gatherings across the U.K., signs are held up calling for beheading those who insult Islam, advocating genocide of Jews, and promising an overthrow of the U.K.

Yep, that little statement by Wilders sure looks outrageous in comparison :roll:

Those who do it should be condemned, but they are 0,0000001% of the Muslims. Maybe it's hard to figure it out because in the newspapers you only see these ones, but it's not the reality. It's as if you said that all the Americans were racists because a few thousands of them are members of the KKK.

Now, I don't expect you to give a lot of credit to what I'm going to say because it sounds PC etc...but I know a few muslims and they're good guys. One of them is a student, he comes from Morroco, he is muslim but he drinks alcohol and I'm not even sure he never eats pork. Another one is a bartender from Syria, I don't know if he drinks alcohol but he is one of the most sympathic guys I have ever met. And a two others are Pakistani shopkeepers, they look a bit more religious but they are the most polite and friendly people you could imagine.

Now, it's sure that there is still an integration problem with many of them, but that does not make Islam evil, as Wilders tends to say.

Islam is indeed evil. As was Nazism, but there were many decent Germans who joined the Nazis who ended up repulsed when they found out what Hitler and his system actually meant.

We've all had Muslim friends in the real world, the bustling towns, who have been like ordinary decent normal people. Doesn't change a thing.

0,0000001%?! I think you'd better read the huge skipful of evidence to the contrary. Those people in attendance may have been a handful of all the Muslims in Britain but that doesn't mean they are the only ones with such sentiments. A little bit of liberal mindbending soon straightened out there.

Don't criticise Islam..... you'll only end up the worse for wear both legally and at the hands of the Believers.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJKRF2uB8xU&feature=related"]YouTube- Shame on The Netherlands[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=det7TUsLy8U"]YouTube- Muslim protestors insult Geert Wilders[/ame]

Islam is nice and alright, despite the so-called evidence which can be interpreted in all kinds of ways! Why are you so stupid?!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFuJz0hA5rc&feature=related"]YouTube- Jihad Watch: The "Islam is Peace" Campaign[/ame]

3:00 "Fight the prejudiced unbelievers wherever you find them, and let's keep YOUR commentary rammed firmly in the faces of the mainstream, and THE WORLD."

Last edited:
Those who do it should be condemned, but they are 0.0000001% of the Muslims.

My goodness, there are a lot of muslims in the U.K.

I didn't realize they ran into the the billions!

My goodness, there are a lot of muslims in the U.K.

I didn't realize they ran into the the billions!

they tend to reproduce quickly

Those who do it should be condemned, but they are 0,0000001% of the Muslims. Maybe it's hard to figure it out because in the newspapers you only see these ones, but it's not the reality. It's as if you said that all the Americans were racists because a few thousands of them are members of the KKK.

Back the completely Baseless strawman.. and wrong by an infinite amout ".0000001%" BS I see.

A closer estimate can easily be Measured:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...zero-tolerance-homosexuality-0-fer-500-a.html

A Majority of Muslims ARE literalist to the KoranKoranKoran which is a hateful treatise.
-

Last edited:
That poll was homosexuality. How is it related to the number of muslims who support genocide or the Sharia?

Does this look like .0000001% to you?

Poll reveals 40pc of Muslims want sharia law in UK - Telegraph

Sqooooooooooooooooooosh

And that's in the 'moderate' UK. Wanna try a guess at the Middle East number?

It's realy UNbelievable the crap you try and foist here and sadly actually believe.
And well after many rebuttals of this ".000001%" LIE.
-

Last edited:
That poll was homosexuality. How is it related to the number of muslims who support genocide or the sharia?

Your statement indicated that there is 1, that is ONE SINGLE Muslim in the entire world who supports such and such. :roll:

The issue, however, isn't how many Muslims do or do not support anything, but what you would allow Muslims to say compared to Wilders.

Back
Top Bottom