• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dutch crime reporter/owner of law practice/spokesperson/tv personality shot on street

Peter King

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
At around 19.30 Amsterdam time, 13.30 New York time, just after he was left the television studio of RTL Boulevard (a show he is often on) Peter R. de Vries was walking to the parking structure where he had left his car. A gunman shot the 64 year old journalist in the head, the gunman shot 5 bullets at him. How many times he was struck is not known, but he is fighting for his life in hospital.

Immediately after the shooting a NL alert was sent out with the description of the gunman and a short time later a getaway car was stopped on the freeway and two people were arrested in connection with the shooting and sometime later a third suspect was arrested.

De Vries was known for being friendly with one or more kidnappers of Heineken. Later he fell out with one of the biggest criminals in the country known as "the nose". He has been threatened often but refused (as far as we know) personal protection by the police.

He is known in the US possibly for his hunting down of the presumed killer of Natalee Holloway.

In the Netherlands at this time there is a trail going on called the Marengo trial in which Ridouan T. is being prosecuted for being a crime boss, killings for hire and all other kinds of criminal acts. The man was arrested in the Middle East where he thought he had gotten out of the hands of Dutch justice but he was declared an unwanted foreigner and brought back to the Netherlands.

At this moment little is known, the police/prosecution/mayor had a press conference to give out some information (mentioned above) and afterwards our version of the attorney journal and the prime minister held a short press conference.

More will hopefully get known but the situation is grave, he was given CPR at the scene and on video's and pictures on social media/the internet show that is very bloody and very disturbing material.

****ing dirtbag idiots with their mobile phones, immediately after the shooting idiots who had filmed his bloody shot through the head body started spreading the images around on social media. **** them all and I hope they can be found out and prosecuted for this or at least punished by social media for their disgusting behavior.

Besides these animals there were also very good people, a picture not showing Peter's body was placed in the newspaper with a lady holding his hand so that if he would die he would feel someone holding his hand/had someone holding his hand.

All that is known now is that he is still fighting for his life in hospital. The suspected gunman was arrested because the public had seen him run away and get into a runaway car, that runaway car was stopped on the freeway and the occupants were arrested. One good thing, this is an area with a high number of police CCTV so hopefully they will have enough evidence to jail the criminals who did this.

You know what?

With states incriminating more and more victimless deeds, more and more ordinary individuals find themselves accused of being "criminals" for "committing" completely harmless deeds(and sometimes are falsely accused of more serious deeds) - actually they are the victims of a very vicious totalitarian system!

Such journos only serve the totalitarian system! They pretty much deserve whatever bad thing happens to them!

Ok
You know what?

With states incriminating more and more victimless deeds, more and more ordinary individuals find themselves accused of being "criminals" for "committing" completely harmless deeds(and sometimes are falsely accused of more serious deeds) - actually they are the victims of a very vicious totalitarian system!

Such journos only serve the totalitarian system! They pretty much deserve whatever bad thing happens to them!
Ok, I think I understand that you feel this man deserved to be shot (with a very illegal firearm but let’s not go too far afield of the thread for the moment).

I get it. Vigilantes working within the framework of your ethical system need to neutralize the “enemies” to achieve your notion of social justice.

Wow!

Best of luck to you in your battle with an afterlife consequence or just plain karma.

I am out dude!

****ing dirtbag idiots with their mobile phones, immediately after the shooting idiots who had filmed his bloody shot through the head body started spreading the images around on social media. **** them all and I hope they can be found out and prosecuted for this or at least punished by social media for their disgusting behavior.

In Australia, the police pulled over a guy in a speeding Porsche only for their car to be hit by a truck.....all four officers died.

The cretin then filmed them as they died.

he has been sentenced to ten months in jail.

I get it. Vigilantes working within the framework of your ethical system need to neutralize the “enemies” to achieve your notion of social justice.
NO! I don't like vigilantes at all! Actually, if we think about it, the journo was sort of a "vigilante" who met a real criminal! Tough luck!

I'm a lot more concerned by the ever increasing totalitarianism embraced by the Western world than by criminals - more and more criminalized deeds(almost all of them victimless or very trivial), more and more regulation, more and more surveillance, more and more taxes and restrictions and so on. At the other end of the spectrum, cops/proscutors/judges get more and more power and are less and less responsible of their actions, to the point that some of them enjoy near absolute immunity! We entered a new a era of modern totalitarianism! This should be our main concern, not ordinary "criminals"!

I'm a lot more concerned by the ever increasing totalitarianism embraced by the Western world

Here in Australia, we haven't had a death from Covid since October 2020. We currently have a few infections but the response from government has been overwhelmingly harsh....with lockdowns, inter-state travel bans etc.

Businesses are failing as a result and the effect on the mental health of millions of people can only be imagined.

Politicians have far too much power to restrict our lives and take actions that destroy people's means of earning a living.

My sister informed me that in Curacao you have ZERO rights as a victim of an accident or crime, people can film you 100% of the time, recognizable and all and there is nothing you can do about it when they spread it to every single person on the island or the world.

In the Netherlands if you slow down in your car to make a video from an accident you get a nice fat fine.

no news is good news. there is still no update about the health of Peter R. de Vries.

One of the suspects is a Polish person who was stopped by the police last time for accusations of threatening with a firearm. His car was stopped and searched but no weapon was found.

The area where the suspects live is somewhat connected to some with the criminal Ridouan T.

Taghi's suspected crimes include ordering the murder of Redouan B. (brother of crown witness Nabil B.) and of Nabil B.'s lawyer, Derk Wiersum.[The latter was considered an attack on the Dutch legal system.

Documents produced by The United States' Drug Enforcement Agency, the DEA, were sent to the Dutch police exposed what would be a super drug cartel headed by Ridouan Taghi, Raffaele Imperiale (Camorra's drugs and arms dealer), Daniel Kinahan (Irish reputed gang boss) and Edin G. (Bosnian drug trafficker). The group was observed by the DEA having meetings in the Burj Al Arab hotel in Dubai, where the base of the alleged cartel is stationed. The meetings took place in 2017, however, it only reached the Dutch media in October 2019. The DEA regards this as one of the world's fifty largest drug cartels, with virtually a monopoly over the Peruvian cocaine controlling around a third of the cocaine trade in all of Europe. Yet, according to the DEA documents, the destination for all the drugs shipments would be the Dutch ports.

Taghi managed to evade capture by constantly altering his appearance and using false passports and visas. He was arrested in Dubai on 16 December 2019. As the Netherlands does not have an extradition treaty with Dubai, Taghi was deported three days after his arrest; based on him being declared a persona non grata by the emirate, as he had entered it under a false identity. He is being held at Nieuw Vosseveld in Vuht, waiting for his trial in 2020.

He is on trial in De Bunker.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ridouan_Taghi

You know what?

What an incredibly asinine post.

Ok

Ok, I think I understand that you feel this man deserved to be shot (with a very illegal firearm but let’s not go too far afield of the thread for the moment).

Wow!

Best of luck to you in your battle with an afterlife consequence or just plain karma.

I am out dude!
With people like that one, it's best not to even get in.

Keeping my fingers crossed for De Vries.

What an incredibly asinine post.
Morons like that journo helped totalitarian "authorities" in spreading propaganda related to VICTIMLESS CRIMES(promoting the concept) and sometimes helped them apprehend victims of the totalitarian system(persons regarded as "criminals" solely because the system says so - nearly all "drug" related "crimes" - not because they committed malum in se deeds[like murder, beatings, theft, forgery, fraud, etc.] - which are always regarded as crimes regardless of time and place)

It's far more asinine to call yourself "libertarian" and to take the side of such anti-libertarian journos! ;)

De Vries busted open the total involvement of the CIA in Haiti centered international drug smuggling and also trafficking .

He visited the President before flying home .

de Vries was gunned down by a drug syndicate soldier and 8 hours later the Presient was eliminated . Not coincidence unless you also believe that the CIA is above such filth .

As ever , follow the money . That always means drugs and trafficking .

Morons like that journo helped totalitarian "authorities" in spreading propaganda related to VICTIMLESS CRIMES(promoting the concept) and sometimes helped them apprehend victims of the totalitarian system(persons regarded as "criminals" solely because the system says so - nearly all "drug" related "crimes" - not because they committed malum in se deeds[like murder, beatings, theft, forgery, fraud, etc.] - which are always regarded as crimes regardless of time and place)

It's far more asinine to call yourself "libertarian" and to take the side of such anti-libertarian journos! ;)

Ah, you don't like crimes exposed.

You do know "victimless crime" is still crime. Right?

If you don't like the laws work to change them.

And what "victimless" crime did this journalist expose that justified his being shot?

De Vries busted open the total involvement of the CIA in Haiti centered international drug smuggling and also trafficking .

He visited the President before flying home .

de Vries was gunned down by a drug syndicate soldier and 8 hours later the Presient was eliminated . Not coincidence unless you also believe that the CIA is above such filth .

As ever , follow the money . That always means drugs and trafficking .

Conspiracy Theory forum - - - - - - - - >

You never think of the Netherlands of having crime bosses. At least ones who could carry out an assassination.

I wonder if Sweden has a mafia. That's amusing for some reason.

You never think of the Netherlands of having crime bosses. At least ones who could carry out an assassination.

Any country that has the biggest sea port in Europe will attract the drug traffickers.

1. Amsterdam Airport

2. Rotterdam harbor

3. Moroccan criminals

4. free transport of goods and people in the Schengen area

That spells drugs drugs drugs, and with drugs come crime bosses. And then we are not talking about the cannabis trade and the production of XTC.

Conspiracy Theory forum - - - - - - - - >
You hate the facts .

But I guess old folks need to keep calm in these worrying times . Particularly if they have been double jabbed with the poison Spike .

You hate the facts .

But I guess old folks need to keep calm in these worrying times . Particularly if they have been double jabbed with the poison Spike .
Well then please provide the link where it says he was in Haiti.

Back
Top Bottom