• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Duplicate replies

MaryP

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Is anyone else finding that after they reply to a thread, the same reply stays in memory so it has to be deleted before you reply agaIn?

I have had that happen occasionally, Mary.

I have had that happen occasionally, Mary.
It happened all day yesterday, but not today. At first I thought it was something I was doing, but I haven't done anything different and it stopped, so I'm thinking it wasn't operator error. Just curious if I was the only one.

Is anyone else finding that after they reply to a thread, the same reply stays in memory so it has to be deleted before you reply agaIn?
That's never happened to me.

Keeping an eye on this. I've not had this issue or heard of it.

Also, if you could be more specific on how it occurs it might help.

I had this once some time ago (before the software change here IIRC).

Clearing the browser cache settled the issue.

No idea how it occurred in the first place.

P.S. Also set my browser to clear cache every time I turn it off, so next morning is another day automatically.

I've found this to be the case only when I start a post in one tab, and finish posting it from another. Then if the other tab autosaved the draft, it will be there even after the post was posted.

Not sure if this is happening for the same reason, but we are having quite a few internet connection issues. I.e., posting in one thread but, because the connection is slow to none existing, I end up in the wrong forum. I am sure the problem is on our end, but please forgive posts that make no sense at all.

Back
Top Bottom