• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dungeons and Dragons

What the 1st room in the hive will look like, plus whatever NPC guards they were able to save from the mining camp.
Hive Room 1A.jpg

Got some more painting done. My 6 yo wanted to join so I got her a Hafling Barbarian, which she named Lucy.
Hobgoblin vs Halfling Barb.jpg

Started playing D&D in grade school, and carried through into college. Used to drive my mother nuts - she was convinced I was in my room inviting demons into her house while I designed dungeons and campaigns. Used to love playing chaotic neutral thieves, not least because we had a guy playing a paladin and he was DEEP into making sure he abided by his lawful good alignment. Sometimes I'd pass the DM lank notes just to drive the paladin nuts - he would check his purse with paranoid frequency, convinced I was pickpocketing him. ;)

Would be interested in playing again but it's too hard to find consistent groups. I would go with a druid or a monk this time around. Still not much interested in good alignments.

I love D&D, I played it fairly regularly in grad school and such. Had some epic characters. But mostly, I don't get much time these days for it, sadly. But it's a great game and great fun to play. Many arguments about math, lol.

I'm close to the point where I'm comfortable with the rules for running the campaign so I'm now creating makeshift stuff to use for now. I created a board using Microsoft Xcel (made sure to get them 1" square) and mounted a 4 sheets on a piece of cardboard and cut out some background pieces. Also painted two of my daughter's characters.

View attachment 67349648
View attachment 67349649
You seem pretty committed to this. Have you considered getting a 3d printer? They can be had for pretty cheap now ($200~) and are amazing for printing out custom or community made characters and props. I use mine for all sorts of other tinkering, but in the campaign I'm in right now (curse of Straad) I'm printing out a Straad and I've printed my own character. You don't even have to know anything about 3d modeling. You can download all sorts of great models.

You seem pretty committed to this. Have you considered getting a 3d printer? They can be had for pretty cheap now ($200~) and are amazing for printing out custom or community made characters and props. I use mine for all sorts of other tinkering, but in the campaign I'm in right now (curse of Straad) I'm printing out a Straad and I've printed my own character. You don't even have to know anything about 3d modeling. You can download all sorts of great models.
It's my Christmas present from my wife ;)

Back
Top Bottom