• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dumpster Fire Trump

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
lol...It goes from bad to worse.

20-swing-state-ad-spending.w529.h352.jpg

Meanwhile, Bloomberg reports that Trump mistakenly identified the perpetrator of the mass shooting in Orlando as foreign-born because “Staffers had accidentally uploaded the wrong version of the speech into the teleprompters.” Also, “Trump doesn't carry a mobile phone or use e-mail, giving staff in close proximity—most often Lewandowsi—greater influence.” It’s probably helpful for Trump that a rank amateur like Lewandowski is gone. But when the candidate is also a rank amateur and can be manipulated by whichever staffer happens to be in close physical proximity, and fails to use modern communications tools, then you have a garbage fire that is going to keep burning for a while.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/06/today-in-trump-campaign-is-a-garbage-fire.html

Considering that less people are watching TV then ever the importance of TV ads is less than it has been in decades. Furthermore, many people block ads on other sources like the internet.

Also, who in the **** likes political ads? Anyone? I find them annoying and many times childish drivel.

Considering that less people are watching TV then ever the importance of TV ads is less than it has been in decades. Furthermore, many people block ads on other sources like the internet.

Also, who in the **** likes political ads? Anyone? I find them annoying and many times childish drivel.

OK, so next question I guess is that do you feel Trump's going to win by not spending any money on ads?

Edit: Or is it, "Dump Trump, I hope all of that money goes to state and Congressional races."

OK, so next question I guess is that do you feel Trump's going to win by not spending any money on ads?

I'm not sure what the effectiveness of ads really are. I can't imagine mindlessly attacking your opponent during an ad does much to bring in supporters. Even still though, I imagine they help to some degree and not doing any ads at all is likely not advisable.

I agree with this, but unfortunately ads do tend to work, although they often balance out when both sides run them. The type of people who are targeted aren't those spending time on a political debate site though.

Yep - he & his campaign got troubles everywhere including in the polls, and Bernie hasn't even coalesced the party around her yet.

Yep - he & his campaign got troubles everywhere including in the polls, and Bernie hasn't even coalesced the party around her yet.

I was almost convinced that conventional wisdom is wrong and that Trump had an even money chance of winning. But everything the last few weeks from Trump's comments and everyone's reaction to them, to his campaign woes, to polling makes it look like this matchup may end up what everyone thought it would be, with Clinton as the heavy favorite.

I was almost convinced that conventional wisdom is wrong and that Trump had an even money chance of winning. But everything the last few weeks from Trump's comments and everyone's reaction to them, to his campaign woes, to polling makes it look like this matchup may end up what everyone thought it would be, with Clinton as the heavy favorite.

Well if that's the case we might better stock up on food and ammunition before Hillary transforms America into a liberal utopia like Chavez did for Venezuela.

Well if that's the case we might better stock up on food and ammunition before Hillary transforms America into a liberal utopia like Chavez did for Venezuela.

Meh. Republican House and/or Senate should mitigate any damage she could do. I don't agree with her on much anything, but I don't think any drastic harm will come of it. I don't think Trump would be much if at all better anyway. At least Hillary winning doesn't guarantee 8 years of misery with Trump v Democrat all but assured in 2020 if he wins.

Trump has the lowest poll numbers than any presidential candidate since 1980.

He has been asking for emergency infusion of ad money from his Campaign donors about $100,000 which is odd for someone to beg for money who supposedly has billions. Kind of makes sense why he doesn't want to share his tax records. But as everything Trump his campaign is nothing but gold painted turd!

so nothing new here

Diving Mullah

Meh. Republican House and/or Senate should mitigate any damage she could do. I don't agree with her on much anything, but I don't think any drastic harm will come of it. I don't think Trump would be much if at all better anyway. At least Hillary winning doesn't guarantee 8 years of misery with Trump v Democrat all but assured in 2020 if he wins.

And if democrats manage to win the house and senate this year?

And if democrats manage to win the house and senate this year?

They'll probably win the Senate, still very unlikely they pull off the 30 seats necessary for the House. But even if they do several of the pickups will be moderate to conservadems who still won't do anything to drastic.

Grrrr. Yeah, exactly.

Far worse is it's likely the next president will be picking between 2-4 SCOTUS appointments. Can anyone say far left judicial activist SCOTUS?

Taking into account the MoE, they are within 2 points of each other. Check me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a dead heat?

No. Within the MoE is a dead heat. Without it means that you're down even if all the error is against your candidate, which is unlikely. 6% is not an impenetrable obstacle, but it's not a dead heat.

Taking into account the MoE, they are within 2 points of each other. Check me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a dead heat?

No. Within the MoE is a dead heat. Without it means that you're down even if all the error is against your candidate, which is unlikely. 6% is not an impenetrable obstacle, but it's not a dead heat.

Come see, come sa.

Pretty dam close all things considered, and certainly not as one sided as some who are porting on polls want to make it seem.

Grrrr. Yeah, exactly.

Far worse is it's likely the next president will be picking between 2-4 SCOTUS appointments. Can anyone say far left judicial activist SCOTUS?

Does anyone that is not left actually trust the left to respect the constitution? No. The left hates the first, second, fourth, fifth, sixth, and tenth amendment, and everyone should be aware of that fact by now.

Come see, come sa.

Pretty dam close all things considered, and certainly not as one sided as some who are porting on polls want to make it seem.

Maybe. But a lot of those undecideds really are Sanders supporters who are probably unlikely to end up with Trump. I definitely see a significant Hillary advantage.

It's looking that way, but there's a lot of electioneering left (though I'm not anticipating Mr. Trump to win).

But if the pattern we're seeing continues, the GOP have got to be furious! It would mean that Trump peaked just in time to steal their nomination, but lose the election! :doh

"Timing is Everything"!

Back
Top Bottom