• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Dump Trumpers Starting To Make Trump Camp Nervous

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

But Booth’s report suggests that Trump’s campaign is now taking the insurgent group seriously. Colorado delegate Regina Thomson said the Trump campaign is using its meager campaign funds to cover travel and lodging costs for volunteers and delegates attending the Cleveland convention to shore up Trump’s support there, rather than using the money against his Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton.

The chances of modifying convention rules to relieve delegates of their obligation to vote for Trump are now “better than even,” and new delegates are contacting the group each day, Thomson said. “That is not a man of integrity,” she said of Trump. “The Republican Party and the American people deserve better.”

Will the Republicans dump Trump? At this late date, will it matter, or is the party toast either way? What do you think?

HERE is proof that TRUMP and his immigration issue is a winner for a nation

friday stock market had UK losing 3.15%... france 6.2%.. germany 6.8%

today monday has it Uk losing 2.5%.... france 3.4% and germany 3.5%

what we see is the money is betting on that the immigration issue harms and UK stopping the immigration issue is harmed less and germany bringing the immigration issue the most harmed the most

HERE is proof that TRUMP and his immigration issue is a winner for a nation

friday stock market had UK losing 3.15%... france 6.2%.. germany 6.8%

today monday has it Uk losing 2.5%.... france 3.4% and germany 3.5%

what we see is the money is betting on that the immigration issue harms and UK stopping the immigration issue is harmed less and germany bringing the immigration issue the most harmed the most

Counter theory: the stock market has EU nations losing worse than the UK because the pound lost a huge chunk of its value, thus making the island nation more competitive in the cheap labor department. They're expecting the quality of life to fall in the UK, and for manufacturing jobs to leave the EU for the cheaper work force.

My theory covers one point that yours did not: regardless of the numbers, all parties involved are suffering. Losing less =/= winning.

If the Republicans change the rule and dump Trump then both parties will be seen as corrupt. I sure won't be voting "R". (I must confess I'm in California where conservatives have zero chance).

Assuming it happens, I see a genuine third party coming out of the Sanders wing and the Trump wing, albeit with a better candidate. People are tired of both parties who are interested in taking care of their own.

No, they will not. :( There will be an abortive stink made at the convention, the Trumpsters will rush in here to claim that Der ELITES Is Stealin Er Votes!!!, and then the Party Elders will put as much pressure as they have to on the delegates to avoid what they will see as chaos.

At this late date, will it matter, or is the party toast either way?

Yup. If the GOP keeps Trump, they lose. If they get rid of Trump, his base throws a fit, conveniently forgets that 30 seconds prior they were insisting that Unity In The Face Of Hillary Was The Most Important Value, and walks. General GOP voters, encouraged by Hannity et al., will believe the narrative about stolen votes, and will balk at supporting the new nominee... and the GOP will lose.

Congratulations, Trump primary voters - you've given us Hillary, either way. On to 2018, and trying to fix the damage we inflicted on ourselves on the cusp of victory.

Will the Republicans dump Trump? At this late date, will it matter, or is the party toast either way? What do you think?

Here's what I think:

1. It's in HuffPo's best interest to write a slanted article against the candidate who stands the best chance to defeat Hillary.

2. The Republican Party Elites are getting desperate...while Trump maintains his supporters.

3. After the convention, any Republicans who pull a "Will" or a "Paulson" will be more than counterbalanced by the "Monster Vote". https://theconservativetreehouse.co...very-pundit-never-discusses-the-monster-vote/

No, they will not. :( There will be an abortive stink made at the convention, the Trumpsters will rush in here to claim that Der ELITES Is Stealin Er Votes!!!, and then the Party Elders will put as much pressure as they have to on the delegates to avoid what they will see as chaos.

Yup. If the GOP keeps Trump, they lose. If they get rid of Trump, his base throws a fit, conveniently forgets that 30 seconds prior they were insisting that Unity In The Face Of Hillary Was The Most Important Value, and walks. General GOP voters, encouraged by Hannity et al., will believe the narrative about stolen votes, and will balk at supporting the new nominee... and the GOP will lose.

Congratulations, Trump primary voters - you've given us Hillary, either way. On to 2018, and trying to fix the damage we inflicted on ourselves on the cusp of victory.
Likely scenario? Possibly. Perhaps probably. But not a given.

Elections are won by electoral votes, not popular vote, and there are 3 swing states that'll put Trump in the catbird seat: OH, PENN, and FL. Even after an absolutely atrocious month, including vehement opposition in his own party, Mr. Trump is still tied in 2 of the 3 swings (OH, PENN), and down only 5 or 6 points in the other (FL).

Trump is an unconventional candidate in an unconventional year, and I believe he should be approached by the Dems in the same manner as a dangerous animal - he can hurt you.

I don't believe he will win, but if he were to I will not be surprised! In betting parlance:

"I wouldn't at this point bet on him in an even 1:1 payout - but given enough odds, I'd throw a spare buck or two at him if I had it to blow".

[I must admit though, I think FL will be his Waterloo - unless he can change the electoral map (doubtable, IMO)]

1. It's in HuffPo's best interest to write a slanted article against the candidate who stands the best chance to defeat Hillary.

That would have been Kasich, or possibly Rubio.

2. The Republican Party Elites are getting desperate...

To the extent that this is so, they see the poll numbers.

while Trump maintains his supporters.

Who are about 37% of the GOP primary electorate, making them about 12% of the vote come November.

3. After the convention, any Republicans who pull a "Will" or a "Paulson" will be more than counterbalanced by the "Monster Vote". https://theconservativetreehouse.co...very-pundit-never-discusses-the-monster-vote/

:lamo

Who are about 37% of the GOP primary electorate, making them about 12% of the vote come November.

Kasich would have had a good chance of defeating Clinton, but that ship has sailed. Congrats, Trump's Chumps, you've given us at least four more years of the Clinton dynasty.

Give it up. They are not candidates. Those guys lost.

Oh...for sure. Especially the poll numbers that they have doctored. LOL!!

Trump's supporters now go beyond some percentage of the GOP primary electorate. Even with the two outliers, the RCP Average only gives Hillary a 6.8 point lead.

Give it up. They are not candidates. Those guys lost.

Oh...for sure. Especially the poll numbers that they have doctored. LOL

:lol: all the polls. Are doctored. Except when they showed Trump winning in the Primary. Then they were good.

Trump's supporters now go beyond some percentage of the GOP primary electorate

.....kinda. If we are talking about the hard-core supporters who would follow him out of the party, then no, not really. If we are talking about those who would vote for him v Hillary, then it comes out to about 40% of the electorate.

And you know the kicker? With ANYONE ELSE, we had it in the bag. Hillary is that bad of a candidate.

And you know the kicker? With ANYONE ELSE, we had it in the bag. Hillary is that bad of a candidate.

We would have had Paul Ryan designing policy, a Republican Senate to pass it, and a GOP president to sign it.

And we decided we'd rather go with the guy who says "You're Fired!" on a fake TV show.

:lol: all the polls. Are doctored. Except when they showed Trump winning in the Primary. Then they were good.

.....kinda. If we are talking about the hard-core supporters who would follow him out of the party, then no, not really. If we are talking about those who would vote for him v Hillary, then it comes out to about 40% of the electorate.

40% right now. I'm thinking it'll increase. In any case, of course we are talking about those who would vote for him v Hillary. After all, this is the general election we are talking about.

We would have had Paul Ryan designing policy, a Republican Senate to pass it, and a GOP president to sign it.

And we decided we'd rather go with the guy who says "You're Fired!" on a fake TV show.

Yeah...for some people, the establishment is their preferred choice. For others, it's not.

They will not succeed in dumping Trump because, sadly, the core of the Republican Party has been taken over by racist, knuckle-dragging Neanderthals. That sound you hear emanating from Illinois is Abraham Lincoln rotating in his tomb.

So HuffPo is pushing the notion that Booth gets a single phone call, and it's evidence the Trump campaign is taking the "Dump Trump" people seriously?

Further, HuffPo is pushing the notion this indicates they are diverting their attention away from Hilary?

And this doesn't indicate the issue is a media invention?

I'm sensing hook baited, line cast, usual suspects taking to it.

Mycroft said:
40% right now. I'm thinking it'll increase

It did increase. Then the media realized that it was now safe to stop boosting him.

Slide.jpg

And so they drove it back down again.

Thus far his organization is nonexistent, his funding for outreach is nonexistent, his previous critical allies are now hostile, it looks like he's not going to be leading a unified GOP, Bernie fans are going to start following him over to Hillary, and Hillary is maintaining a consistent lead, driven in no small part by the fact that his unfavorable are consistently:

T Faves.jpg

Sky-High. Trump is even upside-down with white males. He's upside down with non-college graduates.

FWIW, Mitt Romney never polled below 43%. Trump's highest point is the lowest ever achieved by the last guy who lost.

In any case, of course we are talking about those who would vote for him v Hillary. After all, this is the general election we are talking about.

Actually this thread is about the (Quixotic) attempt to replace him at the convention. So.... no, it isn't.

Yeah...for some people, the establishment is their preferred choice. For others, it's not.

Conservatism is my preferred choice. If you make your decisions based not on policy, but rather by choosing the person with the least amount of relevant experience, then you don't want Trump (who has been involved in politics since he started in real estate), you want Kanye West.

Last edited:
Actually this thread is about the (Quixotic) attempt to replace him at the convention. So.... no, it isn't.

Then make up your mind, eh? You are the one who started talking about voters, after all.

Talking to you is like playing whack-a-mole.

Then make up your mind, eh? You are the one who started talking about voters, after all.

Yes. The question was, is this a dammed if you do dammed if you don't scenario. Trump has a small core of solid supporters, but enough to throw the election if he is replaced at the convention, and decides to do so.

just another in a long line of threads saying the election is over before anyone ever votes

Do i think Trump will win? no

Do i think he "can" win? oh yeah....i can see it happening

we still have months before November, and the silo's are still full

neither side has really starting throwing the heavy stuff at each other

imo, we have the choice of two evils....and most of us are trying to decide which is "less" evil than the next

aint that a bitch of a way to elect a president? and the next presumptive leader of the world?

god help us all

Don't you think that even with 3 or 4 candidates that all you'd really be doing is choosing the lesser of 3 or 4 evils?

There has never been, and will never be a perfect candidate for everyone. No matter who the nominees is, tens of millions of Americans would still be choosing the lesser of evils.

You act like there is some perfect candidate out there that ALL Americans could get behind (or maybe all Republicans or all Democrats). Jesus Christ could be running and you'd have at least 1/2 of the country choosing him as a the lessor of evils.

Yes. The question was, is this a dammed if you do dammed if you don't scenario. Trump has a small core of solid supporters, but enough to throw the election if he is replaced at the convention, and decides to do so.

shrug...

That might be your question, but I never ever entertained the notion.

But, since you present the notion, he won't be replaced at the convention. Any contentions you...or others...might have to that effect are either designed to influence opinion or are outright idiocy. So any notion of some group of core supporters throwing the election is quite dismisable.

shrug...

That might be your question, but I never ever entertained the notion.

But, since you present the notion, he won't be replaced at the convention. Any contentions you...or others...might have to that effect are either designed to influence opinion or are outright idiocy.

Do you read the posts you are responding to?

Back
Top Bottom