• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Dumbing-Down of the U.S. Army

oldreliable67 said:
C,

Wow, what a rant! Unfortunately for you, there is nothing new in there, just the same old :bs You have demonstrated that on occasion , when you really want to, you can put up a post that makes some kind of sense. This last one ain't one of 'em.
ok bubba
but what'll you do now my blue eye'd son a hard rain is gona fall which side are you on america's or the Nazis

Attachments

• crosses_bush.jpg
    crosses_bush.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 1
  • stillaliveandwell.jpg
    stillaliveandwell.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1
  • saddamBush.jpg
    saddamBush.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1
The same reply to the essentially the same post on the other thread:

C'mon Canuck, you can do better than that! Thats not even worth a reply! Get with it!

You stand agape America
PHOTO SHOOT
1 ) oil bought with american lives

2 ) terrorists are still alive and well say they all love america and thanks for the cash ,Cia maasad ,m I6,they they all shake in their boots
the PETRO EURO make them shake in their boots and they reach for their imperialists rule book the order is rapidly fading

plot on wtc and the brain child bush SR and JR

3 ) bush in better times during reagan years when daddy bush was CIA and rummy dummy all gave Sadam a set of Golden spurs during the height of his crimes against his own peoples

how many time must the cannon balls fly

Attachments

• crosses_bush.jpg
    crosses_bush.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 0
  • stillaliveandwell.jpg
    stillaliveandwell.jpg
  • saddamBush.jpg
    saddamBush.jpg
Last edited:
are you speechless
left to saying nonsese

Just waiting for something worth replying to...so far, don't see it. BTW, what is this 'nonsese'? Is that Canadian slang for something bad about us here in the lower 48?

what nonsense is that:3oops:

Even with the edits, that post is just too lame. Giving up on you for tonite.

Canuck
A great Idea for all the
singular idialogs and agenda driven imbeciles of the world
Only read what substantiates your pov

A true dumbing down of the brain
he admits he is driven to push forth 1 agenda on the world
It substatiates my theory that america has many enemies with nazi like ideas

This is funny. You’re going to accuse someone else of being close minded and only listening to one view? Your posts, while mostly full of crap, are worth reading if just to see how extreme and illogical some people in the world are; I wouldn't use ignore for you, or anyone I disagreed with. However, with over 50 posts a day you’re clearly a proponent of the "if you repeat something enough some idiots will follow it as fact" theory. I have not once seen you adjust your view or respond to any logical opposition with anything more than a repeating of your same ideologically inflated view.

purplehaze said:
This is funny. You’re going to accuse someone else of being close minded and only listening to one view? Your posts, while mostly full of crap, are worth reading if just to see how extreme and illogical some people in the world are; I wouldn't use ignore for you, or anyone I disagreed with. However, with over 50 posts a day you’re clearly a proponent of the "if you repeat something enough some idiots will follow it as fact" theory. I have not once seen you adjust your view or respond to any logical opposition with anything more than a repeating of your same ideologically inflated view.
All is see are sly remarks ,strawman tactics I dont see logical thought out responses how do you debate a sly remark
I have put forth many articles there are only sly remarks left on them
no one has the basis to dispute them
I would love to debate them
but how can I america stands agape left only with sly remarks and no other basis on which to stand
Galvanized between DEMS and REPS pov
at each others throats like fools while the elite plunder you and your leaders are the elites puppets

by all means lets debate
all I have seen so for is sly remarks and Despite posting much good debating material America is left standing agape issuing sly remarks
all logical sense of debate is lost

the misgivings of Russia, China, India, or any other nation, Afghanistan and Iraq will now become the base of operations in destabilizing, isolating, and establishing control over the South Asian

Attachments

• Jingo.JPG
    Jingo.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 1
  • saddamBush.jpg
    saddamBush.jpg
  • stillaliveandwell.jpg
    stillaliveandwell.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 0
  • world5.JPG
    world5.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 2
  • eurasia4.JPG
    eurasia4.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 2
You say the American Army has lowered its standards some to meet the lack of enlistees recently. That is a fact and everyone that has responded has accepted this fact. People are giving plenty of material to debate on; you just don't seem to like what they are saying. The Army has a history of lowering standards and doing other things and is normally below their recruitment goals. This does not mean we are sending a bunch of retards off to war.

Every branch of the service has high standards for enlistment, including the Army. Their are so many things that can disqualify you other than your Asvab score; criminal background and drug history to name a couple. You can't join if you have tried cocaine or any hardcore drug, even if it was one time when you were 12. Also so what if the Army is allowing people without a Ged and lower scores to enter? There are plenty of qualified people that have not finished high school. The fact that it is allowed, does not mean it is the norm... it just means if there is an otherwise qualified candidate for enlistment that doesn't have a GED, they can still apply. Do you have any idea what the Asvab is for? What these scores mean? There are thousands of jobs in the military, and the lower your score the less of them you qualify for. Just because you are in the Military does not mean you are going to be on the front lines as an infantryman fighting in Iraq or anywhere in the world.

by all means lets debate
all I have seen so for is sly remarks and Despite posting much good debating material America is left standing agape issuing sly remarks
all logical sense of debate is lost

If you don't like the sly remarks, perhaps you should refrain from going off on a tangent in every other post. It's one thing to list the facts and your opinion. But you always find a way to turn every post into "The end is coming America is doomed run for the hills oh my". We get it. You think Americans are idiots and have no clue. You think you are more intelligent and the only informed person in North America. So you have a duty to inform the 99.5% of us who are wrong. You don't need to remind us of this in every post, on every issue. People tend to not want to debate issues when someone is spewing illogical rhetoric about their countries failure and pending demise.

I'm Very concerned ,About the fact that there are now no qualifications, needed to join the American Armed forces !
is this to allow Mexicans to join for their right to citizenship ?

No where in your link does it refer to Mexicans that are not US citizens. That article you linked does not even talk about citizenship and the Army. The fact is you must be an American citizen to join the Army. How, in your infinite wisdom, did you ascertain that illegal immigrants will be joining the Army to gain citizenship? Not only is this baseless and irrational, it is not allowed by the Army regulations. If you yourself would actually take the time to read http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/enlstandards.htm which stsburns was nice enough to point you to, you would realize this.

If you read through all the regulations and requirements for joining the US Military you will easily see that saying "there are now no qualifications needed to join the American armed forces" is an illogical and baseless statement. There are plenty of regulations and qualifications you need in order to join the US Armed forces. You are either intentionally trying to exaggerate the situation, or are completely clueless and would rather just keep spewing the same BS rather than accept the real facts.

I would love to debate them

Really? Then why haven't you replied with facts to my rejoinders to your rhetorical posts? So far, its been like this:

You post unsubstantiated rhetoric and opinion.
Myself and others respond with fact.
You post more unsubstantiated rhetoric and opinion.

Where is the debate in that?

Gots to wonder what the reqirements are for the canadian military, and if canuck can measure up? What say you, my northern neighbor? Did you ever serve?

UtahBill said:
Gots to wonder what the reqirements are for the canadian military, and if canuck can measure up? What say you, my northern neighbor? Did you ever serve?

Isn't that more or less an oxymoron...... Kinda like the french military....:rofl

Although they do have some black guys that make watches or some ****....:rofl

purplehaze said:
No where in your link does it refer to Mexicans that are not US citizens. That article you linked does not even talk about citizenship and the Army. The fact is you must be an American citizen to join the Army. How, in your infinite wisdom, did you ascertain that illegal immigrants will be joining the Army to gain citizenship? Not only is this baseless and irrational, it is not allowed by the Army regulations. If you yourself would actually take the time to read http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/enlstandards.htm which stsburns was nice enough to point you to, you would realize this.

If you read through all the regulations and requirements for joining the US Military you will easily see that saying "there are now no qualifications needed to join the American armed forces" is an illogical and baseless statement. There are plenty of regulations and qualifications you need in order to join the US Armed forces. You are either intentionally trying to exaggerate the situation, or are completely clueless and would rather just keep spewing the same BS rather than accept the real facts.

on the contrary in 1st gulf war it happened as I describe Mexicans were allowed to fight and were given their citizen papers for their efforts

Education needed :none 0 nada zip
there is no Americans that fit this bill only Mexicans

I even praised how AMericas all Black men squadron, was ,and is still to this day ,tha best squadron ever produced in the us airforce.

To show that the best fighting men will be the ones that have something worth fighting for

even stuck a very funny joke no one laughed

Americans have been so dumbed down, they dont even know where to begin to have a common sense debate.
The average American debate = sly remarks ,and anything else to prove their polilcal party won the debate. wether they won on grounds of empherical knoewledge or under handed pressure is no concern.

The fact that the US armry has no educational standards(ATM), in my opinion is to allow Mexicans, to fight for the right to become Americans.Just as with Gulf war 1
by all means debate
dont stand around with your head up your arse ,with sly remarks leave that for the dumbed down Americans
prove to me you want debate ,debate it for once instead of standing agape

Further evidence that the war in Iraq is wrecking the U.S. Army: Recruiters, having failed to meet their enlistment targets, are now being authorized to pursue high-school dropouts and (not to mince words) stupid people.

This year the Army set a goal of recruiting 80,000 active-duty soldiers, but it wound up with just 73,000—almost 10 percent short. As a result, the Army Times reported this week, the Pentagon has decided to make up the difference by expanding the pool—by letting up to 10 percent of new recruits be young men and women who have neither graduated high school nor earned a General Equivalency Diploma.

More than that, the Los Angeles Times reports today that 4 percent of recruits will be allowed to score as low as in the 16th to 30th percentile—a grouping known as "Category IV"—on the U.S. Armed Forces' mental-aptitude exam.

category Iv = Mexican uncle SAM wants you!

PEOPLE LIKE CALM TO CHAOS that leave quaint remarks in place of debate highlights the dumbed down American peoples plight

Last edited:
CanDuck,

Americans have been so dumbed down, they dont even know where to begin to have a common sense debate.

I have repeatedly asked you to respond to facts that I have posted in response to your idiocies. You have thus far chosen to 'stand agape'.

Further evidence that the war in Iraq is wrecking the U.S. Army: Recruiters, having failed to meet their enlistment targets, are now being authorized to pursue high-school dropouts and (not to mince words) stupid people.

This year the Army set a goal of recruiting 80,000 active-duty soldiers, but it wound up with just 73,000—almost 10 percent short. As a result, the Army Times reported this week, the Pentagon has decided to make up the difference by expanding the pool—by letting up to 10 percent of new recruits be young men and women who have neither graduated high school nor earned a General Equivalency Diploma.

More than that, the Los Angeles Times reports today that 4 percent of recruits will be allowed to score as low as in the 16th to 30th percentile—a grouping known as "Category IV"—on the U.S. Armed Forces' mental-aptitude exam.

Canuck, I think you have a problem with reading comprehension. You keep referring to that article, and those three paragraphs, and you seem to think it says something it doesn't. 0 education? You have to have a GED. That is an "educational standard". If the Army accepted people that dropped out of pre-school and had to pass no standard test (GED) that would be known as "no standards". You are either over exaggerating on purpose, or have no clue how to read an article and comprehend what it is stating. Mexicans? How do you go from the "Army allowing people to join with GED" to "Illegal Mexicans joining armed forces and gaining citizenship". These issues are not related in any way. Unless you are saying all Mexicans are stupid and this new standard would allow them to join the Army? I hope you aren't.
Education needed :none 0 nada zip
there is no Americans that fit this bill only Mexicans
Oh wait maybe you are....

Again please read up on the facts. Category IV covers a huge area. Category IV usually disqualifies people from joining the armed forces. Category III means you can join with a Waiver, I and II mean you are ok. These cover areas from criminal offenses, and past drug use, to education and US Citizenship. You seem to think that because category IV is mentioned in this article it means illegal immigrants will be allowed to join?? If you read the article you yourself posted, you will see that only the educational category IV scores on the asvab are being accepted. At a very low number mind you. As in, if someone scores in the 16th to 30th percentile on the ASVAB, they can still join IF they are otherwise fully acceptable. The other Category IV regulations, ie US citizenship, have not been changed in any way.

There have been many questions posed to you. You have been shown a link that states all the requirements needed to join the US military. Yet you choose to continue saying "there are no requirements and all Americans are idiots". Lord knows you have enough free time, how about you use some of it to read http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/enlstandards.htm. If you read this article with an open mind (as I did when I took the time to read your link) you will easily see that the things you are suggesting are just not true. "0 educational standards" = wrong." Please stop responding with the same three paragraphs and other BS. Take some time to read the facts and questions raised by many of the posters in this thread. That is called a debate.

recruiting problems
As long as you REMAIN in IRAQ NO peace is possible

Category IV I did mention that
to me that is uneduacated

As long as you remain in IRAQ your body count gets higher and no peace is
possible . you can not see your enemy they are police by day terroists by nite your kids are comiting atrocities akin to the nazis of hitler
WAKE UP America

Attachments

• Jingo.JPG
    Jingo.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 2
  • stillaliveandwell.jpg
    stillaliveandwell.jpg
  • ss2.JPG
    ss2.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 1
  • naziflag.JPG
    naziflag.JPG
    3.2 KB · Views: 1
  • saddamBush.jpg
    saddamBush.jpg
Last edited:
recruiting problems

Is this seriously your response? You claim to want to have a logical discussion, yet every time someone points out a flaw or somehow disrupts your "view" you change the subject entirely. You think as long as we remain in Iraq no peace is possible. Wow that’s great, so start another thread on that subject and stick to this subject while in this thread. I guess I should be happy that at least you didn't re link the same three paragraphs again. Or refer to an article that has nothing in it to substantiate what your interpretation of that article is. Did you happen to take the time to read the link that shows your statements are complete exaggerations at best? http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/enlstandards.htm

If you have any trouble seeing how these regulations show how your past statements "0 educational standards", "no regulations needed to join military" and "Illegal immigrants now allowed in Army" are nonsense. You can either refer to my previous post or ill be happy to explain again how Cat IV on the ASVAB in no way relates to Cat IV in any other area. However I doubt you will take the time to read through the regulations no matter how "open-minded" you claim to be. Since it would disrupt the image and facts that you want to hear to substantiate your narrow-minded view of the world, and more exactly, Americans.

Sorry, I replied before your edit.

Canuck

Well it's nice that Category IV to you means uneducated, but im sorry that is not what it means.

possible . you can not see your enemy they are police by day terroists by nite your kids are comiting atrocities akin to the nazis of hitler
WAKE UP America

Again, you have an ... interesting view on Iraq. But why do you continuously feel the need to spew rhetoric and your view of Iraq/America into a thread that has nothing to do with it. The subject is on Educational standards to join the Army. In the past few posts by me and others, we presented you with plenty of fact to show that you are misunderstanding or misrepresenting the facts on this issue. The only way you can now respond is to resort back to saying the same crap over and over that does not relate to the current subject. Maybe you don't understand the word debate?

Senate gives nod to
recruiting older citizens

By Rick Maze
Times staff writer

Legislation allowing military recruits to enter service up to age 42 and to create a new $1,000 finder’s fee for service members who tip off recruiters to good prospects has received tentative approval in the Senate.
A package of 81 approved amendments to the 2006 defense authorization bill unveiled Monday includes a recruiting and retention plan, proposed by Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and prepared by the Army, that also:

• Raises the maximum enlistment bonus.

• Allows people with prior military service to get more than one bonus for joining the reserves.

• Increases the maximum bonus for officers joining the reserves.

Sen. John Warner, R-Va., the Senate Armed Services Committee chairman who submitted the package of approved amendments, said the 81 amendments in it represented those on which agreement had been reached between Democrats and Republicans during the two-month delay in work on the defense bill.

Warner said the package has amendments offered by 68 of the 100 senators, and that he and Sen. Carl Levin of Michigan, his committee’s ranking Democrat, would urge its adoption when the Senate gets back to work on the bill, which could be this week.

Raising enlistment and re-enlistment bonuses is the military’s traditional response to past problems in manning the force, but increasing the maximum recruiting age and paying a referral bonus are new ideas, both aimed at the Army and its recruiting difficulties.

The current age limit for active-duty recruits, 35, would increase to 42 for the all of the services.

The provision is not controversial because it is expected the military would use the new authority sparingly. The Army is the only service to express interest, and Army officials told the House Armed Services Committee earlier this year that the new authority would be used only for a few critical specialties.

The finder’s fee idea, however, does come with some controversy. Under the proposal, a member of the Army, Army Reserve or Army National Guard could receive a $1,000 bonus for referring a person who has never served in the armed forces to a recruiter.

For the finder to get the fee, the potential recruit would have to enlist in the Army, Army Reserve or Army National Guard and finish basic and advanced training. No payments would be given for referring an immediate family member, and anyone in a recruiting or career counselor assignment would be ineligible.

McCain’s proposal limits the number of bonuses to 1,000 as an initial test and would cancel the program on Jan. 1, 2008.

Army officials have talked about wanting to offer bonuses of up to $2,500 and another new enlistment incentive of up to $25,000 that could be used as a down payment on the purchase of a home.

EDucation and physical standards are lifted

theres is no denying that the Army may need to reinstate the draft in the coming years in order to fullfill it's needs.
you can get rich standing around the schools of America 1000$ a head
1 a week would make a great salary when combined with the regular army pay

I did exagerate the no education bit to make my point so at least I could get some people to debate this

Last edited:
I dont think education matters too much for certain branches, it is important but it is not the "be all end all". As long as they can pull the trigger. Maybe for more technical services, like the air force, it might matter but then again when was the last time that we have heard anything about the air force doing something in the war? The Army and the Marines win the wars, they dont need batallions of phd's to do that.

Eryx82 said:
I dont think education matters too much for certain branches, it is important but it is not the "be all end all". As long as they can pull the trigger. Maybe for more technical services, like the air force, it might matter but then again when was the last time that we have heard anything about the air force doing something in the war? The Army and the Marines win the wars, they dont need batallions of phd's to do that.

agreed the top battalions are elite soldiers these are the goon platoons
they are making
But chk this out folks

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/october2005/121005slamsbush.htm

Congressman Ron Paul has accused the Bush administration of attempting to set in motion a militarized police state in America by enacting gun confiscation martial law provisions in the event of an avian flu pandemic. Paul also slammed as delusional and dangerous plans to invade Iran, Syria, North Korea and China.

whats up here are they that looney tunes up on dung ho hill

bush is looking burnt out lol
paul must of rattled his cage------not hard to tell a real all american is it

Attachments

• whyhelpnever.jpg
    whyhelpnever.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 121005paul.jpg
    121005paul.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I do remember that after afghanistan the US Armed Forces where sure that they could take on any nation and even sweep through the middle east. Its weird how now that view is not shared by many. If Iraq has given so much trouble imagine invading Iran, some think the US can do it but i am certain that that will be the demise of the Armed Forces something similar to Vietnam but probably worse.

Canuck said:
recruiting problems

WAKE UP America
You are accused of "Treason" How do you plead "Canuck"!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom