• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Dumbest you have ever volunteered for?

cherokee

Devil Dog
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Name the Dumbest you have ever volunteered for while serving...

For me it was in boot when the DS barked out
"I need 6 of you dumba$$es for a BFR mission.”

Mission? Hum…do I stay here picking up cigarettes butts or go on a mission?
I was the first to shoot my hand into the air…

Anyone know what BFR stands for?…Anyone?

cherokee said:
Name the Dumbest you have ever volunteered for while serving...

For me it was in boot when the DS barked out
"I need 6 of you dumba$$es for a BFR mission.”

Mission? Hum…do I stay here picking up cigarettes butts or go on a mission?
I was the first to shoot my hand into the air…

I remember a really useful piece of advice a recruiter gave me when I enlisted.He said "Do not to volunteer for ****,if they need you they will pick you"
I made a mistake one day and ignored his advice and voluinteered when a drill sergeant asked for volunteers.I forgot what the work detail was but I remeber the drill sergeant yeliing at us and smoking us for not hurrying up.

Anyone know what BFR stands for?…Anyone?

Knowing the sense of humor that some of those drill sergeants had it proably stood for a big ****ing retarded mission.

I kow that pranks were quite common in the army.For example during one of the road marches I was in the drill sergeants had all the soldiers with Ranger contracts run up and down the road march formation.One drill sergeant would say to the soldiers with the ranger contracts go over to the company commander and ask him if he seen a prick O-3.The company commander would have then go to a drill sergeant and ask him if he seen a prick E-6,that drill sergeant would send them to a higher ranking drill sergeant to ask if he seen a prick E-7.

One of the most funniest **** I have ever seen was a Lt. carrying a empty trash bag to S-4.For those who do not know this gag I will explain it.Usually new soldeirs are victims of pranks,this prank involves having the new soldeir take an exhaust sample from a vehicle and go to S-4(some kind of batalion maintenance group that I beleave handles orders for parts and other things.)
Of course the other soldiers just grabbed a empty trash bag filled it with air and told the LT is was exhaust sample.

Other pranks include sending new soldiers to supply to get Chem-light batteries(chem-lights do not have batteries),sending new soldiers to supply to get a a box of grid squares(units of measurements on a map).Having a new soldier jump up and down while on top of a bradly fighting vehicle to test track tension, and having a new soldier go to a armored vehicle with a piece of chalk and a hammer to test for weak spots in the vehicle's armor.

Damn jamesrage...lol...

BFR = Big F**king Rocks.

Thats what we did turned bfr's into small ones all flipping day...

The scariest thing I ever did was jump out of a perfectly good plane.
The first jump I almost got pushed out..lol...I asked the ssgt that if I hesitate to just shove me out.

Back
Top Bottom