• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dumbest Crap !!!!

Question?
How does America explain to the Mexican and Central American people who are trying to get Asylum to "save their lives", deal with the Ukrainian people, "who are also trying to save their lives", Get priority access to Asylum?

Question#2:
How did the Ukrainian people get to "Mexico"?

Question#3: What is the situation with Mexico, that it has such a poor "Immigration System" ?
  • Not only can people from all across Central American seem to enter Mexico without much of an Immigration System dealing with Immigrants, It seems that Ukrainian people can get into Mexico without much of a problem also.
Question #4: Since Mexico's Immigration system allows people unconstrained and unregulated access to Mexico, then why does Mexico not have its own Re-settlement program.

Question #5: Instead of so much focus going to America's Borders, which America Patrols, Why not invest money to help Mexico set up better their system of managing their borders.

Question #6: Why does Central America and Mexico, appeal to the U.N. to send Peacekeeper Forces to help them Stamp Out The Gang Menace?

For Decades, America has had focus on our Border... but not enough focus on Mexico Managing Its Own Borders. Why would Mexico allow a Caravan of People, to enter its country without having a Good Border Management System, and if they don't have one, why are we not investing the help them set up a better system? For that matter, Why not have a North and Central America program, that helps set up better Immigration/Border systems for each of those countries.

Next Matter: We have spent $Trillion's to help China built up, why did we not see the need to do the same for Central America which shares a Continent with North America. If, we'd done that 50 yrs ago... we would not have any issues with Mexico or Central America, because they'd have Industry and Jobs and they would have better Military and Better Law Enforcement Divisions. Also, since some Countries have Tyrannical Leaders, if we had helped them, the people themselves would have had the means to stand up against Dictators and Tyrants and 30 yrs ago, the people could have themselves could have promoted "Democratic Reforms" and removed every Tyrant and Dictator from throughout Central America.

I'm aware of the point you are trying to make, but the OP put in bold letters a discussion of America, not Europe. Hope this helps your reading comprehension.
My reading comprehension is perfect. Quote the part where the OP says Europe shouldn't take refugees or that they deserve to be murdered.

Is this the site you meant to link to?

The US is 69th on the list of least racist countries, 1 below Belarus, 1 above Ukraine.
Lol...the top least racist countries are all countries with more homogenous populations and some aren't on the list at all? Despite information like...

I guess I'm saying that any site out there that ranks the US as being exceptionally terrible w/regard to race relations is full of shit.

Racism exists everywhere, and have for a long time. What America, and many western nations have done, is make the effort to stop not only racism but human abuse via establishing concepts of human rights. Western nations are not unique in their use of slavery, they are unique in their ending of slavery and then spreading that to the rest of the world. Yes, America has a terrible past but I'll not join in in beating it up for something that was the standard but now we are among the acceptation.
That's fair, but the problem is people who think we live in a post-racial society.

For those who have studied much about the history of eastern Europe, this shouldn't be too much of a surprise. Which is not to suggest we don't have our own issues.
But when the Germans invaded western Russia/USSR, all they really needed to do to get rid of the jews was cut the local population loose. (For the most part). And that level of racism was centuries in the making. Doesnt disappear overnight.

Lol...the top least racist countries are all countries with more homogenous populations and some aren't on the list at all? Despite information like...

I guess I'm saying that any site out there that ranks the US as being exceptionally terrible w/regard to race relations is full of shit.
Canada is one of the most diverse countries in the world. 20% of Canadians were born somewhere else.

10 most diverse countries in the world according to Rickshaw Travel:​

1. Benin
  2. Belgium
  3. Suriname
  4. Brazil
  5. Mozambique
  6. Cote d’Ivoire
  7. Canada
  8. Switzerland
  9. South Africa
  10. Estonia

Any Ukrainians seeking refuge in the United States had best check any latent racist beliefs at the border if they want to live here. I don't think that's asking too much.
They damn well better check their White Privilege!

I don't understand how Ukraine can be racist - there's no statues of Robert E Lee over there.
They are racist. Putzin said so. That's why he's killing thousands of civilians and indiscriminately bombing cities.

1. It is not their fault.

2. As the article points out, many (most?) foreigners associate the word "American" with Caucasian people.

a. They have no idea of the actual population profile of this nation.

3. How interesting to learn that 16,000 African students were studying in Ukraine.

a. It WAS wrong to subject the African students to discrimination when they were trying to flee the country.

4. No one ever said that Ukrainians were angels. But they do not deserve what that Butcher in the Kremlin is doing to them.
This is one of the reasons why representation in media is important. The first experience I had with this was when I went to visit family in South America and they all thought we were rich because in the programs they watched, it seemed like all Americans were rich.

Canada is one of the most diverse countries in the world. 20% of Canadians were born somewhere else.

10 most diverse countries in the world according to Rickshaw Travel:​

1. Benin
  2. Belgium
  3. Suriname
  4. Brazil
  5. Mozambique
  6. Cote d’Ivoire
  7. Canada
  8. Switzerland
  9. South Africa
  10. Estonia
Dude....Canada is 72% European and then 18% Asian.

Dumbest Crap!!!!

What these hell do people who are being slaughtered by Russia end up resorting to Racism... That's the dumbest crap!!!!!

‘It Does Not Justify It’: Peace Corps Guidance for Black Volunteers In Ukraine Causes a Stir After Being Exposed on Twitter

Peace Corps positions in Ukraine are currently not open, but Black Peace Corps volunteers who applied were warned to be prepared to be called the N-word and face other racist behavior while in Ukraine, according guidance on the Peace Corps website that is currently being discussed on social media

--
The warning, which includes personal accounts from volunteers, calls for having thick skin and an understanding that the racial discrimination comes from Ukrainians’ lack of exposure to Black people.

“It is not uncommon for Ukrainians to refer to African-Americans as “[N-Word]”. Volunteers of color may be called ‘a monkey’ or may see children’s games with Blackface,” one volunteer wrote.

“Being aware of the history of dehumanization for people of African descent may help inform where this comes from; it does not justify it. It will be at your discretion to determine the intent.”

The warning builds on the recent reports of discrimination against African students in Ukraine, choosing to study in the country for cheaper living and more accessible education. U.S. Peace Corps volunteers have been in the country since 1992, teaching English and helping Ukrainians with financial, media and civic literacy, HIV awareness and other “community development” initiatives.

The Peace Corps advised volunteers that as Americans, they may be considered “the outsider.”

The organization trains volunteers how to “engage appropriately” and “effectively” across cultures and find “common ground” with the people they will be serving.

However, Black volunteers may face “far more complicated issues,” according to an account from an unnamed volunteer. The organization blames the discrimination on Ukrainians’ lack of exposure to Black people and a preconception that all Americans are white.
___
According to data, about 16,000 international college students in Ukraine in 2020 were from Africa. Even though the students contribute millions of dollars to the country’s economy through their pursuit of higher education, many reported being shunned by Ukrainian officials in favor the host nation’s women and children when they tried to leave the country amid Russian attacks in February.

Africans were barred access to buses and other forms of transportation to the border and stranded in the cold as nationals followed a Ukrainian-first policy, with Ukrainian men between 18 and 60 not being allowed leave.

Even when Africans made it to the borders, at times, from traveling miles on foot, they were often turned back by Polish or Romanian guards. Several videos of the harsh treatment went viral online. A new report shows many Black people fleeing Ukraine are being held in prison-like facilities across Europe.

History shows that the recent treatment at the country’s borders is just a fragment of Ukraine’s racist record. The U.S. State Department has warned against travel to Ukraine by ethnic minorities, and human rights groups have expressed concern about hate crimes for more than a decade.

The Ukrainian government adopted a law in 2009 that raised the penalty for hate crimes motivated by race and national origin following a series of racial killings of African and Asian immigrants in 2007.
end quote

And to think, these Ukrainian people want to bring their Racism with them, as they seek Asylum in America? We have more than enough Racism already here in America!!!!! (What the Hell is wrong with (SOME) White People.) Geez!!!!
Racism was never exclusive to or even mostly in America, although we still have plenty.

And it's always been some of the dumbest crap.

Dude....Canada is 72% European and then 18% Asian.
Oh yeah, I forgot that about American rightists. They can see a black customs agent whose family has been in America for 350 years interviewing a Czech immigrant and think the black guy represents diversity.

Oh yeah, I forgot that about American rightists. They can see a black customs agent whose family has been in America for 350 years interviewing a Czech immigrant and think the black guy represents diversity.
No...that's you leftists that are like that, hence why you and your pals actively support systemic discrimination against Asians in college admissions.

That's fair, but the problem is people who think we live in a post-racial society.
We don't, but we've gotten better and I would like to continue to do better. The problem is, and I'm guessing this is where we disagree, that the progressive left seems intent on mainstreaming racial divisions. Not that the right does much better but the progressives are actively pushing to NOT make things post racial and actually say that trying to "not see color" is actually racism.

No...that's you leftists that are like that, hence why you and your pals actively support systemic discrimination against Asians in college admissions.
Hell are you talking about?

We don't, but we've gotten better and I would like to continue to do better. The problem is, and I'm guessing this is where we disagree, that the progressive left seems intent on mainstreaming racial divisions. Not that the right does much better but the progressives are actively pushing to NOT make things post racial and actually say that trying to "not see color" is actually racism.
Obama warned millennials about wokeness. No, we don't disagree. I agree with that.

You deserve more of an answer, but I gotta get back to work. Lol. Maybe later.

Obama warned millennials about wokeness. No, we don't disagree. I agree with that.

You deserve more of an answer, but I gotta get back to work. Lol. Maybe later.
Hopefully your work goes quick and peaceful/no drama.

Back
Top Bottom