• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dumb-ocracy and Universal Suffer-age

Democracy; the supposed genuine peoples system of governance, a system where society is inherently better because their decisions are made by the people for the people, and where the government is obedient and submissive towards the people. This has been the creed of the plebeians since the idea of democracy was dragooned upon the people of earth. Democracy however in reality is a contagion that affects the proletariat masses, brainwashing them into mindless subservient puppets. It is a self-evident truth that the most erroneous tyrant to ever grace mankind was the majority in a democracy. This authoritarian dictator has absolute power, not constrained by a congress or constitution, the same power that was thought to have been decapitated along with Louis XVI. A nation that implements democracy to constrain the overbearing assault on the rights of the people by government, in actuality accomplishes the exact opposite, by allowing through government intervention anything desired by the people or their puppeteers. The people are being deceived and beguiled by the corporation controlled media, and the Government, who distort and pervert the truth in order to ameliorate their own agendas, and quell their lust's for power. The people are tricked into giving up fundamental rights, because they are fooled to believe that the constitution meant something it did not say or that it is outdated. Well if you have not realized it by now, individual rights never become outdated, and the founding fathers wrote the bill of rights clear enough for a child to understand. These rights fall prey to the majority inevitably in a democracy when the people are not free thinkers who understand our acquisition of these rights. In addition democracy condones and encourages the use of extortion to win elections; in return for their votes politicians reimburse their supporters with welfare, tax breaks, and bailouts. This pernicious cocktail of corruption and malfeasance fabricates economic fascism where the government is run by corporations and property rights do not exist. (Sound familiar?). When talking about the plight’s of democracy it is imperative to also discuss the age old debate of Universal Suffrage. As a society we deny the right to vote for anyone who is mentally impaired, under the age of eighteen, or a criminal, but why? The reason is (even if subconsciously) we are aware that these people cannot make an informed and beneficial decision, and if this is why we restrict from them the right to vote, why do we not do the same to those who know nothing of politics or current events. Democracy is less a system of governance and more a tool, a tool utilized by governments to divide and control the people. Democracy is in reality not a system for the people by the people, but a system for the gentry by the nescient.

I really like the type of writing you have. It has a way of underscoring your opinions with fact and correlating them to symbolic, illustrative representation.

I agree with most of what you said and would go a step farther. Most people believe the United States was a good nation, was a just and fair nation. It never was. Only to a certain group of people. The Constitution was the grandest hypocrisy from the start. I'm sure the British and every other nation saw that as so. It saddens me when someone uses the term "ignorant masses" but this is exactly how they and our own government must have saw it at the time, watching us beat our chest and swoon with pride at having a nation that supposedly buffed freedom and equality- a nation stolen from the genocide of an entire race, built fro the subjugation and repression of another, magnified by the suffering of peoples all over the world, and still, today, divided over issues that should not be issues at all. I have always marveled at how they have gotten generations of people to take such an inflated sense of pride and ego in their country that merely- for all it's ideals- repeats a historical slogan; Might is right and that the piece of paper you thought explained your "god-given" rights is just that...a piece of paper.

makmugens;bt1434 said:
I really like the type of writing you have. It has a way of underscoring your opinions with fact and correlating them to symbolic, illustrative representation.

I agree with most of what you said and would go a step farther. Most people believe the United States was a good nation, was a just and fair nation. It never was. Only to a certain group of people. The Constitution was the grandest hypocrisy from the start. I'm sure the British and every other nation saw that as so. It saddens me when someone uses the term "ignorant masses" but this is exactly how they and our own government must have saw it at the time, watching us beat our chest and swoon with pride at having a nation that supposedly buffed freedom and equality- a nation stolen from the genocide of an entire race, built fro the subjugation and repression of another, magnified by the suffering of peoples all over the world, and still, today, divided over issues that should not be issues at all. I have always marveled at how they have gotten generations of people to take such an inflated sense of pride and ego in their country that merely- for all it's ideals- repeats a historical slogan; Might is right and that the piece of paper you thought explained your "god-given" rights is just that...a piece of paper.

Thanks for the compliments, and although we do disagree on a few things it is good that we can both plainly recognize that there is a problem with the system of democracy.

People have to be given responsibility before they can behave responsibly. More important, they have to be rewarded for being responsible, not just told that all they get out of it is pride at doing their duty. You contradict yourself when you allow the existence of powerful forces beyond the people's control that are able to manipulate the people's choices. So it is self-serving to point out the irresponsible behavior of controlled people when they are allowed to make free choices that are programmed to only serve the people who controlled them. Recently in Russia, people who had been brought up to believe that capitalism was about stealing and cheating were suddenly allowed to be capitalist. So they stole and cheated in a self-fulfilling prophecy, discrediting free enterprise and causing a return to dictatorship. In 18th Century France, the excluded masses were brought up to believe that those in power had a divine right to act wantonly, so they followed that lead when they took over. Our Constitution humiliates the majority and stunts their ability to think for themselves. In the few cases where they are allowed to express their will, they are so starved for power that they pig out.

Your use of the word "self-evident" pretty much negated the rest of your argument. There are few things that are actually self-evident and none actually exist in politics. Perhaps try to avoid using that term and your point will be easier to accept by those of us who realize "self-evident" just means you have no argument to use so you claim everyone should recognize how right you are. If you sincerely did not realize that there are few "self-evident" things, then my apologies for thinking you were using the term as a way of avoiding clearer arguments.

Back
Top Bottom