• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dumb misinformed athletes

That statement is quite a leap and what does any of this have to do with big or small government?

A person who believes in small government would suggest that the government's required justification for killing a citizen should be higher, not lower.

Are you trying to say that blacks should be able to operate under different rules from the rest of society?

I have a book that I definitely recommend reading:

In “Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents” (Random House), Isabel Wilkerson contends that the brutal Indian system of hierarchy illuminates more about American racial divides than the idea of race alone can, and early in her book she relays a story that King told about his India trip. He was visiting a school for Dalit children when the principal introduced him as “a fellow untouchable.” The comparison made King flinch—but then its truth overwhelmed him. “In that moment, he realized that the Land of the Free had imposed a caste system not unlike the caste system of India and that he had lived under that system all of his life,” Wilkerson writes. “It was what lay beneath the forces he was fighting in America.”

This story is almost certainly apocryphal, borrowed from a sermon that one of King’s mentors gave more than two decades earlier. In later years, King took little interest in how the idea of caste might apply in his own country. But the anecdote at once lends a civil-rights hero’s weight to Wilkerson’s bold thesis and provides the model response to it: a lightning flash of insight about the mechanics of white supremacy. In her view, racism is only the visible manifestation of something deeper. Underlying and predating racism, and holding white supremacy in place, is a hidden system of social domination: a caste structure that uses neutral human differences, skin color among them, as the basis for ranking human value.

Isabel Wilkerson’s World-Historical Theory of Race and Caste | The New Yorker

No, that is the right wing propaganda version of what liberals are saying.

I disagree. We have a lot of bad cops out there. They are seeking to kill blacks. There is a tremendous amount of momentum from the NRA, White Supremacists, Cops, and Republicans to support the killing of blacks.

I disagree. We have a lot of bad cops out there. They are seeking to kill blacks. There is a tremendous amount of momentum from the NRA, White Supremacists, Cops, and Republicans to support the killing of blacks.

It's a dangerously simplistic way of looking at things.

It's a dangerously simplistic way of looking at things.

People thought things would change with George Floyd.... it didn't.

This has been going on for a while. I am sick of it.

People thought things would change with George Floyd.... it didn't.

This has been going on for a while. I am sick of it.

Many people are. That doesn't change what I wrote.

I freely admit that all that mumbo jumbo is way over my head. Just tell me in as few words as possible that you agree that blacks, especially black males do not have to follow socially acceptable norms.

What on earth are you talking about?

Sorry, that request for clarification was directed at Bucky.

He didn't say anything remotely resembling that, so how did you jump to that absurd conclusion? You can either explain that leap, or prove that you were trolling. Which is it?

He didn't say anything remotely resembling that, so how did you jump to that absurd conclusion? You can either explain that leap, or prove that you were trolling. Which is it?

A statement from Bucky "You don't get it. You refuse to get it. Police are beating up and killing blacks simply for their skin color". That is not the case, skin color is not the defining factor. Black attitude, their refusal to follow direct orders from people of authority, their penchant towards resistance instead of cooperation when dealing with the police and their prior criminal records (which are know to the police beforehand), all too often lead to poor results.

A statement from Bucky "You don't get it. You refuse to get it. Police are beating up and killing blacks simply for their skin color". That is not the case, skin color is not the defining factor. Black attitude, their refusal to follow direct orders from people of authority, their penchant towards resistance instead of cooperation when dealing with the police and their prior criminal records (which are know to the police beforehand), all too often lead to poor results.

Ah, so Right Wingers are all for following orders.

Hmm..now where was it that this concept went horribly wrong :confused:

The fundamental gulf between liberals and conservatives is that conservatives think "being uncooperative" is justification for lethal force used by a government agent.

And they call themselves the party of "small government."

If being uncooperative means attacking the police, fighting with them to get control to the point of being tasered by the police in order to protect themselves from injury or death while simply doing their job then yes, lethal force is appropriate.

People **** on Urlacher, meanwhile, crickets were all that was heard when ESPN revealed the abuse at NBA camps in China against minors.

You realize the abuse was occurring by people not affiliated with the NBA, and NBA coaches and other officials tried to intervene, right? Why does this keep coming up and make it sound like it was NBA employees who were abusing children?

NBA academy in China facing child abuse allegations from employees that worked there, per report - CBSSports.com

Ah, so Right Wingers are all for following orders.

Hmm..now where was it that this concept went horribly wrong :confused:

If you object to us right wingers following orders then you must feel that you left wingers do not have to. Is that right?

We don't live in China, Virus.

Roadvirus's post is not even accurate. The abuse seems to stem from the group the NBA partnered with and not anyone who is part of the NBA itself.

The NBA has received at least three reports of physical violence against players, including one incident in which a Chinese coach allegedly threw a ball at a player's face before kicking him in the stomach. There was also an incident involving a player suffering from heat exhaustion. Bruce Palmer, formerly the technical director of a private basketball school that had a sponsorship agreement with the league which allowed it to call itself an "NBA training center," said that he routinely had to tell coaches in China not to physically harm athletes.

[Palmer said]: You can't do that to your kid, this is an NBA training center. If you really feel like hitting a 14-year-old boy, and you think it's going to help him or make you feel better, take him off campus, but not here, because the NBA does not allow this (NBA academy in China facing child abuse allegations from employees that worked there, per report - CBSSports.com).​

If you object to us right wingers following orders then you must feel that you left wingers do not have to. Is that right?

RTXIE46-258x300.jpg

"Just following orders"

Do you believe Mr. Blake deserved to be shot seven times in front of his children?

I think one bullet in his leg would have been suffice, but hey you’ve been there in those situations!

Back
Top Bottom