• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Duke Cunningham Ratting Out GOP in House

26 X World Champs

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
That great American Randy "Duke" Cunningham who has clearly proven that he is for sale has sold himself again, this time to the Justice Department. According to the Wash. Post on 1-7-06 Cunninghah wore a "wire" for them as part of his plea deal.

According to the article his former fellow GOP colleagues are truly upset and obviously worried what they might have said to Duke before he revealed himslef to be a whore.

Question? Did Cunningham wear a wire to help the government or help himself?

Cunningham Reportedly Wore a Wire

Saturday, January 7, 2006; Page A07

Former congressman Randy "Duke" Cunningham (R-Calif.) wore a listening device as part of his cooperation with federal prosecutors before pleading guilty to taking $2.4 million in bribes in November, Time magazine reported yesterday.

Time said that it is unclear who might have been targeted for electronic monitoring by Cunningham but that the topic "is the source of furious -- and nervous -- speculation by congressional Republicans."

The magazine, citing unidentified sources, said the recording took place "at some point during the short interval" between Cunningham's agreement to cooperate with prosecutors and his Nov. 28 guilty plea. [snip]

Sanjay Bhandari of the San Diego U.S. attorney's office, which is leading the probe of Cunningham, also declined to comment on the report.

Cunningham, an eight-term representative and decorated former fighter pilot, tearfully resigned from Congress after admitting that he took millions in bribes from defense contractors -- including cash, house payments, a Rolls-Royce, a yacht and a 19th-century Louis-Philippe commode.

The FBI is still conducting its investigation of defense contractors and others tied to the former lawmaker.
Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/06/AR2006010601764.html

Things keep getting worse for the republicans. Awww, isn't that too bad? :lol:

aps said:

As they say, whatever goes around comes around! Hopefully, those that broke the law will be punished accordingly.

Middleground said:
As they say, whatever goes around comes around! Hopefully, those that broke the law will be punished accordingly.
Can you imagine how certain members of Congress must feel right now that they know "Duke" was wired?

These Republicans need another Rosemary Woods!

aps said:
I can't wait for the truth to be revealed. The entire concept of a Republican Congressman wearing a wire to nail other Republican congressman is the stuff of movies.

You know, all the Dems have to do is gain 15 seats in the House to have the majority again. In 1994 when Republicans swept in as Dems were suspected of misdoing they picked up 50 seats. It certainly is in the realm of possbility that 15+ can be had by the Dems.

History also suggests that virtually always during mid-term elections the party in power loses seats.

Who do you think would be the new Speaker of the House?

26 X World Champs said:
I can't wait for the truth to be revealed. The entire concept of a Republican Congressman wearing a wire to nail other Republican congressman is the stuff of movies.

You know, all the Dems have to do is gain 15 seats in the House to have the majority again. In 1994 when Republicans swept in as Dems were suspected of misdoing they picked up 50 seats. It certainly is in the realm of possbility that 15+ can be had by the Dems.

History also suggests that virtually always during mid-term elections the party in power loses seats.

Who do you think would be the new Speaker of the House?

Just wait until Rove gets indicted! I'm still betting that it's going to happen.
It's so much fun to watch this corrupt house of cards fall apart. Really. It is.

It seems like every day we're treated to another dizzying story of corruption, incompetence, cronyism or scandal. There aren't enough "War On Christmas" issues to cover all of this up.

hipsterdufus said:
Just wait until Rove gets indicted! I'm still betting that it's going to happen.
It's so much fun to watch this corrupt house of cards fall apart. Really. It is.

It seems like every day we're treated to another dizzying story of corruption, incompetence, cronyism or scandal. There aren't enough "War On Christmas" issues to cover all of this up.
Hah! I bet this will be blamed on Bill Clinton - Right wingers sure love to blame Clinton for everything!

Seriously, you're right! Think about these names either under indictment or under suspicion in the last year:

Karl Rove - Bush Crime Family Consiglieri
Scooter Libby - Bush Crime Family Goon
Bill Frist - Bush Crime Family "Made" Man
Tom Ahole DeLAY - Bush Crime Family HIT MAN
Duke Cunningham - Bush Crime Family "Fell Off The Truck" Department
Jack Abramhoff - Bush Crime Family Accountant
Bob Taft - Bush Crime Family Secretary of the Mint (Treasury)
Bob Ney - Bush Crime Family Stooge - Moe, Larry or Curly?

Plus countless yet to be revealed Republicans who will be brought to their knees and forced to face the music.

delay2.jpg

26 X World Champs said:
Hah! I bet this will be blamed on Bill Clinton - Right wingers sure love to blame Clinton for everything!

Seriously, you're right! Think about these names either under indictment or under suspicion in the last year:

Plus countless yet to be revealed Republicans who will be brought to their knees and forced to face the music.

delay2.jpg

At first I said, "hahahaha, funny stuff, and it really does ring true" but then I came to my senses, and realized, this is all politics are! I then forgot the anger I had for my own party, and concentrated on the one of those across the aisle......this is our problem! I can admit this, others can not, and this is the cancer that attached it's self to our America.

I believe some here just don't care about that end result, only the parting shot of the day. I struggle to be the opposite of that end, and participate as I know is effective, and is productive. I fear for this country, more everyday.:(

Deegan said:
At first I said, "hahahaha, funny stuff, and it really does ring true" but then I came to my senses, and realized, this is all politics are! I then forgot the anger I had for my own party, and concentrated on the one of those across the aisle......this is our problem! I can admit this, others can not, and this is the cancer that attached it's self to our America.

I believe some here just don't care about that end result, only the parting shot of the day. I struggle to be the opposite of that end, and participate as I know is effective, and is productive. I fear for this country, more everyday.:(
I do agree with you on this one (are you surprised)? The evilness of politics definitely extends across both parties. The sad truth is that when one party is in power long enough the inevitable result is corruption, and that is what is happening now.

If you look at the list that I included in my last post it is in truth quite upsetting and quite telling too. We're talking about the top of the Republican food chain here, not just some average members of Congress (which would be bad enough by itself).

The list again is quite upsetting and really terrible:

Back
Top Bottom