• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Duck dynasty star’s passionate anti-abortion speech goes viral [W:22]

WCH

Believer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson is apparently fiercely anti-abortion. In fact, he believes the United States’ acceptance of the practice is proof that the country has strayed far from her founding principles.

The popular television star in a video that has just now gone viral can be seen preaching to an audience in Pennsylvania about God, the Bible, and the Founding Fathers.

Re: Duck dynasty star’s passionate anti-abortion speech goes viral

If one seeks enlightenment from Duck Dynasty people, one is a moron of morons.

On the subject of History Channel/A&E television...

Has anyone seen the Barter Kings episode wherein they trade the conga drums? That is some of the funniest **** I've seen in a long time. If that guy came out and said he was sober and just looking for a chance to audition his acting skills, he would make it to the bigtime. Unfortunately, it appears that he was simply a stunning moron. I was gonna open a thread about it (because it's so damn funny), but couldn't find a clip on youtube.

If one seeks enlightenment from Duck Dynasty people, one is a moron of morons.

If Phil Robertson said "Don't play in the street because you might get run over" and you believed his words would that be equally "moronic".

None are so blind as those who choose not to see.

On the subject of History Channel/A&E television...

Has anyone seen the Barter Kings episode wherein they trade the conga drums? That is some of the funniest **** I've seen in a long time. If that guy came out and said he was sober and just looking for a chance to audition his acting skills, he would make it to the bigtime. Unfortunately, it appears that he was simply a stunning moron. I was gonna open a thread about it (because it's so damn funny), but couldn't find a clip on youtube.

You are doubly off topic.

If Phil Robertson said "Don't play in the street because you might get run over" and you believed his words would that be equally "moronic".

None are so blind as those who choose not to see.

Look at them. Listen to them.

And then tell me you can take them seriously.

Doesn't mean you get to hijack the thread. Please stay on topic or leave.

Doesn't mean you get to hijack the thread. Please stay on topic or leave.

I'm not hijacking the thread. My point is that morons on TV should not be the basis of any serious conversation. Are we not allowed to question sources? If my source was Bozo the Clown, no one is allowed to comment on that?

Please use legit sources or leave.

Much like when listening to anyone else I take seriously the things that I believe are said in sincerity. I really don't care who you are or how you look when you're saying it.....unless I'm playing a hand of poker against you.

Much like when listening to anyone else I take seriously the things that I believe are said in sincerity. I really don't care who you are or how you look when you're saying it.....unless I'm playing a hand of poker against you.

Poker is a lot like debate. This source constitutes a bluff.

You a millionaire? You been married to the same woman since high school?
I am not a fan of the show, but the man has obviously done something right. And I doubt he gives much care about what anyone thinks of him.

Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson is apparently fiercely anti-abortion. In fact, he believes the United States’ acceptance of the practice is proof that the country has strayed far from her founding principles.

The popular television star in a video that has just now gone viral can be seen preaching to an audience in Pennsylvania about God, the Bible, and the Founding Fathers.

[video=youtube;aDzgYCg4aVQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aDzgYCg4aVQ[video]

Abortion was legal when the country was founded.

You been married to the same woman since high school?

I'm not so sure that's an accomplishment.

I'm pro-life (mild), but I have some respect for my position - it is not derived from Duck Men on TV. Using this source makes pro-life people look like idiots.

I'm pro-life (mild), but I have some respect for my position - it is not derived from Duck Men on TV. Using this source makes pro-life people look like idiots.

He was giving a speech as a private citizen, not as a member of the TV show.

Wild Game Supper Berean Bible Church Feb. 5,6 2010 Special Guest Speaker: Phil Robertson aka The Duck Commander

Why? Because he has a long beard? Hunts? Has faith? Has his own opinions? Has a pulpit and uses it?
What part of him negates his views?

Phil Robertson aka The Duck Commander

I'm not a duck.

Why? Because he has a long beard? Hunts? Has faith? Has his own opinions? Has a pulpit and uses it?
What part of him negates his views?

Have you seen the show?

Last edited:

Have you seen the show?

Yes, its a "reality" show. First and foremost done to entertain. You think every one of them duck calls is made by 5 guys sitting around cracking jokes all day?
Oh, and you didnt answer my question. What about him negates his opinion?

Oh, and you didnt answer my question. What about him negates his opinion?

I did answer your question. Have you seen the show? These people are barely connected to reality, except the young gay guy that's in charge.

His opinion is not negated. He's welcome to it. However, basing ones position on reality TV stars is a sure way to have ones position taken as a joke. As I do not want my position taken as a joke, I do not offer clowns as support. Crap like this makes pro-life people look bad. As a pro-life person, I don't appreciate being made to look like a duck commanded by backwoods, uneducated reality stars.

I might expect a Poe to use reality stars for political support, but not an educated person. That's how ridiculous it is. It's begging for mockery. If this guy is the best we got, we might as well fold up the tent.

Back
Top Bottom