• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ducey to appoint Rep. Martha Mcsally to fill Senate seat

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://tucson.com/news/state-and-regional/ducey-to-appoint-rep-martha-mcsally-to-fill-senate-seat/article_f5e2418c-02da-11e9-a13e-23bde11b2eb2.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

PHOENIX — A month after losing her own bid for the U.S. Senate, Gov. Doug Ducey is appointing Martha McSally to a vacant seat in the upper chamber of Congress.

The move comes on the heels of the decision by Jon Kyl, who replaced John McCain after his death in August, to return to the private sector where he had been. That move had been long anticipated.

It also comes after the governor has been openly lobbied by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to name McSally to the seat.

McSally isn't the choice I'd have made were I in Ducey's shoes but the AZGOP seems to be in "Moderate Milquetoast" mode and has been for quite a while. I think Jan Brewer's swing to the right a few years back freaked everyone out.

Anyway, the Arizona senate delegation will be split and 100% female so at least....whatever.

Kind of explains why she was so quite during the late ballot counting and was so gracious in her defeat. I'm guessing she already knew she would get the nod.

I'm guessing Grant Woods will be her opponent in the 2020 elections.

Back
Top Bottom