• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dubuque City Council Considers Home Gun Sales Ban

Tax dodging is part of the OWS crowd, don't contribute to the problem by not being lawful owner of firearms.
So basically do whatever the G says, so YOU can tell me I am a lawfull gun owner.
What if the laws next year is I must turn them all in for destruction?

So basically do whatever the G says, so YOU can tell me I am a lawfull gun owner.
What if the laws next year is I must turn them all in for destruction?

If you don't live in a society with reasonable laws, then you can feel free to move elsewhere, I hear Somalia is government free since 1991. I'll even pay for your one way ticket.

If you don't live in a society with reasonable laws, then you can feel free to move elsewhere, I hear Somalia is government free since 1991. I'll even pay for your one way ticket.
So destruction of all our guns is reasonable to you?
And I doubt you can afford a ticket.

So destruction of all our guns is reasonable to you?
And I doubt you can afford a ticket.
I said reasonable, we'll never see a ban on all firearms in the US. At least not until the entire world has gotten rid of theirs first which will be long after our life times end.

Tell me where you want to fly from and I'll book it today, no questions asked.

I said reasonable, we'll never see a ban on all firearms in the US. At least not until the entire world has gotten rid of theirs first which will be long after our life times end.

Tell me where you want to fly from and I'll book it today, no questions asked.
Melbourne International, to Fiji.

Melbourne International, to Fiji.

I said I'd pay for your ticket to Somalia, you know a government free zone where you'd prosper.

Fiji has banned all firearms minus those in the military. :) Gotta love English colonies.

By selling a firearm "under the table". You're also wrong in your belief that an FFL can just sell a gun to Bubba on the range. An FFL dealer is required by law to perform a federal NIC background check on a customer before the purchase of a firearm can be made. An FFL holder must also keep record of all purchases and sales regardless of what you think you can get away with. Not reporting a sale is the dumbest thing an FFL holder could ever do.

Your entire argument is based on private sales, which is an exchange between two non-FFL holders. FFLs are subject to very strict federal regulations that are enforced by the BATF. A discrepancy is the last thing you want when they come to check your records, and they will pay you a visit if you have an FFL.

When I have had my FFLs, I had to document which firearms were for personal use and which ones were for resale. If they were stored in the same vault/gun safe, they had to be tagged as well. ATF does not really care to bother you if it is apparent you have a home based business if you can show you are actually doing business and it is not being used for the acquisition of firearms. I work with them (train. Them actually) and it is no big deal to them unless 1. You are an asshat already being looked at for other causes or 2. Have an FFL to buy your own firearms but do not show a profit or indication that you are seriously trying to run a business... I would be careful bud because it sounds like you are skating awfully close to number 2......

Neither has Somalia.

Actually, under the totalitarian fist of Al Shabaab, surfing was banned (along with soccer and all other recreational sports). Also banned was girls in school and, well, you know the routine. The recent liberation (by outside forces) has reversed that.

So they are tax dodgers... that is illegal come an audit.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised you want to take advantage of what the taxes give you without paying in.

again a stupid assumption

It is accurate. :)

really? so edify me on your knowledge of FFL licenses, tax requirements and so forth

having represented dealers, gun shops, home FFLs and later enforcement agencies, I suspect there is very little of this issue I don't know

really? so edify me on your knowledge of FFL licenses, tax requirements and so forth

having represented dealers, gun shops, home FFLs and later enforcement agencies, I suspect there is very little of this issue I don't know

They sell gunz, they must be bad. LOL

By selling a firearm "under the table". You're also wrong in your belief that an FFL can just sell a gun to Bubba on the range. An FFL dealer is required by law to perform a federal NIC background check on a customer before the purchase of a firearm can be made. An FFL holder must also keep record of all purchases and sales regardless of what you think you can get away with. Not reporting a sale is the dumbest thing an FFL holder could ever do.

Your entire argument is based on private sales, which is an exchange between two non-FFL holders. FFLs are subject to very strict federal regulations that are enforced by the BATF. A discrepancy is the last thing you want when they come to check your records, and they will pay you a visit if you have an FFL.

Don't take it up with me, just repeating what has been said on this thread several times. Feel free to re-read it if you'd like.

Don't take it up with me, just repeating what has been said on this thread several times. Feel free to re-read it if you'd like.

you apparently don't understand that hs claims do not contradict what I said or vice versa. you whined about having certain business licenses for tax purposes

you apparently don't understand that hs claims do not contradict what I said or vice versa. you whined about having certain business licenses for tax purposes

I understand the claims just fine, doesn't change the fact he is a tax dodger.

Back
Top Bottom